SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Supposedly these guys make millions . Why can't they take a little and go in the neighborhoods where there is so much shooting and killing black on black , face it thats what it is and start up some kind of boys club where they have a safe place ? That would be so much more effective than disrespecting the national anthem . Taking a knee or sitting ain't going to do no good but in church . Let them put their money where their knee is . They care so much prove it . Help those coming up who are not so fortunate to help themselves....GET OFF YOUR KNEE (***) AND DO SOMETHING REAL.....
Old 09-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
You never answered the main question about YOU. Do you stand up or dont stand up
Do you get a pass and friends get a pass or they get the same treatment like the players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what I thought would happen...completely over your head.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
You never answered the main question about YOU. Do you stand up or dont stand up
Do you get a pass and friends get a pass or they get the same treatment like the players

I think this is an interesting question. I sit and never really thought about it. But I was always taught and grew up knowing that in the presence of the flag and national anthem you ALWAYS stand and hand over your heart.

We can always start a new thing from this day forward. Right? Stand at da bar and stand on da patio and stand in da livin room!
Old 09-27-2017, 07:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 896

My son is an Airman 1st class in the greatest Air Force in the world and stands ready to protect our freedom.

I respect the right of people to protest and express their views. Freedom of speech protects people from government retribution, but I don't have to agree with them or support them or their endeavors.

Alphaman, in the presence of raising the flag, the anthem and the lowering of colors I stand with my hand over my heart. At home I guess I never really thought about standing but I put my hand over my heart and we don't talk or do other things while the anthem is performed on TV.

I would rather see folks who believe strongly about something work to fix the problem, especially if they have the platform and the means. Since we're talking about the NFL, JJ Watts actions in Houston are exemplary.

Finally, with no disrespect aimed at anyone but as a challenge to everyone I cite this article from the NY Daily News in March 2016. Did this black life matter (all involved are African-Americans)?

"Three suspected gang members who executed a 9-year-old boy in Chicago initially wanted to kidnap the child and cut off his fingers and ears, authorities said Tuesday.

A 22-year-old man who cops say pulled the the trigger was charged with first-degree murder late Monday in the death of little Tyshawn Lee.

Tyshawn was targeted because of his father's gang affiliation and a recent series of shootings between two rival gangs, the Gangster Disciples and the Black P Stones."
Old 09-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
No one is forced to watch the NFL, if ratings continue a downward trend, TV money goes down as will owner revenue and player salary.

NCAAFB>NFL
You think college football doesn't have problems, and a big debate on how to pay college athletes isn't coming? Open your eyes.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:53 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:

You knew the answer to that question before your even asked it.

I admit most probably don't stand at attention at home, and from the admission of the major media outlets, most would not get a chance, because they were going to commercials when the Anthem was being played, before all this started!

Now the major media outlets think it's a great idea to show it?????
Can you say agenda???????

I do not feel unequal to anyone, but I can guarantee you that if I wanted to express myself on any topic it would NEVER make it to live TV on a national level!!!!!!!

I wonder why the media and the supporters of this fine upstanding role model who they claim started this, are not concerned or fighting for the young lady whose rights were violated by this same individual and a couple of his buddies a few years ago???????????? Hypocrites!
Old 09-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

As a veteran, when the anthem is played i stop what i am doing take my cap off and stand w/ my hand over my heart . ( yes at home too). Same when taps is played. stand at attention. when i am at a parade and the colors pass i salute.
Do expect everyone to do the same? No. But i don't approve of anyone calling attention to themselves during the anthem either.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
As a veteran, when the anthem is played i stop what i am doing take my cap off and stand w/ my hand over my heart . ( yes at home too). Same when taps is played. stand at attention. when i am at a parade and the colors pass i salute.
Do expect everyone to do the same? No. But i don't approve of anyone calling attention to themselves during the anthem either.
Ditto. As a fellow veteran, I pause when the anthem is played on tv, but I don't stand and put my hand over my heart, but if i'm wearing a hat, I do take it off. I reserve the standing and placing my hand over my heart for when I am actually in the presence of the flag, rather than looking at digital pixels. And yes, when taps are played at vet's funerals, I place my hand over my heart. I've always been taught that to salute, one has to be on active duty, but perhaps I am wrong. Since Alphaman is the one that stirred this up, I ask him, "are you a vet?" If not, how can you judge those that are? Just wondering.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

You people have surprisingly been steered away from the original point. This isn't about you, it's about the NFL players disrespecting the anthem and the flag. Alphaman cleverly got you guys trying to defend your own actions. Nice move alphaman.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:59 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
Nice move alphaman.
Or typical liberal divert

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 04:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
Ditto. As a fellow veteran, I pause when the anthem is played on tv, but I don't stand and put my hand over my heart, but if i'm wearing a hat, I do take it off. I reserve the standing and placing my hand over my heart for when I am actually in the presence of the flag, rather than looking at digital pixels. And yes, when taps are played at vet's funerals, I place my hand over my heart. I've always been taught that to salute, one has to be on active duty, but perhaps I am wrong. Since Alphaman is the one that stirred this up, I ask him, "are you a vet?" If not, how can you judge those that are? Just wondering.
The rules were changed a few years back . Now any veteran or service member in uniform or out can can stand at attention and salute the flag and the national anthem and the playing of taps .
Old 09-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
The rules were changed a few years back . Now any veteran or service member in uniform or out can can stand at attention and salute the flag and the national anthem and the playing of taps .
Thx eman, I did not know that.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

How would you destroy the most powerful nation on Earth or weaken it to the point where it could easily be conquered without firing a shot? How's this for a plan:

Control the message(liberal media)- check

Remove morality/Christianity from public square to the point where right and wrong does not exist anymore- check

Destroy the nuclear family-check

Send all the good jobs overseas to demoralize the people and make them dependent on government handouts for survival-check

Eliminate the borders to allow vastly different
cultures including mid-evil Muslim barbarians to flood in, do not require them to assimilate- check

Create massive violence and unrest in the streets with paid anarchists- check

Tear down hallowed symbols of the founders and make the citizens understand just how evil they were- check

Teach the confused, demoralized godless citizens that everything they've always thought was right is wrong and anything traditional is evil and racist. In fact people should be ashamed and feel guilty for having the audacity to even be born white. Every thing you say and do is inherently racist so shut up- check

Create a global crisis that can only be solved by a global government(climate change)- check

Crush any sense of national pride and patriotism that remains by dishonering and disrespecting the country's flag, anthem, traditions, language, religion or anything else that may still be holding them together-check

Disarm the citizens after you have convinced them that guns are evil and only the government can properly protect and provide for them- almost check

Occupy the country using UN "peacekeepers" for violating some obscure international law or treaty- almost there, 10-20 years away

Last edited by Pat Babaz; 09-29-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

And for those that think this is tin foil hat stuff, ask yourself this question: All of the things mentioned above are happening (except for the last two). Is it more plausible that they are happening randomly and by coincidence? or are these things being orchestrated to achieve a goal?
Old 09-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 605

To protest our national anthem for ANY reason is out right treason in my opinion. Most of these over paid athletes I?m sure had family that bled on the battle fields so they can have the right to openly voice opinions and protest. But to disrespect our anthem is to disrespect so many that gave their lives for this country. They should be sent to North Korea.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
Tear down hallowed symbols of the founders and make the citizens understand just how evil they were- check
They've torn down Washington, Jefferson, Madison, etc?

You people have lost your minds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 11:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Pat b
Said it right!!
As well as a few people have!!
Back from the one's that trolled and got it off topic!!

Anyone going to watch the NFL games this weekend?? Or make the owners finally get some, ball's?? Me I will not be watching any NFL team this year!!
Old 09-30-2017, 06:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Pat b
Said it right!!
As well as a few people have!!
Back from the one's that trolled and got it off topic!!

Anyone going to watch the NFL games this weekend?? Or make the owners finally get some, ball's?? Me I will not be watching any NFL team this year!!
My team played Thursday night, and bow season opens Sunday. Only reason I won't be watching is because I'll be hunting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2017, 07:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I won't be watching!!
Old 09-30-2017, 07:25 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Didn't really care for the NFL before and I'm damn sure not watching them now. College sports are way better anyway.