SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 9-16-16 limit of redfish.

Went this am after work and caught a limit of reds and a few trout. First couple storms split one going just NE and other just NW around me. The next one wasn't gonna miss me so around 10 am I headed for the launch. I saw a small flat bottom aluminum rig with 3 young men fishing so slowed down and asked if they wanted some fish. They gladly excepted my fish and bait. When I went to throw my 5 reds and trout in their ice chest I noticed they had 5-6 reds right around 16". They were trying to catch a few more so their mom could fry em up. Storm was close so imagine they headed in shortly after I left. Anyway it looks like reds are still all over and they caught them on dead shrimp under just a plain o bobber cork. Mine came off shad and mullet. One 28" and other 4 20"-22". It wasn't a fast bite and I didn't catch but like 5 others I released. One over slot and rest under. It was a fun bite cause they slapped at it and would come all the way out the water trying to get the mullet swimming around my cork. Again they were actually hitting my cork. Im starting to enjoy red fishing more and more. Birds were working in Turners this am but it was mostly little sand trout and dink specks. Still lots and lots of gaff top. I wish my uncle would get in there and thin them out lol. He eats them. Says the meat is really white and good eating. Going to catch up on sleep tomorrow then try again Sunday morning when get off work. Have to work 7-10 days straight starting Monday so gonna spend more time on water Sunday if weather let's me.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Usually take pics at carwash just before putting them in ice chest then washing boat. Didn't get pics before giving them to boys