SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Short trip

I had the same guys again today but they had to be back in early so they could make the long 12 hour drive home and function tomorrow. I was ready at 6:30 but they had to have a bite to eat for breakfast. By the time we got underway I figured everybody would have caught all the fish. When I got to the first place the water was muddy as heck. I air even smelled of the mud. I never even stopped there. I told the other boat I was going to another area 5 miles away.

Once there I found 2 boats that had been there for a while. The boat behind me in the picture had 5 in the box and 1 throw back. The other boat had 2 in the box. Another slow day. As luck would have it we picked up our first in about 5 minutes.

Another 10 minutes and a second fish is posing for a picture.

Finally the fish are being nice. Not much time to fish today. Unfortunately that was to be our last bite there. The other 2 boats also experienced fish lock jaw and left the area. We bounced around and even went into another pond. Nothing looked good so having only a little more time to fish I went back into the pond where I found 2 fish. We found some small sheepshead. I went into a back corner and found some clean water. Just before the time was up for fishing we get something to bite but it keeps getting away. Must be small. One time the bite is legit and the rod is bending as it should. This gives us our 3rd redfish.

One of the other boats that was with us earlier came back. He still only had 2 fish. Soon after We box our 3rd one he hooks up and catches up to me. 2 minutes later he has 4. Looked like the bite was starting up. Unfortunately we had to leave. I also could see the storms in the distance so I was ready to head in. Our second boat had been targeting big Bull redfish all morning but only was able to find a few trout for his day. The trout bite was light and they were only able to land 4 out of several short strikes.

We were headed in just before noon. A short day and we just beat the storms in. They were forecasted to hit between noon and 3:00 and last through late in the evening. This time the weather man was right. Wind gusts in the area over 50 mph. Home safe looking forward to the next trip.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM