SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Good start but storms drove us in

There was a chance of showers in the forecast. Not a problem. A little rain is no big thing. I did decide to stay close. Our first 2 spots produced not even a sniff. At one place the water was dirty and the other place looked good. Nothing happening. I made a move to our third place and we get a good one on the first cast.

This guy was a tough fighter and destroyed a Vu Du shrimp.

We picked up a few rats there but nothing to keep me interested. I went around the corner and the bite was on.

They all had fun getting these and a bunch of rat reds.

We had 7 in the box before the bite slowed to almost nothing. I made a move to the back. A few places only found us one 32 incher that they decided to put back.

This was a trip for one of them getting married the 31st of this month. They brought the shotgun.

Oops! wrong type of shotgun. We went back to where we caught some earlier and managed another redfish for the box, a few rats, and 2 flounder.

We caught a puppy drum for the box and then the winds picked up.

Looking around I could see a massive storm getting ready to dump on us. I called it and we headed in. Running through the bay I noticed a boat sitting in there As I slowed down he motioned me to come over His GPS system went down and he did not know the way in. He asked me if I was going in and I said you bet your A$$. He followed me in so I had to slow down a bit to be sure he made it through the passes. Once we were in the river at the jump we were on our own. The winds and waves and lightning was wild. Visibility went down to about 150 feet and as I was running I could hear the wind which sounded like a tornado or waterspout. By this time I made it across the river and hugged the bank till I turned into Cypress Cove. This was water running across the launch road after the storm.

We were glad to be in at noon although 100% soaked.

Ended up with 8 reds, 2 flounder, and 1 drum in the box. Another dozen or so rats and 1 over that went back.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 05-11-2014, 08:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

great report. glad ya'll made it to shore safely