SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Figure 8's is the new finger
Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

Can we have a figure 8 video demonstration?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

Lmao...dude that is crazy. I wonder who was involved???
Old 05-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
To be honest it is the first confirmed fist fight on the water I have heard of. I really hope it's the last, all we need is sheriffs slow rolling around the lake like they do at Contraband.
They seeze me trollin,theyz hatin,tryn to catch me ridin dirty.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
To be honest it is the first confirmed fist fight on the water I have heard of. I really hope it's the last, all we need is sheriffs slow rolling around the lake like they do at Contraband.
Exactly my thoughts. People think they own the lake. Maybe we should go to a Lottery so there won't be too many people on the lake! Come on people it's just fish.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Exactly my thoughts. People think they own the lake. Maybe we should go to a Lottery so there won't be too many people on the lake! Come on people it's just fish.
This is all a natural progression of aggressive behavior. Once it becomes "ok" to run a figure 8 around someone's boat and take it to that level there will always be a guy out there that is not willing to back down and takes exception to another person's aggressive acts. I have heard many people on this site talk about casting top water lures into someone's boat, running circles around them, etc... While some people may be the passive type and back down, there are a great number of people out there with perhaps nothing to lose (or significant power) that will absolutely stand up for themselves in all situations. I am constantly embarrassed by some of the comments that I see on here.

Until we get back to fishing for fun and relaxing on the water instead of constantly expecting and anticipating the next "pilgrim" to cause you a problem these types of things will only get worse.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
This is all a natural progression of aggressive behavior. Once it becomes "ok" to run a figure 8 around someone's boat and take it to that level there will always be a guy out there that is not willing to back down and takes exception to another person's aggressive acts. I have heard many people on this site talk about casting top water lures into someone's boat, running circles around them, etc... While some people may be the passive type and back down, there are a great number of people out there with perhaps nothing to lose (or significant power) that will absolutely stand up for themselves in all situations. I am constantly embarrassed by some of the comments that I see on here.

Until we get back to fishing for fun and relaxing on the water instead of constantly expecting and anticipating the next "pilgrim" to cause you a problem these types of things will only get worse.

Just my opinion.
Well said and agree more than I can type. As aggravating as it is when someone shows no respect or courtesy on the water, I would never let it come down to figure 8s or climbing in someone else's boat and fighting with them. To me that puts you on there level which IS NO BETTER than what they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Agreed...with all the talk of throwing topwaters at people, figure 8's and whatever, I can't understand why butts aren't being kicked every weekend at the launch.

Well I take that back...I know why it doesn't happen. As kinchen said, most people have something to lose, so they aren't going to risk a lawsuit by straightening someone out.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Ive missed no mre than five weeks of fishing in 2 years....fished every season winter, summer, fall, and spring and the worst time for this is during the 3 month hype of birds and warm weather of your summer months...if you get a drift cutter or ptlocker then move....i fish for fun and to fish against myself everytime....if it happens to me i find it a challenge to move and go find more on my own.....i take it that if you need to potlick or cut into someones drift to catch fish to me it means you just SUCK....jmo
Old 05-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
Agreed...with all the talk of throwing topwaters at people, figure 8's and whatever, I can't understand why butts aren't being kicked every weekend at the launch.
I think most of the people that talk about doing these things just say it to say it but wont do it.I hate to say it but im sure some of the people on the water need an a**
Whooping but its not worth it. Even if I dont catch fish im happy just bein out there and there is just too much water out there to let it ruin my trip
Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

If you don't show or tell a idiot what there doing wrong...they will never learn.......That's why I don't fish birds anymore unless its a group with zero boats around...just to many water and boat stupid people bottom line

I don't fish for fun....I do it for the sport and I don't like bad days....and I like catching fish and when a idiot messes me up because he is clueless and moron I will light him up....if I get shot on the water at least I died doing what I like!!!! Go out with your boots on!!!

You give a idiot a inch he takes a mile !!!! Stop idiots by letting them know and when they mess up you....wreck shop on the whole area where nobody catch fish

Peace out...I'm crabbing
Old 05-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Btw figure 8 has been working great during bird season
Old 05-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
If you don't show or tell a idiot what there doing wrong...they will never learn.......That's why I don't fish birds anymore unless its a group with zero boats around...just to many water and boat stupid people bottom line

I don't fish for fun....I do it for the sport and I don't like bad days....and I like catching fish and when a idiot messes me up because he is clueless and moron I will light him up....if I get shot on the water at least I died doing what I like!!!! Go out with your boots on!!!

You give a idiot a inch he takes a mile !!!! Stop idiots by letting them know and when they mess up you....wreck shop on the whole area where nobody catch fish

Peace out...I'm crabbing
I don't really see how you running figure 8s by someone teaches them what they did wrong. Now if you trolled over to them and without threatening or cursing explained the issue then you be teaching them something. Then if they tell you to )))) yourself then you have to decide how you want to handle it.

It amazes me that you have publicly stated that you are willing to die over a fish. You have a family to think about, there are bigger things out there than a limit of trout.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
At some point there will be repercussions for your actions, you probably just do not realize it yet. It might not be a fight or it could be. I might be these people you messed over seeing you on a reef by yourself catching fish when they decide to run a figure 8, what are you going to do then? It might be your truck without wheels when you get back to the landing. It could be a number of things and not all of them may deal with fishing and some may hit you in areas that you would have never suspected.

What I can tell you with certainty is that if you continue to have no patience with others and be the aggressor in all of these situations there will come a time that you regret your actions. Laugh about it, have your club W buddies respond to this thread about how you are above the law, whatever. I think you consider me a friend and I have no ill will towards you. For your own sake you need to chill man and I hope you do. I'm done with this thread.

You are a great fishermen and you have nothing to prove, go out and have fun and relax.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
is it really a figure 8 or more like a figure 0?? where is the boat in question in relation to the 8?? seems like you are doing a extra "loop" when a figure 0 would sufice just fine ...unless there are 2 "moron" boats in question
Old 05-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
At some point there will be repercussions for your actions, you probably just do not realize it yet. It might not be a fight or it could be. I might be these people you messed over seeing you on a reef by yourself catching fish when they decide to run a figure 8, what are you going to do then? It might be your truck without wheels when you get back to the landing. It could be a number of things and not all of them may deal with fishing and some may hit you in areas that you would have never suspected.

What I can tell you with certainty is that if you continue to have no patience with others and be the aggressor in all of these situations there will come a time that you regret your actions. Laugh about it, have your club W buddies respond to this thread about how you are above the law, whatever. I think you consider me a friend and I have no ill will towards you. For your own sake you need to chill man and I hope you do. I'm done with this thread.

You are a great fishermen and you have nothing to prove, go out and have fun and relax.
Its a figure of speech....but all yall say... Fishing its just foe fun...

Well pay my boat note ,fuel bill ,boat insurance , repairs and then tell me how fun fishing really is

If your going fishing for fun..... That's fine but don't mess others who are fishing for more than just "FUN" up

When I take my girl fishing for Fun
Were going way away from anyone else because I know I have to be patient and take time

So that Fishing for Fun...just don't go well with me....
Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
is it really a figure 8 or more like a figure 0?? where is the boat in question in relation to the 8?? seems like you are doing a extra "loop" when a figure 0 would sufice just fine ...unless there are 2 "moron" boats in question
I only fish one boat per birds..so when another boats come on me...I will crank up blow them out...there my fish I found the 1st....so what I do with them is up to me....when people see this black boat crank up every time another boat comes on me....they might just start staying away..(that's my goal)
Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Has fishing big lake really turned into this? This is one reason why i don't fish that body of water anymore, and it looks like it will stay like that.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Its a figure of speech....but all yall say... Fishing its just foe fun...

Well pay my boat note ,fuel bill ,boat insurance , repairs and then tell me how fun fishing really is

If your going fishing for fun..... That's fine but don't mess others who are fishing for more than just "FUN" up

When I take my girl fishing for Fun
Were going way away from anyone else because I know I have to be patient and take time

So that Fishing for Fun...just don't go well with me....

I am as competitive as any person you know, that is what has driven me in life and in my businesses. I will admit I am a sore loser and I do not handle defeat well, most competitive people don't. I have had to learn that some things are out of my control and I will not win every time or even most of the time in most matters in life. It has been something that I have struggled with. I understand where you are coming from but self control is very important in the game of life.

You are not selling these fish, even if you limit every single trip that you take, you are paying far more per pound for fish than you would ever pay at the grocery store. In your mind it might be a competition but in reality you are fishing for fun.

Unless you are fishing a tournament for significant money or become a guide, you are fishing recreationally.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
Has fishing big lake really turned into this? This is one reason why i don't fish that body of water anymore, and it looks like it will stay like that.
Yes it has and you can feel the pressure and intense nature of what the lake has become every single day that you are out there. This is one of the reasons I bought a night boat. Once I have had enough of the mess that goes on every day (even during the week now, not just on the weekend), I shut it down and catch limits every night.