SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 12-12-2009, 03:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,303
Default most memorable fishing exprience

We were wading in about 3' of water about 200 yds from the boatand all of a sudden lightning started striking all aournd us.So we just looked at each other and said we are to far from the boat and it looks like it wont last long.Lasted about 15 minutes and stopped.As soon as it stopped it sounded like popcorn popping.In about 20 minutes we had 32 trout between 3-6 lbs.It was scary when it was lightning but the thrill of those fish got the fear out of us.What are yalls most memorable moments?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

ive had a lotta close calls , but nothin, absolutely nothing comes close ta the look on my boy and girls faces when they caught their first fish. hands down the most memorable moments in fishin in my life
Old 12-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

Dang speckdaddy, how can anyone top that other than saying with their kid. But You know your right. It can't be topped....But a close 2nd is watching you grand kids catching their first, second, eighth, 100th out of your boat in your favorite spot. Cool everytime.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD View Post
Dang speckdaddy, how can anyone top that other than saying with their kid. But You know your right. It can't be topped....But a close 2nd is watching you grand kids catching their first, second, eighth, 100th out of your boat in your favorite spot. Cool everytime.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,303

cant wait til my grandson is old enough to fish with me.hes only 3 months(supossed to be 3 weeks but decided to come early).
Old 12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophytroutman View Post
cant wait til my grandson is old enough to fish with me.hes only 3 months(supossed to be 3 weeks but decided to come early).
he just couldnt wait ta go fish with his paw paw!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

well thank the good lord i dont have a kid yet..so ima say my first 200+ class yellowfin tuna...and first bluefin tuna on the same day last summer was pretty memorable...also this past summer me and my fishin partner charlie put together a 50 fish box with no fish under 3.5 lbs..sthey ranged from 3.5 to 7.9 lbs....just one of those wiked schools of trout you might get on 2 times in your lifetime if your lucky...
Old 12-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
well thank the good lord i dont have a kid yet..so ima say my first 200+ class yellowfin tuna...and first bluefin tuna on the same day last summer was pretty memorable...also this past summer me and my fishin partner charlie put together a 50 fish box with no fish under 3.5 lbs..sthey ranged from 3.5 to 7.9 lbs....just one of those wiked schools of trout you might get on 2 times in your lifetime if your lucky...
ya snaggeda bluefin??????????????????? whered ya go stick em at?????? ive seen em, they are like lil vans they are so big
Old 12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Flounder

Cash: 664

catching my trophy trout in port mansifeild 28 and 3/4 sure wish ike would have left me a pic.......time to catch another one
Old 12-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Winning my first tourney...

Fishing on the beach during summer time croaker soaking with my dad and his buds..Kicked back and having a cold one...nothing but 3 lb+ fish limiting out each trip, for 3-4 days at a time
Old 12-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Sailfishing in Costa Rica wiff my wife.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

sac-a-lait fishing in beau bayou with a curly tail jig catching sac-a-lait, bream and bass cast after cast
Old 12-12-2009, 10:59 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,840

Riding horseback up the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming....Stopping and fishing all the little creeks catching trout, pitching a tent and cooking right on the fire....We made 2 seperate trips and stayed out for 3 days and 2 nights each trip....What a paradise that place was.....
Old 12-12-2009, 11:49 PM

Cash: 376

watching my girlfriends 6 yr old catchin trout in grand isle on a top water bait with a zebco 33! he was smoking my dad and i that day ! he could tell anyone how many he caught and how many my dad and i caught! he tells everyone that story !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0044.jpg (77.5 KB, 160 views)
Old 12-13-2009, 01:23 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
ya snaggeda bluefin??????????????????? whered ya go stick em at?????? ive seen em, they are like lil vans they are so big
well not all bluefins are that big...mine wasnt but 85 lbs. nothion to brag over just a first ya know..i watched charters catch em for a couple years and never got one then one day i did....
Old 12-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919
Default The basin

Favorite was is a tie between filling the front end of my pirouge with sacalait all over ten inches on the crook shane,Or filling the front of my john boat with red fish for the first time.Didn't even know what the limit was boy was that fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 108.jpg (90.9 KB, 150 views)
Old 12-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Wow Dudes, this site is addictive.
I once got caught in a thunder boomer like trophytroutman, I beached my boat and hunkered down and made a small target. My ears hurt and my chest rattled - not an experience that I ever want to repeat. Lightening is no fun.
I've had some fun trips with my kids but, grand kids are the greatest. I sent the picture of my grandaughter with her first redfish to the Louisiana Sportsman magazine and they published it. One excited little girl.
One of my most memorable fishing trips happened not far from Pelican Point - I caught my 25 trout (all ~3 lbs) and 5 redfish all on topwater (This was about 10 years ago). I went catch and release for about a hour and then they turned off. I've never seen it like that again. The poor little mullet were in a meat grinder. Kinda like the sardine bait ball on Blue Planet. I could slow down my pulling in a fish and another one would try to take the bait out of the hooked fish's mouth. A red fish straightened one of my trebles so I stopped doing that. Not another boat in sight.

Last edited by Gottogo49; 12-15-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Couldn't attach grandaughter's picture
Old 12-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,644

Most memorable was my 7 year old son catching his first fish in Colorado, about an 8" brown trout on his Snoopy Zebco. Second most memorable was night fishing in Toledo Bend about in 1967 with my two older brothers and my Dad catching sac-a-lait. I never was so tired, scared, and excited.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

My rather wealthy friend took me on a tuna trip many years ago. We left right at dark for a 90 mile run to a floating rig called Mars. Ripping 50 mph across the Gulf ,we got to the tuna grounds in a couple of hours. The tuna would have no part of the hardtails we caught on the way out but were tearing the flying fish up. They would rocket out of the water and nail the f/f in mid air. My buddy looked in his tackle box and found 2 big plastic f/f. When the tuna would start busting near the boat, we were sight casting at them. When we would 'stick' one, they would spool us time and time again.We were also catching flying fish with dip net and putting them on a hook. This insanity went on for a couple of hours. We ended with 8 100+ yellowfin and 16 blackfin tuna. I'll never forget being 90 miles out in GOM with the moonlight and the lights from the rig and tuna smashing everything that hit the surface. I hope to get to bring my 19 year son to experience this one day. I told him to train for one of these trips ,go out in the front yard and find a tree limb and hang by your right arm for 5 min. ,then switch hands and hang by your left arm for 5 min. When you can do that for 1 hour, you're ready to go tuna fishing....

Last edited by Zachary Boy; 12-15-2009 at 11:33 AM.