SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-20-2016, 09:10 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 9-19-16 Redfish still thick.

Got to the fishing hole just before sunrise. Very first cast was 20" redfish. Fished for a couple hours at that same spot catching and releasing 20 redfish and handful of trout. I bet I have pulled 150 reds out of this hole alone this year. Released the fish so no pics although I did get a very shaky video but it keeps telling me invalid file. Turners Bay again with live pogies. Payday this week and topping boat off with fuel. Hopefully trout will be in Turners but I will run south again. Its been a fun year of fishing and most of my trips especially last couple months have been right there in Turners so not burning any gas at all. Heck I've been at least 8 times on this tank of gas and one of those trips I struck out down south past pilots station or south of Ferry. I had released my 5 reds before 730 and by 9 was plum wore out so called it a day. Used a PTO day today to get other stuff done but managed a quick trip in too. Lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1474422619920.jpg (20.9 KB, 383 views)
Old 09-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 729

Thx for the fishing report, good to know the reds are out there "somewhere". Lol. Last couple of trips have been slim pickings for me.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:59 PM
Tripletail

Just have to be in the right spot when tide starts. I like to be in one of my favorite holes at the beginning of either outgoing or incoming tides. Most of the time I will wait for it before leaving a spot if I know or think fish are there. If tide are big and strong like around the fullmoon I like to fish certain spots at the end of a tide. One thing is for sure! No tide usually means no fish for me. Fishing as much as I have been lately I don't run around near as much. This us mostly just to save fuel but having the Patience to wait for this tide to start or switch has been paying off big time. Example this am when I got there tide was going out of turners and I caught fish all the way up til it stopped. I think I caught one trout during slack tide which wasn't long and as soon as it switched coming in I started catching fish again one after another. All year I've watched boats come and go rather quickly while I'm catching fish. I will say the biggeset difference I noitice on the boats that come and go don't have live bait or they come in with live shrimp and catch a few Dink's and leave. I waived a guide boat in this am and he got just close enough to see what I was catching and trolled back out to the birds. I guess they were after trout and not reds. Reds and trout have been mixed for me. Only ea few trout today though.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:06 PM
Tripletail

9-20-16 not 9-19-16
Old 09-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 729

Pogies do better than the shrimp? I'm still learning.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:08 AM
Tripletail

I think they catch better quality fish. With that said my lifetime largest trout of 7 3/4 pounds came off a live shrimp. I will take them or mullet over live shrimp any day. live shrimp catch a lot of fish too