SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 04-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

To each their own!
Old 04-24-2015, 02:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Most them stockings are just for show to make it look like they are doing something. Those big bass clubs are the squeaky wheel that gets the grease and they put pressure on LDWF to stock them friggin Florida strain bass while we got plenty of native bass. Riding around in their sparkle boats and get mad when I keep a fish to eat. Thats what they are there for - for me to eat and I don't care about the big ones. Them bass shows and bass tourneys are what ruined bass fishing. A man can't keep one without getting yelled at.

If they like Florida bass, they should move to Florida
I tend to agree, especially in waters like the Calcasieu R.

I'd rather see them stocking channel catfish. They have a much better time finding food and thriving in the muddier waters and will produce many more lbs of fillets per lb of food.

But hey, I ain't no elitist. If I catch a green trout, we'll have bass for dinner.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Ling

Ill continue throwing them all back to make myself feel better... If i want to keep fish to eat ill go catch some sacalait or trout...
Old 04-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Ill continue throwing them all back to make myself feel better... If i want to keep fish to eat ill go catch some sacalait or trout...
Why is it ok to keep sacs and trout and not bass?
Old 04-25-2015, 09:54 AM
Ling

Bc i dont fish tourneys for sacs... and trout numbers in bl are fine.. along with them being connected to the gulf of mexico always keeping the waters stocked...
Old 04-25-2015, 09:58 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

There is a reason limits are set. Each man makes his own decisions, but if Wildlife and Fisheries didn't want you keeping a particular species, they would prohibit or limit the take of them. See the paddlefish and sturgeon for examples.

I've never hesitated to keep fish if they were legal. I will on occasion let smaller fish go, but if everyone were to let every bass they caught go, the population would suffer just as much as if you caught too many.

The fishing clubs and tournaments is where the issue arises from. Look at the Lacassine discussion. Special interest groups were the ones that got the place stocked in the first place. Now people want it to be managed for fish.

To each his own. One group should not be allowed to influence the actions of others or management of a particular body of water.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Bc i dont fish tourneys for sacs... and trout numbers in bl are fine.. along with them being connected to the gulf of mexico always keeping the waters stocked...
Bass numbers everywhere are just fine Them rivers are full of bass and they get replenished every time it floods. Bass fishermen shouldn't be making money off tournaments on a public resource. Sparkle boat drivers always wake me too when three drive by and I run my jugs

Fish are for eating
Old 04-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
There is a reason limits are set. Each man makes his own decisions, but if Wildlife and Fisheries didn't want you keeping a particular species, they would prohibit or limit the take of them. See the paddlefish and sturgeon for examples.

I've never hesitated to keep fish if they were legal. I will on occasion let smaller fish go, but if everyone were to let every bass they caught go, the population would suffer just as much as if you caught too many.

The fishing clubs and tournaments is where the issue arises from. Look at the Lacassine discussion. Special interest groups were the ones that got the place stocked in the first place. Now people want it to be managed for fish.

To each his own. One group should not be allowed to influence the actions of others or management of a particular body of water.
Yep. Just like them trophy buck folks. They want to force all these rules on me and look down on me when I kill a legal buck. Deer are to eat. Antlers ain't. Most them deer they kill ain't real big anywaya
Old 04-25-2015, 10:17 AM
Ling

I dont have a sparkle boat.... and i like tourney fishing.... suck it up buttercup
Old 04-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Ling

FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Bass numbers everywhere are just fine Them rivers are full of bass and they get replenished every time it floods. Bass fishermen shouldn't be making money off tournaments on a public resource. Sparkle boat drivers always wake me too when three drive by and I run my jugs

Fish are for eating
So you think Guides shouldnt be making money off of a public resource either?
Old 04-25-2015, 10:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
I dont have a sparkle boat.... and i like tourney fishing.... suck it up buttercup
That's cool but don't be throwing shade on me by trying to get all these silly slot limits on a fish I like to eat. I shouldn't have to carry a ten page rule book to see if I can keep a fish in a certain body of water. If yall want to catch big bass go to Florida where Florida bass are native and leave our native bass here alone. Don't need any Florida anything over in our waters.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:28 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I've always thought that it was ironic that you can guide fishing trips on a public lake, but you can't guide hunting trips on a WMA or NWR.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Ling

Well we need florida bass in our waters.... always have had them... always will have them... The river doesnt need a slot limit....never said that
Old 04-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Nope. I can't guide duck hunts on Fausse Pointe so I don't see why they can guide fish on the same body of public water. Double standard
Old 04-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Ling

Its also ironic that you need a captains license to be a fishing guide.. but you dont need one to be a duck hunting guide...
Old 04-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Well we need florida bass in our waters.... always have had them... always will have them... The river doesnt need a slot limit....never said that
We ain't always had Florida bass. They got here when bass fishing turned into big business everybody wanted to catch a big bass and they stocked them. then folks started getting mad when I kept bass to eat

sacaulait fishing is next. All these people with 14 poles hanging off front of their boat. That ain't fiahing
Old 04-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Its also ironic that you need a captains license to be a fishing guide.. but you dont need one to be a duck hunting guide...
I know a dude goes to high school with my daughter who is a duck guide

Boy couldn't tell a scaup from a ringneck when he hunted with me
Old 04-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Ling

well to me... yoyos, jugs, limblines.... that **** aint fishing either... just makes the rivers and lakes look trashy... bc most ppl dont pick their stuff up... every damn tree on the river has a limb line in it.. .thats been there for years...
Old 04-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
well to me... yoyos, jugs, limblines.... that **** aint fishing either... just makes the rivers and lakes look trashy... bc most ppl dont pick their stuff up... every damn tree on the river has a limb line in it.. .thats been there for years...
You right. I pick all mine up but I am in the minority. Catfish and gou aren't gamefish so we don't have to use only rod and reel for them
Old 04-25-2015, 10:41 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Always have had them? Why are they called Florida strain then?

There is the Northern strain and Florida strain. Why not Northern and Southern if they are native here? Why do Florida strain have to be stocked if they have always been here?