SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

I cut really close yesterday to a boat after spotting something unusual, several bikinis sitting on the bow as I got closer, my wife said there are 5 girls on that boat with no man, well I got busted!!!!!! Thats when I told her we need Blackjack to make me look like a real fisherman!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
I cut really close yesterday to a boat after spotting something unusual, several bikinis sitting on the bow as I got closer, my wife said there are 5 girls on that boat with no man, well I got busted!!!!!! Thats when I told her we need Blackjack to make me look like a real fisherman!!!!
With a t-top!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 975

Yes, Big Lake has it's share.. Last weekend in July there was a blue and white boat w/ merc. running around. Looked like he was trying to get coodinates by running around every one that was fishing.. and i do mean around, within 200 ft. The next weekend only about 2 out of 5 boats had or were using running lights @ 520 am. then on that same day a frequent user of this sight motored up 200 ft. to mt port side heading to the same spot I was headed to, which was 150 ft in front of me. I continued my course with trolling motor and was able to cut him off. But with all that said, nothing will change until they get a hole stomped in their ###.. Oh Yea, Toledo Bend is even worse!! = Big Lake X10. but anyway.. still better than being @ work..
Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA COVE View Post
Yes, Big Lake has it's share.. Last weekend in July there was a blue and white boat w/ merc. running around. Looked like he was trying to get coodinates by running around every one that was fishing.. and i do mean around, within 200 ft. The next weekend only about 2 out of 5 boats had or were using running lights @ 520 am. then on that same day a frequent user of this sight motored up 200 ft. to mt port side heading to the same spot I was headed to, which was 150 ft in front of me. I continued my course with trolling motor and was able to cut him off. But with all that said, nothing will change until they get a hole stomped in their ###.. Oh Yea, Toledo Bend is even worse!! = Big Lake X10. but anyway.. still better than being @ work..
X10 on Toledo Bend being worse.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Redfish

Cash: 724

Turners issue: I look for widest opening between boats and stay on plane trying to keep even distance among boats. I dont think i will idle 1 to 2 miles thru boats. Im not gonna stop by you and fish there either. Sorry in advance
Old 09-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
People can say what they want Big Lake is loaded with Morons

I worked at Wal-Mart while in college. I can confirm SW Louisiana is loaded with morons.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Make it rain with fritos, trim motor up, leave wake to mess up fish and CHUNK UP DA DEUCE......1 bag will last all day.....good luck vatos......cant find me........never get potlicked....
Old 09-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,014

i always try to be courteous to other fisherman when on the water. if i do something it is not on purpose. I only have a few spots that i like to fish on the lake and its tough when a guy blows through you while on fish. it seems like as soon as you catch one trout the whole lake is on you.

we would stop and fish and everytime we would be in a spot for more than 5 min boats would pull up close enough to have a conversation with them.

as a younger guy one thing i wish there was on this site is why you fish the water you do. spots are useless but knowing how to identify spots based on various conditions and factors would be useful in speeding the learning curve.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

I'm not sure what to think here...I sure was figuring a football field was enough buffer when passing by another boat...so what is the buffer you should give?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,492

x2
Old 09-03-2012, 10:49 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
I'm not sure what to think here...I sure was figuring a football field was enough buffer when passing by another boat...so what is the buffer you should give?
It's never enough distance to some people. And if I am a hundred yards from you, that's good enough for me.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I alway try to give other boats that are fishing 200 to 300 yards distance while passing them.

In Turners Bay area sometimes there is no way to keep away from other boats. This is why I normally only fish during the week. If I can see where I can be 100 yard from other boats....I stay on plane.

I was freshwater fishing in an area where there were a dozen boats catching Sacks on anchor. We were a 1/4 mile from the end of the open water and were spreadout so that we blocked most of the waterway.

A speed boat pulling a skier was headed towards us. I am thinking they will surely make a u-turn before getting much closer. Nope. They shot through a 100 foot gap between boats. Then they had very little room to go anywhere so they made a u-turn and drove back between the same boats.

One guy wrote down the boat number, and I got the number and called it in. I always wonder if anything was done to this guy. This was way before CELL phone with cameras.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Screw all the cry babies I am gonna slow down and trim my motor to throw biggest wave possible then take pics of them and their boat and turn them in when they want to try something....... get a grip, its always the same people crying on here about the same crap and they never stop to think that we all deal with this. Do something about it, find something else to do or just shut up and get a freaking life
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
I believe the wished for buffer zone would be enough distance for running wake to become non existent upon arrival of fishing hole!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
Screw all the cry babies I am gonna slow down and trim my motor to throw biggest wave possible then take pics of them and their boat and turn them in when they want to try something....... get a grip, its always the same people crying on here about the same crap and they never stop to think that we all deal with this. Do something about it, find something else to do or just shut up and get a freaking life

BOOM! Told like it is!!!! Get ready for the infamous "U Mad" comment lol
Old 09-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
BOOM! Told like it is!!!! Get ready for the infamous "U Mad" comment lol
LOL yeah he mad
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post

TRUE words from YAK Fisherman who spans 50ft per day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chicagobears0923.jpg (60.3 KB, 294 views)
Old 09-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,038

Guide Boat cut our drift off at old Steam engine Sunday. Pulled in hot about 100 yards in front of us. They picked up a few dinks, and then hauled azz. We continued our drift and got the 3 pounders we were looking for.

Don't know who it was, but at first thought it was Chicken in his new ride.

Moral of the story.....disrespectful guide or Pilgrim like Honey Badger. Take what he wants when he wants it !!

I WILL REMEMBER THAT BOAT !!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Monday's trip experience......fishing channel marker on North bound side of ship channel. My boat positioned between marker and bank. Two older gentlemen approaching in mid size aluminum boat heading North passed us on plane at roughly 20 to 25 yards. The ship channel is wide and at the time of passing no other boats were around . So these two individuals did have a choice but chose to pass extremely close. Time forward....fishing a bank area w/trolling motor down and the bow of my boat pointed East down the bank. These same two older gentlemen come plowing towards the same bank and drop their trolling motor roughly 40 yards off the bow of my boat. They commence to heading East down the same bank.
Immediately, thoughts were running around my head but a cooler adult head had to prevail. Just picked up and moved on. And yes visions of figure 8's were momentarily considered but being close to the bank scratched that idea.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

You pull up to them and ask "what brings you to this exact location in this body of water" and see what kind of response you get.......more than likely there gonna say "looks like a good spot".....