SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Redfish

Cash: 969
Default Grand Isle Report!!

I can't upload the pictures yet. I'm still down on the island. The day started slowly, but picked up when dad caught a 3 1/2 foot bull shark. About an hour later I hooked into a bull shark that went close to five feet! I'm only going by the locals on the bridge, who said they were bulls. I was clueless. After not getting a bite toward Elmer's Island, we went back to the fishing bridge and caught 3 nice sheepshead. One weighed in at six pounds!! We also caught two gaff tops that went better than five pounds. I lost a couple of beasts. One bit through my leader, and the other broke my line as I tried to fight two fish because my dad was talking to someone. By the time he came back, it was too late! It doesn't take much for me to have fun, but today was an absolute, silly blast. And the cool thing is, I didn't even land the bull I was looking for. Thanks for all the tips, and I'll post some pics when I can!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Glad you had a good time.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fisherman View Post
I can't upload the pictures yet. I'm still down on the island. The day started slowly, but picked up when dad caught a 3 1/2 foot bull shark. About an hour later I hooked into a bull shark that went close to five feet! I'm only going by the locals on the bridge, who said they were bulls. I was clueless. After not getting a bite toward Elmer's Island, we went back to the fishing bridge and caught 3 nice sheepshead. One weighed in at six pounds!! We also caught two gaff tops that went better than five pounds. I lost a couple of beasts. One bit through my leader, and the other broke my line as I tried to fight two fish because my dad was talking to someone. By the time he came back, it was too late! It doesn't take much for me to have fun, but today was an absolute, silly blast. And the cool thing is, I didn't even land the bull I was looking for. Thanks for all the tips, and I'll post some pics when I can!
I'd love to get one of my children hooked up with a bull shark. What were y'all using for bait?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Redfish

An incredibly nice guy next to us had some finger mullet he'd caught in a cast net. They were dying and he didn't want them to go to waste. Much better than the frozen stuff we were using. I was thrilled to get my dad hooked into one. Didn't mind getting one myself!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Glad y'all are having a good time. Da Island is definitely a fun place to be.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Redfish

Here are some pics.....

The sheepshead in back actually weighed six pounds.

And the shark had this parasitic looking thing attached to it. I'm sure it's common, but I had no clue what it was.

Again, thanks for all the tips. Wish I lived a little closer to the coast! Hopefully these pics will upload.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Redfish

Hmmm. Lets try this one again.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Redfish

And the parasite. I've got it now!