SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 600

I think when we start restricting the type of baits used in everyday recreational fishing that would open up a whole other can of worms (no pun intended). If you say "no live bait" what's next? Only 10lb test or less, no hooks smaller than 4/0, rods have to be medium or stiffer? Technology is what seperates man from beast and I think that we should be able to use any SPORTING technology out there to put a limit in if we want. Think about all the advancements that have been made in the last 50 years or even the last decade...from baits to rods & reels, SONAR, GPS, etc... I was out of the game for about 8 years and a lot of my stuff was antique, and a lot was just as good now as then. I think it is a matter of your personal ideas of what is sportsman like or not.
Personally, I prefer to use artificial because it is more of a challenge but at times I use live bait, but only if I caught it myself.

To each his own.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
cmdrost..W signed me up for CCA at the banquet and said i was suppose to get my info in the mail, i haven't received mine yet, are they just running slow or what?

sorry for hijacking the thread just needed to ask a quick question...

They usually take a LONG time. I signed up after the banquet and got my stuff the other day. I was really surprised. Used to get my stuff more toward end of summer.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Hunting Fool: it may take up to 4 weeks to get your stuff in the mail. It has gotten better over the last few months, but it still takes them awhile!

Drost- Say what you want, we will just have to continue to agree to disagree. The biologist of this state work with hand cuffs on. They are being dictated around by the LDWF Commission and those idiots don't know crap, but they do know politics. Look at the current commission, does any of them know what in the world they are talking about? I doubt it...... I think our resorces are in bad shape looking into the future because of changes we will make over the next 10 years. I hope I am very wrong!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

"The biologist of this state work with hand cuffs on."

I agree with this 100%. I wish they could get the funding and resources they need to more completely do their job. They get no money from the state govt, which is very sad.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

fool....I sent you a PM, but figured I'd say same thing Finfeather said.

LA has to send everything to national office in Houston, TX. Process time takes a while.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,556

Fool, just recieved my packet on Monday...I had signed up at the banquet too.

What are the benefits of being on the board of LDWF?? How does politics play a role in benifiting the sportsman??
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned

Headknocker

Wow, this thread was hijacked BAD!!!! I even got sucked in.....
Old 06-10-2009, 05:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

man...y cant we just leave it all as is..its going smooth now..and as repeated over history when u change things it brings downfalls and problems before comes good...if u changed the limit to 10 fish i personally know prolly 1000 fisherman that wouldnt spend time or money to go after these fish..less fish=less fisherman=less conservationist=dying of the sport...wouldnt mind the 14 inch limit..and i think 15 fish limits for places like Big Lake Or Lake P or maybe even places like Lafite and Dulac Were trout are fewer in numbers and smaller is ok too...but if u were to try to tell a Breton Sound Fisherman he can only catch 10 fish that would create madness...BSM is one of the richest trout sactuarys in the country and to catch these fish during the summer requires a 20+ mile run...we may need to pinpoint and target smaller fisheries in our state and set limits and sizes for certain ones but not all of them...just a thought dont wanna cause no arguing or anything like that..
Old 06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Let me start out by saying I do not fish with live bait. I don't like to buy it and try to keep it alive. I don't need lots of specks, I fill my freezer with flounder and catch them on artificial as well. Now for my opinion. I disagree with yours. I do not understand why you would want to start that war between fishermen? It sounds like you are being selfish and want what YOU think is best for big lake or what's best for your situation. Not only that, you have no basis or research for such a claim that it will better the fishery and is best for the resource. United we can conquer, divided we fall and you seek to drive a wedge into the fishing community!

Now, as far as speck tournys go, I wouldn't mind seeing them be artificial only.

Now you understand why we don't let him run this site.