SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 861

Just politely drop the big motor and run right in front of their bow and do the same thing. You don't have to say a word. Some people only get it when they are on the recieving end.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

It's never going to stop, it'll only get worse. Get over it
Old 09-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
It's never going to stop, it'll only get worse. Get over it
yep ive gotten to the point where I just tell people what they are doing wrong and 9 times out of 10 they had no clue.... Sometimes I'm kinda loud when I tell em though
Old 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Brew

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
Just politely drop the big motor and run right in front of their bow and do the same thing. You don't have to say a word. Some people only get it when they are on the recieving end.
I lay the 8
Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Redfish

Cash: 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I lay the 8
That is what we've heard, but I would rather see their reactions when I simply just reverse the situation. Happens bank fishing in the bass world all the time. Believe or not some people get upset - simply mind blowing.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahunaz View Post
I believe the wished for buffer zone would be enough distance for running wake to become non existent upon arrival of fishing hole!
This is also how I think about it. I give more room when I'm making a bigger wake. I'll often only leave 50 yards in an aluminum boat doing 15 mph cause the wake won't bounce 'em around. The same distance is rude in a 20-24' fiberglass boat running at 35 mph.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 975
BigGrin rethink it maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
This is also how I think about it. I give more room when I'm making a bigger wake. I'll often only leave 50 yards in an aluminum boat doing 15 mph cause the wake won't bounce 'em around. The same distance is rude in a 20-24' fiberglass boat running at 35 mph.
A 12- 18" wake off off any boat, reguardless of size has the same affect. That being said, the aluminum running 15 mph will probably push a bigger wake than the 20 something running 35-40. Plus the actual disturbance under the water is only 50 yds. , well within the area that is targeted.. guess that's not on your calculator...
Old 09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Flounder

Cash: 661

I would rather people just stay om plane. Most of them don't understand slowing down a little makes your wake worse. Either idle by with motor in the full down position or fly by and get it over with.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA COVE View Post
A 12- 18" wake off off any boat, reguardless of size has the same affect. That being said, the aluminum running 15 mph will probably push a bigger wake than the 20 something running 35-40. Plus the actual disturbance under the water is only 50 yds. , well within the area that is targeted.. guess that's not on your calculator...
I wouldn't argue about calculations or physics with MathGeek
Old 09-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Flounder

Cash: 751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddct View Post
I would rather people just stay om plane. Most of them don't understand slowing down a little makes your wake worse. Either idle by with motor in the full down position or fly by and get it over with.

X2
Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
A super spook might change his mind! Very possible @ 50 yds.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahunaz View Post
I believe the wished for buffer zone would be enough distance for running wake to become non existent upon arrival of fishing hole!
I've gotten sea-sick on calm waters in VB during the fall run from just the wakes. It has been so bad over the past 10 years that now it doesn't bother me much. Part of the fall spectacle of fishing.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 683

Quote:
On Big Lake
Its is unreal that either people have zero knowledge of how to fish or just that stupid to understand what to do behind the wheel of a boat

Yesterday I managed to stay away from all boats and stayed to myself and caught fish

Today tried but..........

I can't understand what makes people click ?? If you see a guy in open water on anchor fishing..(only boat with in miles)..... Just because its a straight line from channel to weirs ....do you run wide open 250ft from that only boat in the water ?????? Not one but Two boats killed my only good bite I got on

2nd if you see a boat going to a spot that's way in front of you!! Do you go full throttle and run in front of them??

Happened today...I'm going to a spot on Monkey island...no boats around going about 25mph about a 75yards from spot when out of no where a boat come from behind me and got right in front and drove big motor on spot!!

Next I'm fishing towards a point and about 15ft from it casting at it...when a boat drives strait up to the point and runs up (over reef area) Chunks anchor and live cut mullet went flying (I had a million bucks they never caught a trout in there life)

Really are people that disrespectful or just plain Stupid
Quote:
I lay the 8
Yep....That's the way to show em respect W....
Old 09-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I run a few #s a day myself. Welgh, surface area, specific gravity, free surface, interpalation, and a few more. But I've been on the water and fishing longer.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 818

Dont underestimate stupidity my friends..
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I have no idea how people that big motor over a spot then turn around fish it....keep going fishing....no way in hell they are catching fish...

Motor kills bite !!!!!

I saw some guys fishing a bank a while back....they cranked up ran straight down the bank and started fishing it again
Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
I have no idea how people that big motor over a spot then turn around fish it....keep going fishing....no way in hell they are catching fish...

Motor kills bite !!!!!

I saw some guys fishing a bank a while back....they cranked up ran straight down the bank and started fishing it again

They know what there doing, you should try it, it works, fish are used to it, they hungry they bite
Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA COVE View Post
I run a few #s a day myself. Welgh, surface area, specific gravity, free surface, interpalation, and a few more. But I've been on the water and fishing longer.

You better bring ya "A" game to get into a numbers crunch war with MathGeek. Best of luck to the both of ya.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
yep ive gotten to the point where I just tell people what they are doing wrong and 9 times out of 10 they had no clue.... Sometimes I'm kinda loud when I tell em though
Remember grand isle last year? Dem dudes in da offshore boat??? Dude was gettin dat arse reamed from me n bob
Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Da Cove - I believe you no worries

but to the original discussion, it all depends, I want people to run on plane when they pass me when I am fishing in say a channel or a bayou and they have to be close, but if you are in the middle of the lake or a bay, then there is no reason to run 50 yards from the boat wide open. I have only fished Turners a handful of times and that is a totally different situation in the fall. I think you may as well just be prepared to idle for a good while as long as people are fishing, stay as far away from boats if that is possible.