SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188
Churn Just ordered my latest BillyStix!

Just got off the phone with the rod man himself ordering my rod I won at the tourney. I ordered another no trigger no fore grip 6'6 medium heavy rod. I am not sure if any of y'all have had a chance to try a no trigger rod but I can tell you I won't buy another with one. I have smaller hands so the smaller the rod the better for me. My wedding ring is always digging into my hand cause it rubs the trigger on my older rods. I can tell you that I don't feel a bit of insecurity while using my billystix. I don't even notice that there is no trigger on the rod. In fact on Saturday while me and Meaux Fishin were trolling around I caught a nice redfish. I set the hook pretty hard and the fish made a nice run. At no point did I feel like I was going to lose my rod. I think one of the reasons the no trigger works is because of the spiral design of the rod. The pull is straight down when you fight a fish so there is no torque and the rod doesn't roll in your hand. I just thought I would tell everyone what was on my mind. I have no problem endorsing a product I think is worth it. I know many of you know what a great product Billy puts out there but I thought I would tell the rest of you that don't.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:02 PM

Cash: 376

Yeap that's the truth !
Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

yeah i got a no trigger, no foregrip rod from stix too that thing is sweet
Old 03-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 View Post
Just got off the phone with the rod man himself ordering my rod I won at the tourney. I ordered another no trigger no fore grip 6'6 medium heavy rod. I am not sure if any of y'all have had a chance to try a no trigger rod but I can tell you I won't buy another with one. I have smaller hands so the smaller the rod the better for me. My wedding ring is always digging into my hand cause it rubs the trigger on my older rods. I can tell you that I don't feel a bit of insecurity while using my billystix. I don't even notice that there is no trigger on the rod. In fact on Saturday while me and Meaux Fishin were trolling around I caught a nice redfish. I set the hook pretty hard and the fish made a nice run. At no point did I feel like I was going to lose my rod. I think one of the reasons the no trigger works is because of the spiral design of the rod. The pull is straight down when you fight a fish so there is no torque and the rod doesn't roll in your hand. I just thought I would tell everyone what was on my mind. I have no problem endorsing a product I think is worth it. I know many of you know what a great product Billy puts out there but I thought I would tell the rest of you that don't.

Wow!!! A man that admits he has small hands and likes his small rod, says he not insecure about it............I'm impressed!!! LOL!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:03 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Wow!!! A man that admits he has small hands and likes his small rod, says he not insecure about it............I'm impressed!!! LOL!!!
All those strikes against me and yet I still don't drive a giant truck on a 45" lift with stacks on it.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:55 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Thats it..... Im callin The Stix man.... Im gonna get me one...

How do you think it will feel if I have Big hands, and a big stick?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:20 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddy View Post
Thats it..... Im callin The Stix man.... Im gonna get me one...

How do you think it will feel if I have Big hands, and a big stick?
i think it will feel even better! You won't be nearly as ashamed as I am.