SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
Most of the higher end rods have warranties replacing them if just such a thing happens. You could go into Lake Charles Tackle right now, and buy the most expensive Shimano rod they have, go outside, break it in your truck, walk back in, and swap it out for a new one....no questions asked.
except then your stuck with a shimano rod
Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

I started off with 20 and 30 dollar rods and now I'm up to 80 to 100 dollar rods. I have slowly gone up with the spending and hoping I'm getting the quality. So far I think I have. I've got Falcons and All Stars. Does Waterloo make an 80 to 100 dollar rod? I can't afford to step up to the next level yet.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboatman View Post
I started off with 20 and 30 dollar rods and now I'm up to 80 to 100 dollar rods. I have slowly gone up with the spending and hoping I'm getting the quality. So far I think I have. I've got Falcons and All Stars. Does Waterloo make an 80 to 100 dollar rod? I can't afford to step up to the next level yet.

Doug....Cheap WaterLoo is about $180-$220 but I promise you this is one of the best rods you ever will use
Old 10-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Redfish

Cash: 602

I've never fished with a Waterloo, actually this is the first time I have heard of them, I have and still use a couple of Falcons. My favorite is a Shimano. If feel and sensitivity are the selling points of higher end rods, you need to move up to bigger fish.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by live to fish View Post
I've never fished with a Waterloo, actually this is the first time I have heard of them, I have and still use a couple of Falcons. My favorite is a Shimano. If feel and sensitivity are the selling points of higher end rods, you need to move up to bigger fish.
Well said brotha !!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

My favorite rod, is a custom rod made my A.D's rod Co. AWESOME TOPWATER ROD. and for the price he gave me, i'd rather by from him then any other rod company (custom or big name brand)
Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Buy me 1. I'll pay for shipping and the rod ..... And....well !?!?!?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

ive never fished with the waterloo i held one sure it was nice. i dont mind spending top dollar for top dollar stuff. my main rods are falcon cenderi ti 7ft light, falcon cara 7ft med , and the st. croix tourney legend"teaser". my st. croix is the most sensitive, but my cenderi is very sensitive as well but just feels better and it has great casting distance. mabey if i could find a good deal on the waterloo like on the falcon cenderi ( 289.00 rod for 99.00 out the door) then i will give it a shot but untill then im still a falcon man who also like the st croix!!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

I threw Bruce's Chronarch/Waterloo combo and my Chronarch/Cenderi ti combo. I'm no tackle expert but I didn't see much difference in the two rods. In fact...gimme a choice and I'll take the Cenderi.

And, yes...Falcon does still make the Cenderi.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
who wants to start a rod and ammo company with me? lol
im game !!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Will let Billy Stix run the rod dept
Old 10-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Will let Billy Stix run the rod dept
my wife loves hers i used it one or twice only ( cuz its pink) but he does make a great rod
Old 10-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Most of the higher end rods have warranties replacing them if just such a thing happens. You could go into Lake Charles Tackle right now, and buy the most expensive Shimano rod they have, go outside, break it in your truck, walk back in, and swap it out for a new one....no questions asked.
this is why I went with there rods . Greg and Arron will back them up 100% and they are a good rod
Old 10-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
i used to buy shimano for that reason, that is awsome LCT is still doing that. here in BR , bass pro , cabelas, and academy used to do it also no questions asked, untill recently if you dont purchase a bass pro or cabales extended warranty they will not do an over the counter past 30 days you have to deal directly with the manufacture. so now i buy what i want because most high end rod do have a great manufacture warranty but i am alittle more careful because it can be more difficult dealing with the big dogs and it takes longer. if i break a rod in my truck door i would never try to swap it out , but to bad not everyone thinks like that and they take advantage of the situation i dont blame the manuf. for stricter towards returns
Old 10-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I tried All Star Rods and broke one on the first day I used it. They wanted me to pay the shipping to them, plus a $25 fee to fix it and another shipping fee to ship it to me. I chunked it in the can. To me, that is not a good warranty.
I went and tried a Shimano and broke it too. LCT replaced it with no questions. I like that. I didn't even have to show a reciept.
I decided to try the Spiral Stix cause of they sponsored this site. I love the Spiral Stix better than the Shimano. It feels so much better and it chunks the light weight lures I like to use better than the Shimano. I have one and another on the way.
I am not looking to spend a fortune on rods, but I do like the feel of a good rod. Once you throw a good rod, it's hard to go back to something less.
I have spent more $$$ on rods and reels since I started fishing inshore again than I ever did, but I think it is worth it.
I also like the custom rods cause they are that, custom. Built like I want mine to be built, and they look great. My wife crapped a cinder block when I bought the Spiral Stix, but when she looked at it and felt it, she was o.k. with it.
If I can buy custom and she not gripe at me about it, then we are all happy at my house.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I tried All Star Rods and broke one on the first day I used it. They wanted me to pay the shipping to them, plus a $25 fee to fix it and another shipping fee to ship it to me. I chunked it in the can. To me, that is not a good warranty.
I went and tried a Shimano and broke it too. LCT replaced it with no questions. I like that. I didn't even have to show a reciept.
I decided to try the Spiral Stix cause of they sponsored this site. I love the Spiral Stix better than the Shimano. It feels so much better and it chunks the light weight lures I like to use better than the Shimano. I have one and another on the way.
I am not looking to spend a fortune on rods, but I do like the feel of a good rod. Once you throw a good rod, it's hard to go back to something less.
I have spent more $$$ on rods and reels since I started fishing inshore again than I ever did, but I think it is worth it.
I also like the custom rods cause they are that, custom. Built like I want mine to be built, and they look great. My wife crapped a cinder block when I bought the Spiral Stix, but when she looked at it and felt it, she was o.k. with it.
If I can buy custom and she not gripe at me about it, then we are all happy at my house.

Ray...Next time your in I want to try one of Billy's Rods..... Im going to get him to make me a light action one!!! Just want to feel one so I know what way to go on the action
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Redfish

Cash: 653

Well said Ray. ...SK
Old 10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

bottom line is that waterloo/laguna are charging too much
Old 10-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Ray...Next time your in I want to try one of Billy's Rods..... Im going to get him to make me a light action one!!! Just want to feel one so I know what way to go on the action
I will be off work for 3 weeks when I get off. I get off Oct. 13th till Nov. 3rd.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
My luck,it wouldn't be as easy. I've heard that LCT was that good. I'll save some money and try it out

its just that easy. i broke one of my crucials last sunday morning. walked in and before i could say anything they took it from me, found the replacement and handed it over. thats one of the main reasons i have shimano rods.