SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Are you loaning then?

Glad everything is working out for you.
HAHA!

I've been told that business and, life isn't a "one size fits all" deal so, to each their own.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
HAHA!

I've been told that business and, life isn't a "one size fits all" deal so, to each their own.
I still like the thought of the old days where a deal was a deal... guess I will continue to miss out on some deals but feel good about others
Old 09-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Are you loaning then?

Glad everything is working out for you.
How did it work in the plants on monday ? Guys go home on fri w/ 1k+ check and to broke to buy lunch on Monday. Borrow money for the week Dollar on a Dollar.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

When my dad passed he had a paid for house in NBR. Was appraised at 55k
called a guy i knew that flipped homes. Offered it to him at 46 k and he pays everything. we met at the house so he could look at it .he said yes and we shook hands. 3 days later katrina hit and the appraisal jumped to 70 in no time. He called to ask if we still had a deal? I told him we shook hands didn't we? He even told me that i could probably make more $$. I asked ,Do you still want the house at the agreed on price ? he said yes and that is what he paid for it.
When i look someone in the eye, shake their hand and tell them we have a deal ,i will do everything i can to live up to my end.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Bought a dog box from a guy by offering him more for it BUT, the original purchaser misrepresented who he was and made up a story about why he wanted the box. Seller got pissed and accepted a FedEx cashiers check Saturday delivery.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

If I'm selling something and someone says they want it for a price we both agree on I set a deadline for payment , basically our agreement dies if the payment is not in hand by agreed upon date. IF some one else calls me before the agreed upon date I write down their name and number, I call the original purchaser to confirm they still want it if they say yes I explain to the second guy that i already have an agreement on it and if the buyer doesn't follow through ill be in touch.
If I agree to something I honor what I agreed to but the second that agreement or contract is breeched and I can make more money or even the same money from a diffrence buyer who has cash in hand then I do it.
Not sure what went on in this situation but in my opinion if a price was agreed upon and buyer held up their end but seller still sold to someone else that's bad business , but if buyer left it open ended ...tough crap dude

In my line of work ( custom home building) the majority of my competition has not business ethics and cannot be trusted by the client . I build trust with my clients by doing what I say I'm going to do even if its a mistake on my part that will cost me money . By me being honest and honoring my commitments I have been blessed with more work than I know what to do with .......