SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852
Default need aluminum fabricator near Laplace or within 25 miles

I have a flatboat I want a floor and side skins welded in as well as lidded storage area cut in the top of the rear seat for gas tanks and a dry storage box built and added to the back of the front deck. (nothing big but a decent amount of work)

I would prefer someone who has experience working on boats rather then just a metal fab guy. I just think there might be some things to do with boats that a regular fab guy may not know about the best way to do something.

i think you know what I mean, when I say I want it to look like it was always there and that's how it was bought from the dealer.

anyone know a guy who does good looking work so that wont look like it was something you added to the boat?

I can travel more then 25 miles if needed but prefer someone in my area

thank you for your help
Old 03-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 774

I'm not sure if they are still around, but it won't hurt to give them a call. They were in Laplace.

http://www.communityonline.com/thehole/redbird/
Old 03-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellaBlazer View Post
I'm not sure if they are still around, but it won't hurt to give them a call. They were in Laplace.

http://www.communityonline.com/thehole/redbird/
yep, sadly the dad has passed on but the son still does work in his spare time. they have a new address and new phone number and its a part time business after work only now.

I love his work, haven't seen anyone do better work, a true artist and he is a guy I would recommend to anyone anytime but I have been on a waiting list from him since the end of October and it still doesn't look like he has time for me anytime soon so its time I start finding another option.

Last edited by keakar; 03-15-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Red Snapper

NOBODY?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

David Terebone in westwego!!!'
He just added 5ft to a buddy of mines airboat, and when it's painted you'll never know it was done!
Dudes got a major operation going on! Been in the buiss. For a long time! Also a major league boat builder! He's got over a million in oyster boats being fabed there rite now! Give him a call!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
He just added 5ft to a buddy of mines airboat, and when it's painted you'll never know it was done!
Dudes got a major operation going on! Been in the buiss. For a long time! Also a major league boat builder! He's got over a million in oyster boats being fabed there rite now! Give him a call!
thanks, i'll give him a call and see

this is the place right?

Wego Aluminum & Steel Fabrication, Inc
Old 03-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
yep, sadly the dad has passed on but the son still does work in his spare time. they have a new address and new phone number and its a part time business after work only now.

I love his work, haven't seen anyone do better work, a true artist and he is a guy I would recommend to anyone anytime but I have been on a waiting list from him since the end of October and it still doesn't look like he has time for me anytime soon so its time I start finding another option.
well he just said he is too busy with work so he isn't going to be doing any more part time aluminum work anymore so I guess that's that, the family business is no longer in business

wish he would have been honest and upfront about it 5 months ago

EDIT: after the way he handled this, I think I had way too high of an opinion of the kind of guy he was

Last edited by keakar; 03-16-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Red Snapper

does anyone else have any other suggestions they know are good?

Hammond?
Ponchatoula?
New Orleans?
Gonzales?

it would be good to have more then one option
Old 03-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Angieslist.com

I'm seeing a trail of dissatisfaction with all feedback and advice people give you...
Old 03-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Angieslist.com

I'm seeing a trail of dissatisfaction with all feedback and advice people give you...
Agreed, I have seen the trend also LOL
Old 03-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Angieslist.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
Agreed, I have seen the trend also LOL
really? since I created this thread asking for any advice and happily received both of the suggestions offered here, one of which I was already on a waiting list with.

just because I want to get the most opinions I can does not mean I don't value and accept your suggestions. its not dissatisfaction, its a desire to get more feedback and advice.

do you go buy a car from the first dealer someone tells you about or do you ask to see what other choices you have so you can make a choice between options?

I don't understand why you feel it is somehow wrong or your opinions are somehow not appreciated just because I continue to ask if there are any more recommendations on something.

do I overthink things sometimes? I'm sure I do, nobody is perfect in this world but since when is asking for more advice a bad thing?

I am shocked at such an attitude that you wouldn't feel you should share advice or label me as someone not worth helping because someone dares to not jump on the first suggestion offered to them or change to share the same opinion as you.

that's more in line with the attitudes at LAS and not a friendly website like this one. or so I thought

Last edited by keakar; 03-16-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
really? since I created this thread asking for any advice and happily received both of the suggestions offered here, one of which I was already on a waiting list with.

just because I want to get the most opinions I can does not mean I don't value and accept your suggestions. its not dissatisfaction, its a desire to get more feedback and advice.

do you go buy a car from the first dealer someone tells you about or do you ask to see what other choices you have so you can make a choice between options?

I don't understand why you feel it is somehow wrong or your opinions are somehow not appreciated just because I continue to ask if there are any more recommendations on something.

do I overthink things sometimes? I'm sure I do, nobody is perfect in this world but since when is asking for more advice a bad thing?

I am shocked at such an attitude that you wouldn't feel you should share advice or label me as someone not worth helping because someone dares to not jump on the first suggestion offered to them or change to share the same opinion as you.

that's more in line with the attitudes at LAS and not a friendly website like this one. or so I thought
Sir, I don't mind giving my opinion. But check out your thread you started on trolling motor battery sizes, I was the first to answer your thread with my opinion. One other person gave his opinion, then you leave the thread never to say anything else about it. That's just not right in my opinion.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
Sir, I don't mind giving my opinion. But check out your thread you started on trolling motor battery sizes, I was the first to answer your thread with my opinion. One other person gave his opinion, then you leave the thread never to say anything else about it. That's just not right in my opinion.
you are correct, I failed to thank you guys and I am sorry for that. you answered my question and gave me the info I needed so I felt no need to ask anything else but I am embarrassed I failed to thank you guys for helping me. it truly was an unintentional oversight and I will fix that now even though its a bit after the fact.

I have to admit normally when I see people who fail to come back to a thread and report if advice helped solve the issue I say to myself it was rude of them not to give and closure to the conversation.

if I ever did that I am sorry. I just have about a hundred things going on all at once lately and I feel like im going in circles trying to finish things

I usually don't fail to thank people for advice and im not sure why I didn't thank you there except to say I must have been side tracked by other things going on at the time.

looking back I had failed to finish the threads with thanks in about 6 threads but I also pre-thanked those threads at the beginning in my first post which I often do just in case I forget to thank people later.

but I don't see failing to say thanks at the end as a "dissatisfaction with all feedback and advice people give" but simple an impolite oversight which is totally different IMO

anyway I thank you for pointing out my oversight because I don't like to be one of those people who don't thank others for advice or help.

Last edited by keakar; 03-17-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
you are correct, I failed to thank you guys and I am sorry for that. you answered my question and gave me the info I needed so I felt no need to ask anything else but I am embarrassed I failed to thank you guys for helping me. it truly was an unintentional oversight and I will fix that now even though its a bit after the fact.

I have to admit normally when I see people who fail to come back to a thread and report if advice helped solve the issue I say to myself it was rude of them not to give and closure to the conversation.

if I ever did that I am sorry. I just have about a hundred things going on all at once lately and I feel like im going in circles trying to finish things

I usually don't fail to thank people for advice and im not sure why I didn't thank you there except to say I must have been side tracked by other things going on at the time.

looking back I had failed to finish the threads with thanks in about 6 threads but I also pre-thanked those threads at the beginning in my first post which I often do just in case I forget to thank people later.

but I don't see failing to say thanks at the end as a "dissatisfaction with all feedback and advice people give" but simple an impolite oversight which is totally different IMO

anyway I thank you for pointing out my oversight because I don't like to be one of those people who don't thank others for advice or help.
No Worries Keakar
Old 03-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
I dropped the boat off today.

price was ok for the work I need and you are right, David sure does have an operation going on there. man I felt like I was drooping off a toy boat seeing it next to them big boats lol.

thanks for suggesting him
Old 03-27-2014, 06:08 PM
Red Snapper

just to close out the thread,

I got the boat back today and it was very professional looking work plus he did a lot of little extras like adding latches and locking tabs for the seats in case I wanted to secure things from theft. (i hadn't even asked for anything like that and told him I just needed lids, nothing fancy)

they do small jobs right on side of big 1/4 million dollar fishing boats and make you feel like your job is just as important as those big ones are.

it really shows in their work that they care about customers and the quality of work they do for them.

I would recommend this guy to anyone:

David Terribonne - owner
Wego Aluminum & Steel Fabrication, Inc
73 LOUISIANA ST
WESTWEGO, LA 70094-4161
(504) 340-9349