SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190
Default Salt Ditch/Black Lake Land Ownership

[SIZE=3]I was unlucky enough to learn firsthand last weekend that a portion of black lake and the salt ditch is owned by a pirate land owner. I had heard stories in the past of men running up on fishermen in an airboat and circling around them but this is the first time it happened to me. I happened to have my wife and two small children with us, just trying to catch a few redfish in high winds. The area I was in was not marked private and I did not go through a tight levy system like the one on the salt ditch which is more clearly “off limits”. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The men that ran us off came to a dead stop 10 feet from my boat a threw a wake that almost knocked my three year old in the water. They were extremely rude and wreckless. I had no idea I was fishing on “private land” when these pirates showed up to endanger my family. I’m sure they were carrying weapons and any resistance from me could have resulted in a really bad results for both sides. Had I been by myself my reaction would have been different.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I know the CCA is basically silent on this issue and that several Louisiana politicians have tried to get the water access rules from the Foster administration overturned but have been unsuccessful. What can I/we do to fight this? Are you guys aware of an organization that is trying to overturn these laws or someone I should speak with? I do not mind spending a few thousand dollars to fight the cause. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I take my children with me to the outdoors just like my grandfather took me to teach them to respect our resources and the pureness of our sport. I had a very hard time explaining the actions of this drunken pirate to my seven year old. At the end of the day I just told him we broke a rule even though we did not know we were breaking a rule and these guys were water police.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]My understanding is that the owner of this land is the big money man in the town of Sulphur and Hackberry. Our country was created by patriots who were willing to fight the fight, I’m concerned enough to join the cause.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I hope none of you have had this same experience. Had there been a posted sign or some sign that the land was posted I would have disagreed with the principal but I would have respected the rules and turned around.[/SIZE]