SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes)

The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum?

Old 08-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354
Default alligator and swimp boudin.......

Made some gator n swimp boudin today for the first but not last time......nice to have friends in low places........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10155389_642185012498043_1368915057528616702_n.jpg (74.4 KB, 144 views)
Old 08-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Hell yea
Old 08-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

I made a lot of boudin. Been wanting to try my hand at some seafood boudin. Any chance in you sharing recipe?
Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

My first time for seafood also and it came out great.

3 pounds gator cubed 1 inch. Fat removed. 2 cups peeled shrimp , 3 cups wouldn't have hurt nothin. 2 cups rice before being cooked. Cook n drain rice , put on side to cool. Mix shrimp n gator and spread out in pan. Season to taste with red , black pepper, salt. 1/2 tbl. thyme Mix and grind and spread back out in pan. Appx. 1/2 cup dry shallot , dry parsley , dry mince onion. Add rice and 1/2 cup water and mix well . stuff. I made 5-6 inch links so they don't split when cooking and poked fork hole in middle.

To cook I boiled 1/2 to 3/4 pot water in 12 qt. pot with 1/2 cup liquid zaterains crab boil and boiled links about 15 minutes. Then took out and put a clean bbq. rack on top pot , reduced heat and steamed about 20 minutes . Probly don't need to cook that long but i don't like taking chances.

I would think redfish or drum could be added in or replace gator or shrimp but i had gator n swimp so thats what i used.

PS- the old crow goes down good with this also .
Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Redfish

Cash: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by papap View Post
I made a lot of boudin. Been wanting to try my hand at some seafood boudin. Any chance in you sharing recipe?
I've made shrimp and crawfish before. I usually make an étouffée dressing kind of like you would for stuffed chickens. Tastes pretty good.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Redfish

Cash: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
My first time for seafood also and it came out great.

3 pounds gator cubed 1 inch. Fat removed. 2 cups peeled shrimp , 3 cups wouldn't have hurt nothin. 2 cups rice before being cooked. Cook n drain rice , put on side to cool. Mix shrimp n gator and spread out in pan. Season to taste with red , black pepper, salt. 1/2 tbl. thyme Mix and grind and spread back out in pan. Appx. 1/2 cup dry shallot , dry parsley , dry mince onion. Add rice and 1/2 cup water and mix well . stuff. I made 5-6 inch links so they don't split when cooking and poked fork hole in middle.

To cook I boiled 1/2 to 3/4 pot water in 12 qt. pot with 1/2 cup liquid zaterains crab boil and boiled links about 15 minutes. Then took out and put a clean bbq. rack on top pot , reduced heat and steamed about 20 minutes . Probly don't need to cook that long but i don't like taking chances.

I would think redfish or drum could be added in or replace gator or shrimp but i had gator n swimp so thats what i used.

PS- the old crow goes down good with this also .
This sounds pretty tasty