SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 12-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Summer Time Trout Bite in December

Earlier this week I looked at the forecast and knew the trout bite would bust wide open. I picked up a last minute trip yesterday and the gang met me at the Reel Inn Dularge around 5:45 a.m. We headed to the spot that has been producing the most, deep in the brackish marsh. We were picking away at some trout but it wasn't hot n heavy. With 15 trout in the first hour I decided to make a move further in the marsh. Conditions today were as follows: 0 mph wind, good falling tide, low pressure. I looked at the territory I had just picked out and started casting at where the fish are usually holding up, making a drift with the current down a stretch of prime winter time hunting ground. The marsh wasn't speaking to me and didn't look alive. It's warming up good now and it occurred to me I was wasting time fishing where there wasn't any sign of life. Time to switch gears. In the distance I had visions of birds diving on shrimp and big speckled trout slurping them up. With the warm weather we've been having that made much more sense. Enter the lake. This time of year it is filled with liar birds but usually they don't lie too much in December. I spotted the flock I wanted, working a point with shrimp and mullet going nuts. Power Pole down, game on. My customers Brody and Brian chunked out the cork rigs with shrimp creole and they both immediately went down. And again and again. This was a hot bite like you read about. In fact, Brody remarked on reading about this type of bite all the time and never getting to experience it. Well, there it was every single cast trout thumping and corks submerging. The boys did the damage and stuffed the big KYSEK with some of the fattest lake trout I've seen with very few throwbacks in short order. Big thanks to Capt. Marty Lacoste for setting up the trip.

Capt. Rob Dupont
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing
Old 12-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

Nice report. What do you think this low pressure coming through Sunday will do to the bite?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058

Quote:
Originally Posted by southLA View Post
Nice report. What do you think this low pressure coming through Sunday will do to the bite?
Low pressure is a great thing. Usually the fish will be in a frenzy right before a front. General rule of thumb is 2 days before the front up until right before it passes through. Once the high pressure builds, the fish usually shut down. Again, general rule for post front fishing is 2 days after.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

You are making want to come back down there! Not that I didn't want to come down there again anyway...
Old 12-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

Thanks a lot!