SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Prism, Phone tapping and YOU
Yes, I agree with doing this, as it will keep us safer. 1 2.50%
No, I disagree with spying totally. 10 25.00%
I am against any blanket government spying, but agree with warranted spying (pre 9/11 system) 29 72.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275
Default Prism, Phone-tapping and you.

Out of simple curiosity wanted to post a simple poll, Do you think that the government should be allowed to continue to record every phone call, and monitor every single internet discussion in the united states without warrant's or subpeona's?

Last edited by AceArcher; 06-10-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

Haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.1 KB, 193 views)
Old 06-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Its a fine line for sure. On one hand if a terrorist is planning an attack and gets caught because of this its good. BUT, its also impeding on our civil liberties in a sense.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Red Snapper

The reason i posted this poll is that i have seen 2 major news networks now take a position that the "average" american would choose the first option on the poll. "Yes, i agree with unlimited phone and internet monitoring as it will make us more safe"
Old 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Its a fine line for sure. On one hand if a terrorist is planning an attack and gets caught because of this its good. BUT, its also impeding on our civil liberties in a sense.
I don't know Duck.... i don't see it as such a fine line. Let's be realistic here. Your odds of dying from a terrorist attack in the US are so damn small as to make it much more likely that your going to die from a rogue lacrosse ball to the forehead at a regional lacrosse match. (I might be exaggerating just a hair here..... but i promise you i'm really not that far off) (happy to show some statistics if you want to be bored with that crap)

Living in freedom means having to accept that there is some inherit danger in not monitoring everyone 24/7. A crazy is a crazy and will always be a crazy.... and on a side note never stick your......... lol nevermind.

I don't have a damn ****ting thing to hide from anyone... seriously, you would be hard pressed to find even a damn mouse's skeleton hiding in my closet. But i sure as **** don't want my mice saying hi to someone at NSA!

in my opinion we have flourished as a country for over 200 years with multiple global wars in which we have been triumphant. Why all of sudden do we need it now because a few crazy's decided to be crazy?
Old 06-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
I don't know Duck.... i don't see it as such a fine line. Let's be realistic here. Your odds of dying from a terrorist attack in the US are so damn small as to make it much more likely that your going to die from a rogue lacrosse ball to the forehead at a regional lacrosse match. (I might be exaggerating just a hair here..... but i promise you i'm really not that far off) (happy to show some statistics if you want to be bored with that crap)

Living in freedom means having to accept that there is some inherit danger in not monitoring everyone 24/7. A crazy is a crazy and will always be a crazy.... and on a side note never stick your......... lol nevermind.

I don't have a damn ****ting thing to hide from anyone... seriously, you would be hard pressed to find even a damn mouse's skeleton hiding in my closet. But i sure as **** don't want my mice saying hi to someone at NSA!

in my opinion we have flourished as a country for over 200 years with multiple global wars in which we have been triumphant. Why all of sudden do we need it now because a few crazy's decided to be crazy?

My first reaction when I heard about this was not very positive towards our government as most of my reactions are towards them have been

We haven't really won a war since 1945 because the enemies we are fighting are finding new ways to attack us. IF this surveillance was only for GOOD reasons such as monitoring for terrorism and could be used to prevent another 9/11 than maybe MAYBE its alright, but thats where the fine line is, you are still invading privacy of millions of innocent peoples' conversations before you get to the 'bad guys' I don't know, interested to see what others think. I for one do not trust our gov't 100% though
Old 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I promise it wont be used just for terrorsim. That is just what they feed the sheep with.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

NSA hasn't stopped anything using the wire taps;Boston,NYC,ect. There is no reason other making sure there aren't people plotting the overthrow of the goobment to monitor EVERY call and all INTERNET chatter. This started or was sold to us as a way to monitor calls coming and going to foreign countries and has now morphed into Big Brother watching it's own citizens. If you don't fear your government you are an IDIOT.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090

No doubt they are following this thread . . . You bet . . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM
King Mackeral

The title of this thread throws up a red flag . . . Im not s h I tt ing you one iota . . .

Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
NSA hasn't stopped anything using the wire taps;Boston,NYC,ect. There is no reason other making sure there aren't people plotting the overthrow of the goobment to monitor EVERY call and all INTERNET chatter. This started or was sold to us as a way to monitor calls coming and going to foreign countries and has now morphed into Big Brother watching it's own citizens. If you don't fear your government you are an IDIOT.
and therein is the problem. Once you give them a little, they take a lot. The Louisiana lottery was 'sold' to us as a way to give money to educators I do not know how these people can look at us straight in the face
Old 06-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PReaux View Post
The title of this thread throws up a red flag . . . Im not s h I tt ing you one iota . . .

Maybe AceArcher is being held captive while the gov't types on his computer?

Ace, is this you?!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:04 PM
King Mackeral

"Disable your location services . . . " enable when you have a need . . . Just sayin . . .

Old 06-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

No. Only a very select few are involved in terrorism, not your everyday person reading Saltycajun. Clearly they have no need to listen in to private conversations wtihout some first hand knowledge of some type of involvement. What a huge waste of time to think they will get lucky by listening in on private conversations. Here is a clue, the folks that kill us are Muslims; start by listening into their conversations, especially the ones that have a radical ideaology.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
No. Only a very select few are involved in terrorism, not your everyday person reading Saltycajun. Clearly they have no need to listen in to private conversations wtihout some first hand knowledge of some type of involvement. What a huge waste of time to think they will get lucky by listening in on private conversations. Here is a clue, the folks that kill us are Muslims; start by listening into their conversations, especially the ones that have a radical ideaology.

Muzzie = Radical in my book, anybody who don't eat a Poke Rib or Bacon is Wacked in the head.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
Thats's the way they spin It . . . Are you Jay Carney . . . Better to err on the side of caution . . .

Old 06-10-2013, 03:32 PM
King Mackeral

They know what you a/c is set on . . .

Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

PReaux,

I think you misunderstood me. When I say very few are involved in terrorism I mean U.S. citizens. I don't trust any muslims. Why would they bother listening to an every day Joe's conversation when they can listen to the muslims. They pretty much know who the threats are and should key in on those folks. Trying to find a valuable lead by listening to U.S.Citizens telphone conversations is like the needle in the haystack thing.

I seriously doubt this was all for national security anyway, especially considering the IRS and numerous other scandals. Do you remember when we heard this administration was going to be transparent? What a joke.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM
King Mackeral

For what it's worth I have no ill will towards the Muslims . . . My wife and I lived in Kuwait for 2 1/2 years . . . Love the people . . . The problem is on this side of the Atlantic . .
Caveat emptor . . .

Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM
King Mackeral

Its serious, gentlemen . . .