SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttmechanic View Post
they have turkeys on sherburne?
yes I would probably say the most populated WMA in the state. Season is only a week long and they usually average 60-75 birds a season. About 4 years ago I think they killed 92.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Banned

i'm huntn somethin but it may not be a turkey
Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
Hawgs or Hogs?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned

both
Old 03-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
It's still a gobbler.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
I got a spot that was covered with birds year before last when the water was low off Iron Gate Rd. If the water is low enough to get back there, they should be in there.
I have never hunted in that area......always heard that there were a lot of hunters that hunt that area, so I stay away from there. There are too many roads in that area so it is easy to hunt from the road.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I have never hunted in that area......always heard that there were a lot of hunters that hunt that area, so I stay away from there. There are too many roads in that area so it is easy to hunt from the road.
You are right there is usually a bunch of people back there. I try and get out there very early and beat everyone out there though.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Swordfish

Went solo this morning behind my camp in St Francisville. Went listen yesterday afternoon at one of my favorite spots, nothin. So decided to go to another spot I know they like to hang. They were there. 3 gobblers with hens sounding off within 100 yds of me but there was a creek b/w us. Couldn't get any closer cause I knew I would be seen. They pitched down went other way to an open field. I crept up to field and peak my head over and there they are standing about 60-70 yards struttin. I laid down and tried to get them closer by calling soft but couldn't. Decided to take the shot aimed a little high and MISSED! Oh well, it happens. I'm gonna give em a break and go slide back there tom morning and try and cut em off. I'm still sitting in the woods with not much going on. My buddies on another piece heard 3 but couldn't get them to cooperate.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Went solo this morning behind my camp in St Francisville. Went listen yesterday afternoon at one of my favorite spots, nothin. So decided to go to another spot I know they like to hang. They were there. 3 gobblers with hens sounding off within 100 yds of me but there was a creek b/w us. Couldn't get any closer cause I knew I would be seen. They pitched down went other way to an open field. I crept up to field and peak my head over and there they are standing about 60-70 yards struttin. I laid down and tried to get them closer by calling soft but couldn't. Decided to take the shot aimed a little high and MISSED! Oh well, it happens. I'm gonna give em a break and go slide back there tom morning and try and cut em off. I'm still sitting in the woods with not much going on. My buddies on another piece heard 3 but couldn't get them to cooperate.
I am gonna be the first and chime in on this and it may seem a little Louisiana Sportsman dot com-like but..........60-70 yds? and aim high with a shotgun? Yes we all know people that kill them regularly at that distance, but would you shoot a duck that far? That is all I will say for now, and why in the world are you on the internet when you have the best scenery right in front of you? Sorry had to say it, work has me tied up until next weekend so i guess i am jealous, I will have my phone with me also out there, but it will be off and the only calls I make will be to the wife late in the evenings to let her know I am alive and thats it
Old 03-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I am gonna be the first and chime in on this and it may seem a little Louisiana Sportsman dot com-like but..........60-70 yds? and aim high with a shotgun? Yes we all know people that kill them regularly at that distance, but would you shoot a duck that far? That is all I will say for now, and why in the world are you on the internet when you have the best scenery right in front of you? Sorry had to say it, work has me tied up until next weekend so i guess i am jealous, I will have my phone with me also out there, but it will be off and the only calls I make will be to the wife late in the evenings to let her know I am alive and thats it
Thanks for the advice Will Primos! I was shootin a 10 gauge and decided to try. Yes now I know it was a mistake, should have never tried it. But figured I would post the good reports and the bad. And it was 9am when I was on the internet, nothing was going on I was just sitting under a tree trying to kill time by "playing on the Internet."

Last edited by specktator; 03-19-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Will Primos! I was shootin a 10 gauge and decided to try. Yes now I know it was a mistake, should have never tried it. But figured I would post the good reports and the bad. And it was 9am when I was on the internet, nothing was going on I was just sitting under a tree trying to kill time by "playing on the Internet."
Tune in next week as we will discuss 40 yard pass shots at ducks, 50 yard bow shots thru brush, the 300 yd pipeline shot on deer, and texting while fishing
Old 03-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

lmao