SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 786
Default What's the word

Ok curious if y'all killing any ducks in Sabine or lacassine and don't lie lol. Nobody post anything on it so come on and tell us.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

I know a few that hunt Lacassine. They telling me it's very slow.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 749

Very little water in lacassine overgrown pot holes in marsh are few and far between and thick with hunters

Sabine is a hit or miss place I think, once again tons of people

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Redfish

I'm thinking Sabine must be in fire cause no one is talking about it. Heck 250 views and only two comments. That tells me something. Lol
Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Redfish

Lmao ok 350 people have seen this and no post on ducks in Sabine. Got to be on fire lol
Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

I have not seen Sabine this crowded in 15 years! Kids with beards and face paint everywhere. First split was decent second split is really slow, crowds haven't let up at all though. I hear GW were right of trappers shack writing tickets for running in the marsh and doing full cavity searches at the launch
Old 12-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Trophy Trout

If you post that you killed a duck in Sabine ,the parking lot will go from 200 trucks to 500 overnight. Lol, almost makes leasing a $3000/yr no duck killing blind worth it
Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
I have not seen Sabine this crowded in 15 years! Kids with beards and face paint everywhere.
2013 quote of the year
Old 12-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

The one day I went I didn't see ****. Of course there weren't many hunters either
Old 12-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Redfish

This is starting to get good. I've had gw check me and was like a cavity search but you have to know that hunting in a reserve. Come on I need more info. This is like the Dallas and eagles game. Lol everyone hates Dallas but wants to know if they can win with a back up QB.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Speakin of facepainted kids, Saturday morning there were 4 bearded facepainted kids that were bragging about having not been to bed yet and still drinkin from the night before. There was an old man and his grown son launching their boat, the old man was having trouble backin the trailer in. Well these wild animals start hollering at the old man to "Get the **** outta way" and "Is this your first ****in time here?". Just absolutely ridiculous. As far as the ducks, we hunted Saturday and shot 3 birds, but there was no water so we couldn't get to our normal spot.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Speakin of facepainted kids, Saturday morning there were 4 bearded facepainted kids that were bragging about having not been to bed yet and still drinkin from the night before. There was an old man and his grown son launching their boat, the old man was having trouble backin the trailer in. Well these wild animals start hollering at the old man to "Get the **** outta way" and "Is this your first ****in time here?". Just absolutely ridiculous. As far as the ducks, we hunted Saturday and shot 3 birds, but there was no water so we couldn't get to our normal spot.

Time to pass out *** whooping or ventilation holes
Old 12-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Redfish

Gotta love smart a-- kids thinking they own everything.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Trophy Trout

I heard they had a band of beards launch a boat at Sabine the other day without the plug.... They got it back on trailer just before it sank, pulled up to drain it and all whipped out their compacts and were putting thier makeup on together. A pic would have been priceless
Old 12-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Lacassine i heard ain't killing sqwat, but i heard they were killing a few in sabine.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Time to pass out *** whooping or ventilation holes
I would've told em something if I would've known what was goin on. I heard him say "Get the **** outta the way" but I thought they were talkin to one of their buddies. My good friend that was in front of them heard the rest and told me they were hollering at the old man. That is just ridiculous. I'm not sayin I woulda passed out *** whippings but I would've told em to stop hollering like a bunch of wild animals, and to learn some respect.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Ain't touched Sabine this year. It's now the place for every highschool kid who thinks they can hunt to go out and try to be the next duck commander.
However, I did get a decent report from last week. But the guy who did give it, hunts Sabine every week no matter what, and probably has seen more of that marsh than the GWs there have.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

I have a buddy that is killing at Sabine. I went with him once this year and was amazed at how max effort it has become out there. When I used to hunt Sabine seriously we could expect to paddle a (1-1.25) to the back. But hey, we would be the only people back there. Now there are many many people getting way way to the back (1.5 miles). It is just going to get worse and worse.

Technology is both good and bad. I wish the Chinese would zap us with the EMP opening day of duck season. I miss the days where you would mark your paths by Landmarks and people couldn't follow because they would get lost...
Old 01-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
I have not seen Sabine this crowded in 15 years! Kids with beards and face paint everywhere. First split was decent second split is really slow, crowds haven't let up at all though. I hear GW were right of trappers shack writing tickets for running in the marsh and doing full cavity searches at the launch
I see the same at the WAX.. I've never had a seasoned experienced hunter in any blind I've brushed up..

It's always some young kids who's daddy is rich, camping down in the camp ground or houseboat. They driving a surface drive, and they have the gald to not go find or build their own blind..