SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:07 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
No worries. This is what I need to know.... ALL the good and the bad. I'm considering a Tundra as well. I mean hell, cant the tundra pull the space shuttle? In all seriousness, it looks as though a person cannot pay less than $50,000 for a truck anymore. And that's only a few options. Loaded out could go well into the upper 50s to low 60s. Crazy if you ask me..... My only NEED is leather. With that package comes a higher price tag as well as more options due to these packages. I really don't want to do a cloth seat then get it leathered aftermarket. Not sure if I trust that. Cheaper, but not better in my eyes.

Keep the comments coming!!!
X2 on the price of trucks being ridiculously overpriced. Put me down for the Tundra 5.7 vote however. 172,000 miles on mine and still drives like the day I pulled it off the lot in August of 08.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:23 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
Ok, let me hear the pros and the cons of a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd.... I am thinking of switching to that from a 2010 Ford F150 4wd....

Don't hold back any comments, good or bad.

Thanks,
BD
I've "heard" some good things about them....BUT
Just because we've been hearing good reviews on the newer dodge trucks in the last couple years doesn't discount the horrible gas trucks they put out for the past 25. I would be skeptical to jump in one on a 1-2 year good review. I would wait for 5-10 years to see how those same people feel, only time and miles can tell the true quality of a truck.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
I've "heard" some good things about them....BUT
Just because we've been hearing good reviews on the newer dodge trucks in the last couple years doesn't discount the horrible gas trucks they put out for the past 25. I would be skeptical to jump in one on a 1-2 year good review. I would wait for 5-10 years to see how those same people feel, only time and miles can tell the true quality of a truck.
5-10 years and the trucks will totally be redesigned. Gas mileage is what it is. They are either getting it or not. You can't go off the mileage they got 25 years ago. My dad still talks about how trucks ride, and the power they have and so on based off of his 78 years. None of them are the way they were just 15 years ago. When they roll out a new version, they are usually totally redesigned. With that being said, I understand a year or two of track record when something new comes out.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
5-10 years and the trucks will totally be redesigned. Gas mileage is what it is. They are either getting it or not. You can't go off the mileage they got 25 years ago. My dad still talks about how trucks ride, and the power they have and so on based off of his 78 years. None of them are the way they were just 15 years ago. When they roll out a new version, they are usually totally redesigned. With that being said, I understand a year or two of track record when something new comes out.
I'm not talking about that specific truck I'm talking about Dodge's engineering design and business culture/model, Toyota and Ford have it, Dodge does not. Dodge's Gas Trucks aren't known for being worth a hoot, and unless they decided to fire and hire a whole new engineering design, reliability, manufacturing, and QC dept. then I'm skeptical of their overnight ode to greatness. Dodge's gas trucks were built as throw aways for a long time, low MSRP, low resale value, low quality. Their bread and butter was the Cummins, they know their role in the industry.

and when I say mileage I'm not talking about MPGs, I'm talking about putting 200k on the unit and then coming back and telling me how you like it.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,241

i can only add my experience... i had an 03 dodge 5.7 hemi, after changing out the rear end and the front ball joints 2 times i got rid of it with 70k miles... i bought a tundra in Sept '14 and have not had 1 issue yet... so far, love the tundra
Old 06-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

Get the diesel and you will love the mpg. At least drive one before deciding.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Pick the model you want and get a custom shop to add leather for $1k. It looks better than factory sometimes. I used to work at a used car dealership and we would add leather for customers. I even had it added to my grandmother's van and it looks really good.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
I'm not talking about that specific truck I'm talking about Dodge's engineering design and business culture/model, Toyota and Ford have it, Dodge does not. Dodge's Gas Trucks aren't known for being worth a hoot, and unless they decided to fire and hire a whole new engineering design, reliability, manufacturing, and QC dept. then I'm skeptical of their overnight ode to greatness. Dodge's gas trucks were built as throw aways for a long time, low MSRP, low resale value, low quality. Their bread and butter was the Cummins, they know their role in the industry.

and when I say mileage I'm not talking about MPGs, I'm talking about putting 200k on the unit and then coming back and telling me how you like it.
Fair enough.