SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
well i am switchin to verizon next month but wonder if i can trade this in and get the verizon phone like it for same deal
lol...funny, sprint is offering the same thing but the other way!!!l..lol
Sprint offers $175 credit to switch carriers - SprintUsers.com

if it's coverage you're wanting, because i doubt its the high phone bill, theres a hack you can do to make your evo use VERIZON towers. Sprint/Verizon already has the agreements so you probably bounce on their tower now, and not know it. With the hack, it makes your phone prefer Verizon, and if Sprint's signal is stronger, it chooses Sprint. In houma, Sprint 3g is -hit or miss..Verizon is pretty damn fast ...check the scores...i did the hack to my evo..

sprint Towers on EVO

Verizon Towers on Evo....

both identical phone, same spot, everything.....
Old 06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

i have the htc inspire and i can't complain about it at all. Just as quick as an iphone. The iphone 4s screen is brighter though.

My favorite thing about the droids is that you don't need itunes or any fancy program to put songs on/off. Just open up the phone and drag whatever music/pics/videos right onto it
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
My favorite thing about the droids is that you don't need itunes or any fancy program to put songs on/off. Just open up the phone and drag whatever music/pics/videos right onto it
x2, I don't have any songs on mine but I take alot of pics with it of my lil boy so it's nice to just be able to mount the phone to my computer as a hard drive and pull the pics off.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I like my Droid phone, but I am not liking Sprint. I went to Sprint after Rita to get better reception in lower Cameron Parish.
For some reason, their phone service started going down the tubes this past winter.
When I use the phone, it sometimes sounds like the person I am talking to is in a tin
can and it cuts out real bad. They said they don't see problems on their end, but my
dad, wife and sisters all have Sprint and have the same issue. So does some friends
who work not far from my house.
If they don't fix it soon, I am leaving Sprint.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I like my Droid phone, but I am not liking Sprint. I went to Sprint after Rita to get better reception in lower Cameron Parish.
For some reason, their phone service started going down the tubes this past winter.
When I use the phone, it sometimes sounds like the person I am talking to is in a tin
can and it cuts out real bad. They said they don't see problems on their end, but my
dad, wife and sisters all have Sprint and have the same issue. So does some friends
Ray, everyone I know with sprint is having the some problems. I have to call a person several times for the reception to be decent.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,496

Quote:
Same issue in the Bluff. It started when they started to bring 3G to the area. Not Good!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Same issue in the Bluff. It started when they started to bring 3G to the area. Not Good!!!
I thought you were going fishing in the morning? Why you still up?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Boy View Post
I thought you were going fishing in the morning? Why you still up?
To excited!!!

Just seeing what I missed while on the road today.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
To excited!!!

Just seeing what I missed while on the road today.
I'm the same way...finally get to sleep at 1:30 to be up at 5.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
I'm the same way...finally get to sleep at 1:30 to be up at 5.
up at 4 here
Old 06-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

I've been with Verizon for two or three years. Love the service, very dependable with few dropped calls. I've been having a motorola droid almost a year, it's been rooted within a week of me getting it. Android have pros, but my next phone will be the iphone. My wife has the iphone 4 and it is head and shoulders above my phone in smoothness and consistency. The apps that are available on both platforms are generally better on the iphone. Itunes is a pain. Motorola has better reception than the iphone. Yes there are more things the android phones can do and they can view flash websites, but the consistency and smoothness of the iphone along with the excellent battery life are swinging me to apple. Another plus of the iphone is the Apple customer service. My wife dropped her phone in the washing machine last weekend. We ended up taking it to the Apple store in Baton Rouge after leaving it in a bag of rice for two days. We told them what happened and they replaced the phone for no charge. Needless to say I was pleased.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

I called a bunch of times to Sprint about the issue with the scratchy and echoing phone calls and they told me they know they know they have a problem and are trying to fix it but dont know whats wrong or how to fix it. I just renewed my contract in January and it has gotten so bad that the last time I called the lady told me that it was not known how much longer it would be before the problem would get fixed but that I can get out of my new contract at no cost. My mom has Verizon and loves it but is moving out of the country for a job and I am gonna take her contract till January 2012 and if I don't like it i will do something else but this seems like a good deal for me.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

If it ain't fixed by the time our contract is up with Sprint, we going somewhere else.
I think all the other companies towers are working down in the parish now anyway.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
If it ain't fixed by the time our contract is up with Sprint, we going somewhere else.
I think all the other companies towers are working down in the parish now anyway.
Update you prl. And pri and you mayneed to update radios also...if you're on everything plan..turn on roaming..its free
Old 06-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
just call and complain abunch they will finnaly let you out, i did hear verizon has gotten better in camron area.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Tripletail

I have the HTC evo (android) and have it tweaked so service and usuability is unlike no other phone/service. I can honestly say this is the longest I ever had the same one phone for over a year...and although. I don't mind upgrading, I don't really see the need to, as of now. And that's something serious to say if you're a techy...for a dude in colloege...its the ultimate tool. Just for my major(electrician) there's countless apps related to electrician work and apps that help in my other classes.3g at home is faster ,at tomes, than my home DSL. I can do anything and everything on my phone that I can do on my laptop. Everything except burn CDs....but I can turn my computer on to burn a CD without touching the computer.....

Also..k have no use for my data cable now...only use to charge it
Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
I have the HTC evo (android) and have it tweaked so service and usuability is unlike no other phone/service. I can honestly say this is the longest I ever had the same one phone for over a year...and although. I don't mind upgrading, I don't really see the need to, as of now. And that's something serious to say if you're a techy...for a dude in colloege...its the ultimate tool. Just for my major(electrician) there's countless apps related to electrician work and apps that help in my other classes.3g at home is faster ,at tomes, than my home DSL. I can do anything and everything on my phone that I can do on my laptop. Everything except burn CDs....but I can turn my computer on to burn a CD without touching the computer.....

Also..k have no use for my data cable now...only use to charge it
You have the ElectroDroid app? I downloaded it a few weeks back, it's pretty cool. It gives you all kinds of calculators for resistors, batteries, voltage, Ohm's Law and pin out diagrams for a bunch of cables which is what I mostly use it for being a computer tech.
I also use AndFTP, 2X Client, AndroWin, Dropbox and The Total Equipment Protection Plan app daily. I really like the TEP app because I have it set to back up all of my contacts every morning at 2 AM that way if ever I lose my phone all I have to do is download the app onto the new phone, sign in and it will download all of my contacts back onto the phone for me.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
You have the ElectroDroid app? I downloaded it a few weeks back, it's pretty cool. It gives you all kinds of calculators for resistors, batteries, voltage, Ohm's Law and pin out diagrams for a bunch of cables which is what I mostly use it for being a computer tech.
I also use AndFTP, 2X Client, AndroWin, Dropbox and The Total Equipment Protection Plan app daily. I really like the TEP app because I have it set to back up all of my contacts every morning at 2 AM that way if ever I lose my phone all I have to do is download the app onto the new phone, sign in and it will download all of my contacts back onto the phone for me.
I saw the ohms law and resistor chart one. Going try the electodroid. Also doesn't gmail automatically back up contacts,email,and such? Astro is my favorite all around file manager and dropbox is the bomb diggity.also hacked the prl to run Verizon and unlocked the native hoptspot function.

Use jefit in the gymand 2 or 3 other internet radio

Runtasric to time, map,and keep run stats

Also sign up for Google music. Its still beta but it will elimnate the need for mp3s in your SD....cloud servers rock

Use NAVIONICS and marine weather on the boat.

Did I mention make most of my posts and pics/videos on saltycajun via phone

Navigation is spot on

Unlimited everything for 79 plus tax
Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
Also doesn't gmail automatically back up contacts,email,and such?
Yea but I can't stand gmail so I use it as little as possible.