SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
You tell me once where i have blamed others if i had a bad day also i dont post a report every single time i put a bait in the water stuff has been busy for me, but if that what you want to see so you know im on a consistent bite well call me every afternoon around 4:00 and ill let you know whats going on.
As for your adaptation theory, i know exactly what you mean and i do what is necessary to show my sports a good time and put them on fish. I have had one complaint, and thats because they were ready to go in at 10am and we only had 40 trout and some reds they wanted a limit by 8 and on the road for 10 sorry sometimes its a little tougher than normal out there.
Im not the one who started this thread so calling me out sayin i ***** and moan about everything is absurd and you know it! Do i agree with waltrip yes the reef stays getting run over, there are pilgrims running rampid everywhere but there is always the next spot to hit and gladly we have an estuary that produces that for us.
Kade, I never "signaled" you out. I never even insinuated you were one of the whinin' ones. I never even mentioned guides, either. You brought that up. And, for the record, I disagree that guides, in general, are arrogant. As far as the reef in question.....did they put it there yesterday? If not...I'm sure Waltrip is not the first to be concerned about it. Hey, man.....you adjust and go with the flow.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

I'm on this site basically 24/7. The guides who post on here have never come off as arrogant. In fact, Shaw, Jared, and Trey have given up more info than we office fisherman probably deserve. I'm not saying there are no azzhole guides on the lake, because obviously that's a lie, but these three have gone out of there way to help. My .02
Old 07-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
I felt differently, and per haps jumped the gun and got a little defensive.
My apologies
No worries.

The point to my initial post was that there are inconsiderate and, yes, even unknowledgeable fishermen on every estuary. The reason, however, that it appears to be worse over there is because it's the only local body of water and it's just too damn small to handle today's pressure. It's not that there is more pressure on Big Lake than anywhere else, or, that there are more of the aforementioned fishermen. It's because there isn't enough room. You have to admit that there are alot of people who fish over there that constantly complain about the goings-on. The simple solution is to just relocate.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Great White

Maybe the state should consider making Big Lake one of those "management"-type deals like they do for wildlife and let the pressure be governed by lottery drawings. Figure out what is a sustainable amount of boats to allow for everyone to stay out of the other's way, and, let 'er rip. Your name will be submitted once per week and the decided number of names will be pulled weekly. I guess guides would have to be exempt.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

The guides that give big lake bad names r those big groups that run lotta boats ain't naming names it's bc they have 2to 4 guides that can fish and the rest of fleet follows cell phones and the whole fleet sits on a reef and think they own it.. The good guides u rarely see and if people where I wanna fish I go elsewhere bc I don't want someone seeing my holes on a reef every reef has a particular spot that's good don't wanna dhow that to every1. But as far as u marsh runner I think ur the one that's arrogant but lemme guess ur one of them computer heros
Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Flounder

Cash: 551

more drama on saltycajun than on Facebook and always the same people involved..
Old 07-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Bottom line is people who don't know need to know

Don't run over reefs If you don't have too....go around ..

And the guy who said you still catch on Comm pt..

1st off the sweet spots of com pt are rarely ran over by boats,,,,,
Old 07-07-2012, 09:04 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
Here we go. Their office.... that water belongs to the sports just as much as the guides. If you pay attention, the guides are the rudest most arogent people on the water. They believe because that's their living, the water belongs to them and they have very little consideration for us out there fishing for fun! I have been swamped, crowded and pushed out of a spot by guides too many times to count. If you can't share the water and show coutousy out there, maybe you should think about a career change. I hope the sports these guides take out don't think that's how we are supposed to act on the water.
Exactly how does a guide push u out of a spot? Did he hook a tow strap to u? If ur catching fish ur on anchor... But lemme guess ur one of those morons that catch 2 and keep drifting and pass up a limit of trout bc u drifted over the top of em r u stay on ur troll motor all day long spooking em
Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Exactly how does a guide push u out of a spot? Did he hook a tow strap to u? If ur catching fish ur on anchor... But lemme guess ur one of those morons that catch 2 and keep drifting and pass up a limit of trout bc u drifted over the top of em r u stay on ur troll motor all day long spooking em
Bingo....

How many who fished today caught a limit???

I dropped my boat at 745pm this afternoon and limited out @805pm all on topwater
No boats trolling wide open ...slamming things in boat , trolling up wind
Attached Images
File Type: jpg District%203-20120707-00354.jpg (80.0 KB, 325 views)
Old 07-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 975

And the trophy goes to the lepricon with the crapy live well!!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA COVE View Post
And the trophy goes to the lepricon with the crapy live well!!!!
Hard for trout to live when you catch them on topwater and rip gills out
Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

And I think I forgot to but my recirculation pump on for the 1st 5 trout or so
Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 975

Yea, i understand that.. i just like harass' n the bashers that can'tt take the bash'n!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
Here we go. Their office.... that water belongs to the sports just as much as the guides. If you pay attention, the guides are the rudest most arogent people on the water. They believe because that's their living, the water belongs to them and they have very little consideration for us out there fishing for fun! I have been swamped, crowded and pushed out of a spot by guides too many times to count. If you can't share the water and show coutousy out there, maybe you should think about a career change. I hope the sports these guides take out don't think that's how we are supposed to act on the water.

X2, about a month ago I had a guide troll in on me at long point and set his PP down not even 50 yards from me. I am sure if it was the other way around he would of did the famous big like gesture "throw his arms up in the air" F the guides.....If you have an issue get another job. For example, if I had issues in my profession I would find something else! I love their line "I am trying to make a living" FYI, it is not YOUR LAKE..... However, not all guides cry like some do.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 PM
King Mackeral

F the guides? 10k says ud never say it to my face!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
For me no....but for the 75 boats that don't know....yes

I would be mad if I was on fish and get there at 530am to have 50 boats run all over me ...

Bottom line its in a horrible location and everyone who fishes the lake daily agrees
W, I would think if you are anchored out in an open area that they "office fisherman" would run a few hundred yard around you. Now if you are on anchor in the a spot that you have to take to cross thru the ship channel to get to west cove for example, well that is just tough luck...
Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Great White

Quote:
F the guides? 10k says ud never say it to my face!
First off you missed my point, some guides pull up on people fishing.....and in their eyes (some of the guides) that is fine. However, if you do that to them well they complain and whine....that is all I am saying. In the end, guides have no more of a right to the lake as office fisherman. However, if you are a guide well good for you but you do not have any more right to a spot than the job blow office fisherman.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Great White

Quote:
The guides that give big lake bad names r those big groups that run lotta boats ain't naming names it's bc they have 2to 4 guides that can fish and the rest of fleet follows cell phones and the whole fleet sits on a reef and think they own it.. The good guides u rarely see and if people where I wanna fish I go elsewhere bc I don't want someone seeing my holes on a reef every reef has a particular spot that's good don't wanna dhow that to every1. But as far as u marsh runner I think ur the one that's arrogant but lemme guess ur one of them computer heros
So who are these guide services???? I plan on taking some clients to big lake and I want to make sure I do not get screwed..
Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 PM
King Mackeral

So do big lake regulars big deal. But stereotyping guides is bs. If he's as close as u say then he can hear u just tell tell em hey ur getting a lil close and I'm sure 99.9percent will back up. I have never seen one guide that has ever got that close to me. Now I've seen em waiting back lil ways and if they thick enough and there in a position to ease in and not spook I'll wave em in. But yet I've had non guides try to come in. I keep topwater tied on at all times just to protect my area I can throw over 50 yds 360 degrees to protect my spot trust me if u cast at sum1 boat they ain't comin closer. 50 yds should be good enough. Not to spook as long as they don't use big motor
Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
X2, about a month ago I had a guide troll in on me at long point and set his PP down not even 50 yards from me. I am sure if it was the other way around he would of did the famous big like gesture "throw his arms up in the air" F the guides.....If you have an issue get another job. For example, if I had issues in my profession I would find something else! I love their line "I am trying to make a living" FYI, it is not YOUR LAKE..... However, not all guides cry like some do.
Dude I watch you blow out group after group of birds last year ... I caught about 15-18 trout per group ....yall would blow out every group to catch 1-3 trout (and I saw you do it)

So your not even a good fisherman to even start telling people how to fish