SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Sunday Reds

Woke up at 6:00 a.m. to thick fog and low water temps so I called my customers and said to sleep a couple more hours. I hit snooze and woke up around 7:30 to sunny skies. Down south we went through the curves and mud flats of lower bayou Dularge. I had good customer Dr. Rodriguez on board with his brother and their two sons around 8 and 10 yrs old. The younguns had caught reds before but nothing like they were about to experience. When I slowed the boat down and dropped the power pole about 50 yards from the hot spot, I unstrapped the cold weather gear and suited up with the tool belt ready for work. The doc grabbed a rod while I was getting ready and casted to a point of Roseau cane. I hadn't even handed out all the rods yet when his drag started screaming. I grabbed the net and thumped the first fish of the day to the floor. I knew right then it was gonna be a great day. Moments later I set up and dropped the power pole. Game on. Picked up 2 more and lost one. The bite started out really slow with the water temp sitting around 45 degrees so it took awhile for the guys to get the hang of it. I trolled up current another 100 yds and found the falling tide coming around an intersection of bayous. Fish on. Water temp 46 degrees and rising. Moments later the tide switched and along with it came some warmer water that had been heated in the nearby shallow lakes and bays. That lit a fire under those fish and the bite went from slow to incredible in a matter of minutes. Didn't take long to whack our 25 fish and head to the dock with a great day and happy customers in the aftermath. The weather this week looks to be yet again in the toilet. That really hasn't been stopping us from catching and I don't think I've had a bad trip in 3 months. Knockin' on wood. I'm open all week so come get it if you can handle it! Capt. Rob 225-776-9820ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390786337.907216.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390786351.812001.jpg

Capt. Rob Dupont
225-776-9820