SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
When I had my Tahoe, I was putting $125 of gas 2-3 times a week sometimes.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
now I don't feel so bad, thanks.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Higher prices and more ethanol. If one dont get us, the other one will!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Banned

Commodities are outperforming everything else right now, the bubble will expand then bust again in my opinion.

Obama isn't helping anything BUT we can't exactly hope to flood the global market with domestic oil any do any good. There's some "high seas" on the horizon for this country, I don't think we're totally out of the trouble, be shocked if the housing market starts to rebound anytime soon.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Job security for me!!! As long as we keep selling it!!! I get paid
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Gas prices are slowly creeping up,hope it does not hit 4.00 by summer like they claim it will. I sure hope there wrong this will hurt me in the pocketbook and our customers. 4.00 a gallon for gas= less people fishing.
This is the BS way that the y are raising the price on fuel.
If it goes up to $4 a gallon like the are going to let happen. Then it drops to $3.00 everyone will be happy it dropped.
But guess what/ it just rose .50 a gallon and your happy.
Been doing this since the " gas shortages" in the 70s
sits at one price goes up .90 a gallon and then drops .50 a gallon
Everyone is happy it went down.
If this keeps up $4 a gallon will be the normal price per gallon by 2012
and most will be happy to pay it since it dropped from $4.85 gal.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
This is the BS way that the y are raising the price on fuel.
If it goes up to $4 a gallon like the are going to let happen. Then it drops to $3.00 everyone will be happy it dropped.
But guess what/ it just rose .50 a gallon and your happy.
Been doing this since the " gas shortages" in the 70s
sits at one price goes up .90 a gallon and then drops .50 a gallon
Everyone is happy it went down.
If this keeps up $4 a gallon will be the normal price per gallon by 2012
and most will be happy to pay it since it dropped from $4.85 gal.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

No matter how you look at it we are getting raped with no lube by the gov. What else is new?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

We are a communist gov. They control gas , healthcare, your retirement,your taxes and soon your guns!!! They will have to kill me before they take my guns
Old 01-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Don't blame it on the countless producing the oil.

Gas should cost between 60-90 cents a gallon if you look at production costs
You can blame the American government for allowing oil to be traded on the market

Makes no sense to me
Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
Don't blame it on the countless producing the oil.

Gas should cost between 60-90 cents a gallon if you look at production costs
You can blame the American government for allowing oil to be traded on the market

Makes no sense to me
Yak - not trying to bust your bubble, but stick to what you know!!!!!! And you surely don't know what it cost to produce a gallon of gas! You also don't know what the profit margin is on a BBL of crude. You would be amazed at how many companies do NOT make a profit at $75/BBL. For that you can thank the government!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Exxon 3rd Quarter Profit

From: http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...six-years.html

Sales rose 16 percent to $95.3 billion and profit from oil and gas wells climbed 36 percent to $5.47 billion. Profit from company’s refineries more than tripled to $1.16 billion as the margin between the cost of crude and the price of gasoline and diesel widened. Exxon’s chemicals business posted a 40 percent profit increase to $1.23 billion.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

What's the difference in high gas prices and highway robbery?...One is Gov't approved! That's a fact.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Yak - not trying to bust your bubble, but stick to what you know!!!!!! And you surely don't know what it cost to produce a gallon of gas! You also don't know what the profit margin is on a BBL of crude. You would be amazed at how many companies do NOT make a profit at $75/BBL. For that you can thank the government!

so neither does my dad who has worked at a gasoline refinery for 30 years?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Swordfish

Quote:

also please explain why in the early 2000's you could get gas for 1 dollar a gallon

AND COMPANIES STILL MADE MONEY
if they cant make money at $75/BBL, how were they making money at $30/BBL

the fact of the matter is, the government and companies regulate crude oil prices on the market like i said
Old 01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

DUHHHHHHHHH! EPA regulations have changed and so has the cost of production. Unless your dad is a CPA, he wouldn't understand it either. He gets an annual salary that goes up, along with health care and other benefits, all with cost increases, who pays for that - the oil companies! Their cost of doing business is skyrocketing, that's what people don't understand.

Look, ya'll know I work for a consulting company in the oil & gas industry. A well that cost $5 mil to drill in 2000 currently cost $12mil to drill now. It may pay out $20 mil in production, but over how much TIME will it take to make it. Also take into account, royalties and permitting cost. It is huge and will soon be upside down where we can no longer afford to drill here. In case you didn't know, Chavez has a lot of oil, so does Iran, so does Russia. Now, when we need to buy it from them, who do you think has more money to purchase that oil - us or China?

They will make a killing selling it to the Chinese and we can not compete with them since they have all the money. Better wake up people!!!!! We need to drill here, we need to drill now, we need to cut down some trees and drill fast!!!! - As soon as we stop worrying about a fricking wood****** or polar bear, and make an effort to support our own needs, the faster we can get to being a world superpower again. And while I'm on my soapbox, if the frickin environmentalist from the Al Gore years would have had their facts right, maybe we could have had a few more companies willing to open new refineries. You know, refineries that can be more effiecient, cleaner, and more strategically located for the needs of the country. But NOOOOOOO, they want to make it impossible to build a new one anywhere!!!!

So with that, I will end my rant on fuel cost with this. If you don't like it, park your truck, park your boat, turn your lights and computer off. Otherwise, shut up and pay up!!!!! I could care less if it was $2/gal or $10/gal - I'm going fishin'!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Swordfish

i agree with everything you said.

but to say that the cost you see at the pumps is directly related to the cost of production and the cost of producing that BBL of oil is ridiculous
The point i am trying to make is that supply and demand doesnt control oil prices.
the idiots who control stocks control oil prices

There is more than enough oil to provide for the world, for a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG time.

50-60 percent of cost comes from the price of crude
20-30 percent of cost comes from refining costs AND PROFITS
The rest is taxes and marketing
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

[QUOTE=Finfeatherfur;217515]DUHHHHHHHHH! EPA regulations have changed and so has the cost of production. Unless your dad is a CPA, he wouldn't understand it either. He gets an annual salary that goes up, along with health care and other benefits, all with cost increases, who pays for that - the oil companies! Their cost of doing business is skyrocketing, that's what people don't understand.

Look, ya'll know I work for a consulting company in the oil & gas industry. A well that cost $5 mil to drill in 2000 currently cost $12mil to drill now. It may pay out $20 mil in production, but over how much TIME will it take to make it. Also take into account, royalties and permitting cost. It is huge and will soon be upside down where we can no longer afford to drill here. In case you didn't know, Chavez has a lot of oil, so does Iran, so does Russia. Now, when we need to buy it from them, who do you think has more money to purchase that oil - us or China?

They will make a killing selling it to the Chinese and we can not compete with them since they have all the money. Better wake up people!!!!! We need to drill here, we need to drill now, we need to cut down some trees and drill fast!!!! - As soon as we stop worrying about a fricking wood****** or polar bear, and make an effort to support our own needs, the faster we can get to being a world superpower again. And while I'm on my soapbox, if the frickin environmentalist from the Al Gore years would have had their facts right, maybe we could have had a few more companies willing to open new refineries. You know, refineries that can be more effiecient, cleaner, and more strategically located for the needs of the country. But NOOOOOOO, they want to make it impossible to build a new one anywhere!!!!

So with that, I will end my rant on fuel cost with this. If you don't like it, park your truck, park your boat, turn your lights and computer off. Otherwise, shut up and pay up!!!!! I could care less if it was $2/gal or $10/gal - I'm going fishin'!!!![/QUOTE]

I hope this is not the same opinion that other people in the oil and gas industry have.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
DUHHHHHHHHH! EPA regulations have changed and so has the cost of production. Unless your dad is a CPA, he wouldn't understand it either. He gets an annual salary that goes up, along with health care and other benefits, all with cost increases, who pays for that - the oil companies! Their cost of doing business is skyrocketing, that's what people don't understand.

So with that, I will end my rant on fuel cost with this. If you don't like it, park your truck, park your boat, turn your lights and computer off. Otherwise, shut up and pay up!!!!! I could care less if it was $2/gal or $10/gal - I'm going fishin'!!!!
Well said,only problem is not everyone is lucky enough to afford the high prices of gas. I know I wont be able to afford to fish often when it hits 4.00 again.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Swordfish

Quote:

I completely agree with you on this.
Having an environmental degree means i had to put up with my share of Liberal BS, I got in arguments many times with professors who were gore commies. they still believe after it has been proven wrong and all lies that humans are causing global climate change

NEWS FLASH TO ANY IDIOT WHO BELIEVES THESE LIES.

THE GLOBAL CLIMATE HAS BEEN FLUCTUATING UP AND DOWN SINCE THE CREATION OF THE EARTH, ITS A NATURAL CYCLE THAT WE CAN NEITHER CHANGE NOR STOP

MedHeavy and I had this conversation the other day people should have looked deeper into the global warming scam.

those who owned the companies who sold carbon credits were the people who created the scam
Old 01-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Banned

There's a LOT more to this issue than it seems, I'm not an expert by any means. Just a few minutes googling things like "anti-speculation laws" or "gov price controls on fuel"

Clinton signed into law the "Commodity Futures Modernization Act" in 2000, since then you see the violent swings in price.
You do away with oil trading on the NYMEX, they'll trade it in the global markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
I hope this is not the same opinion that other people in the oil and gas industry have.
10 dollar gas and this country will be in so much pain we may be fishing to eat...LOL there will literally be blood in the streets.