SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperry View Post
Seems like most people have center consoles. I have a Triton FS 188. What are the benifits of a center console. My boat is 8 years old. My wife is not in very good health and doesn't fish with me a lot anymore. I mostly go myself. Thinking about downsizing. Are the center consoles fiberglass or aluminum? I live in Indiana by the way. My Triton is 19 ft. Can you get the bay boats that size or smaller? I know nothing about them .
Mike

First off welcome to the site, second sorry to hear about your wifes ailing health. Not let me try to answer your questions. Here in the south where most people run bay boats it's hot so we don't need the full windshield to protect us from the weather. Center console give you 360 degree fishability, you can walk all around the boat to fish. Big front and back deck to fish the marsh. They come in fiberglass and aluminum. Most of the larger manufactures make them from 16-24' and some of your larger bass boat builders make a center console bay boat.

Express, Dura Craft, Polar G3 all make a nice aluminum hull center console. Tidewater, Key West, Mako, Kenner, and the list goes way on all make nice center consoles under 17'