SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738
Default Funny but true

Old 08-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Great White

Anybody trying to find a new job knows the meaning....then they want to pay you 10 bucks an hour with 5 years of experience and wonder why the position stays open.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

I completely understand where you're coming from. Since when "entry level" needs 3-5 years experience? What in the Hell is the 0-3 range called then? Just do what I did an apply for them all. At worst they won't call you and at best you get interviewing practice or the job!! Good luck with the search!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I completely understand where you're coming from. Since when "entry level" needs 3-5 years experience? What in the Hell is the 0-3 range called then? Just do what I did an apply for them all. At worst they won't call you and at best you get interviewing practice or the job!! Good luck with the search!
Don't know when they started doing that but it is stupid. I think my biggest problem is my age. So many people my age are drug heads. Now days with all the different ways to fake a piss test companys are less willing to take a chance. I always got a job from knowing someone or a friend of,it's not easy without that for sure!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

What kind of work are you looking for
Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Great White

Anything that pays a check with a normal schedule,no 24 hr call BS.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Don't know when they started doing that but it is stupid. I think my biggest problem is my age. So many people my age are drug heads. Now days with all the different ways to fake a piss test companys are less willing to take a chance. I always got a job from knowing someone or a friend of,it's not easy without that for sure!
This will be one of Colorado's unintended consequences of legalizing marijuana: the ability of companies/schools to test and fire for pot use is in a legal limbo. There are sure to be court battles against companies for attempting to implement hiring/retention policies relative to a legal activity (smoking marijuana).

It probably won't touch the federal employers, but tons of private companies in a wide array of businesses are in a tight spot. If they don't test for marijuana, they face legal liabilities for potential on the job accidents. If they do test, they face legal proceedings.

But another insanity currently gripping the Colorado culture is the discrimination against conservatives. If you want to work in Colorado, take care that nothing on your employment application or internet persona identifies you as a conservative Christian, a firearms enthusiast, or a tea party supporter. Certainly, you should avoid the triple whammy! Yes, it is that bad.

I'm not sure how old you are, but a bold step of listing yourself as "drug free" on a resume, cover letter, or initial meeting may open some doors to employers intentionally trying to hire drug free employees.

Shake their hand firmly, look them in the eye and say something like, "If you're looking to hire a hard working, honest living, drug free employee, then I'm your man."
Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Quote:
Might wanna look into your avatar for clues. I'm sure it's not emblazoned on your shirt during interviews, but the perception might bleed through somehow.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
Might wanna look into your avatar for clues. I'm sure it's not emblazoned on your shirt during interviews, but the perception might bleed through somehow.
My piss test and hair folical test shows the truth. You can fake a piss test but not a hair test.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
This will be one of Colorado's unintended consequences of legalizing marijuana: the ability of companies/schools to test and fire for pot use is in a legal limbo. There are sure to be court battles against companies for attempting to implement hiring/retention policies relative to a legal activity (smoking marijuana).

It probably won't touch the federal employers, but tons of private companies in a wide array of businesses are in a tight spot. If they don't test for marijuana, they face legal liabilities for potential on the job accidents. If they do test, they face legal proceedings.

But another insanity currently gripping the Colorado culture is the discrimination against conservatives. If you want to work in Colorado, take care that nothing on your employment application or internet persona identifies you as a conservative Christian, a firearms enthusiast, or a tea party supporter. Certainly, you should avoid the triple whammy! Yes, it is that bad.

I'm not sure how old you are, but a bold step of listing yourself as "drug free" on a resume, cover letter, or initial meeting may open some doors to employers intentionally trying to hire drug free employees.

Shake their hand firmly, look them in the eye and say something like, "If you're looking to hire a hard working, honest living, drug free employee, then I'm your man."
Funny you mention this,my dad suggested I put drug free on my resume and I did. As for my age I am 27. The biggest problem is most company's have their job postings online and do not have any contact info. The days of in person applications and asking to speak to a manager is mostly lost with the times.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,128
Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
I agree , I don't think sight necessarily means it portrays a drug head , but it does let the imagination of everyone who sees it draw a conclusion...
For instance Ws avatar does not leave much to the imagination . It's simple, a short guy releasing a fish from a slow boat
Old 08-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Great White

I'm not looking to get a job from this site so it does not affect anything. I liked the avatar because we would be better off with jeff bridges being president then the joke in now..
Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Redfish

Cash: 806

Give me a call if u feel like doing residential electrical work. 278-5854
Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bab52 View Post
Give me a call if u feel like doing residential electrical work. 278-5854
I will get with you,I have an interview at 2 this afternoon. I have no experience in that line of work,is that required? Thanks
Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,607

Quote:
Funny you mention this,my dad suggested I put drug free on my resume and I did. As for my age I am 27. The biggest problem is most company's have their job postings online and do not have any contact info. The days of in person applications and asking to speak to a manager is mostly lost with the times.
Yeah most companies will only accept applications online! and they wonder why they have idiots working for them. They never take the time to meet anyone anymore!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaster19 View Post
Yeah most companies will only accept applications online! and they wonder why they have idiots working for them. They never take the time to meet anyone anymore!
Exactly! My wife and I just went through this treadmill looking for employment in Louisiana. And all three job offers we got were cases where we had previous personal or professional contact with the hiring managers. You can make that the last four job offers we've gotten if you go back to 2009 and include my AF job where one of my old friends was on the hiring committee. Now, if resumes like ours can't land a job without "knowing someone" what in the world is the average hard working fellow to do?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Exactly! My wife and I just went through this treadmill looking for employment in Louisiana. And all three job offers we got were cases where we had previous personal or professional contact with the hiring managers. You can make that the last four job offers we've gotten if you go back to 2009 and include my AF job where one of my old friends was on the hiring committee. Now, if resumes like ours can't land a job without "knowing someone" what in the world is the average hard working fellow to do?
In my experience it is almost impossible to land a decent job without knowing someone at the company you are sending resumes to. I must have sent over 200 emails and got very few calls.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Great White

I am considering going to truck driving school to get my cdl....the online job postings are full of driving jobs. Just hard to drop 5 grand with no promise of landing a job.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Quote:
I am considering going to truck driving school to get my cdl....the online job postings are full of driving jobs. Just hard to drop 5 grand with no promise of landing a job.
Yeah I taught about getting my cdl also. I have a friend that drives a 1 ton flatbed for united vision in Broussard. He pretty much stays delivering and pick up on the La. Coast also makes real good money sometimes 2k a week but is always on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
Yeah I taught about getting my cdl also. I have a friend that drives a 1 ton flatbed for united vision in Broussard. He pretty much stays delivering and pick up on the La. Coast also makes real good money sometimes 2k a week but is always on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My uncle works for united vision as well and makes good money. He has a 1 ton and pulls a 40' float. My problem is I don't have the money or credit good enough to buy a truck. I would have to drive a company truck till I can afford my own. You don't make nearly the amount of money vs. running your own truck. All you need is a class D cdl to hotshot,very easy to get just study and take a test at dmv.