SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003
Default Homeowner's Ins????????

So Geico gave me a much better quote than State Farm, which is who carries my auto ins. Anyone use Geico?? Any good, bad experiences with them?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Have no experience w/geico . But do have lots of experience w/ insurance companys.
Biggest thing is READ the ENTIRE policy! Make sure it says in writing what is and is not covered. Make sure it says in writing what the deductible is for different scenarios.
Make sure that it does not exclude anything you need to have covered. Make sure to see in writing any exclusions or limitations in coverage. If you have above average in
guns , jewelry , fishing gear ,coins etc they may require a rider to be covered as most policys limit the monetary amount that they will pay on certain items.
i have a full replacement value policy thru allstate and yes it cost more but if my 52 y.o. house burns down i will get enough to rebuild the same house at todays cost.
Same w/ contents , i have a set payment for contents in case of total loss and i have had to increase it over the years . but the increased cost was just a couple bucks a month.
Just remember that no matter who you insure with , some companys will drop you after 2 claims. some maybe even 1 claim.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Whatever u do don't get allstate!!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Have no experience w/geico . But do have lots of experience w/ insurance companys.
Biggest thing is READ the ENTIRE policy! Make sure it says in writing what is and is not covered. Make sure it says in writing what the deductible is for different scenarios.
Make sure that it does not exclude anything you need to have covered. Make sure to see in writing any exclusions or limitations in coverage. If you have above average in
guns , jewelry , fishing gear ,coins etc they may require a rider to be covered as most policys limit the monetary amount that they will pay on certain items.
i have a full replacement value policy thru allstate and yes it cost more but if my 52 y.o. house burns down i will get enough to rebuild the same house at todays cost.
Same w/ contents , i have a set payment for contents in case of total loss and i have had to increase it over the years . but the increased cost was just a couple bucks a month.
Just remember that no matter who you insure with , some companys will drop you after 2 claims. some maybe even 1 claim.
For sure I am shopping full replacement!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Whatever u do don't get allstate!!
I am not even getting a quote from them!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Swordfish

Do a little on line search . geico is an acting agent for travlers insurance. There are pages and pages of complaints against geico for non payment and unannounced rate increases. If it was me i'd run from geico.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Do a little on line search . geico is an acting agent for travlers insurance. There are pages and pages of complaints against geico for non payment and unannounced rate increases. If it was me i'd run from geico.
Dangit!!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Dangit!!
Now you know why the rates are so good
Whoever you get quotes from just google their name/ homeowners insurance complaints.
also check w/ the BBB. and the state insurance comission.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
So Geico gave me a much better quote than State Farm, which is who carries my auto ins. Anyone use Geico?? Any good, bad experiences with them?
Berkshire Hathaway company owned by Warren Buffett of the Obama/Buffett Rule for millionaires and billionaires. If you want to deal with someone over the phone or internet it might be a great deal. They can be cheaper since they don't pay a licensed agent. Remember, GEICO is captive and can't market to other companies should you have an unexpected increase next year like an independent agent can. They also have not been in business long enough to have many losses on the books or request rating increases due to losses. Ya pays ya money and takes ya chances but my politics would never let me do business with them.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 659

You should call Ross Byrley. He is local, he is a fisherman, and it's a family business. They have a good repuation in Lake Charles. 337-478-8349. I think its always good to have a young hardworking agent explain your policy to you and make sure you have the right coverage. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,322

Well, Raymond won't say it so I will. Call him at Lyons Ins in LC and get a quote from him. Don't think you will be sorry
Old 06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Well, Raymond won't say it so I will. Call him at Lyons Ins in LC and get a quote from him. Don't think you will be sorry
Ahhh ok. I will give him a call tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Safeco
Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
Default Insurance

In February I switched everything to Safeco from State Farm. Insurance Unlimited out of Lake Charles. Saved some money. Haven't had to deal with a claim though.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Safeco/America First are top notch with claims and service. I have some companies that may be cheaper but not nearly as good IMO.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Safeco/America First are top notch with claims and service. I have some companies that may be cheaper but not nearly as good IMO.
Any time I've wrecked my truck safeco has called me just to check n see if I'm ok 3-5 times! They are great. With Gustav I lost every tree in my yard fences ect... They were there right away to cut me a check. And WAYYYY less expensive that state farm and NO. Hurricane deductible