SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618
Default Burn Ban..anyway around it?

I need to burn 5 acres of field so I can start my dirt work on it....I called the local fire dept to get permission to do it but they won't let me......but yet everyday I see fields being burnt around here....I know farmers are exempt from burn bans for agriculture purposes but it makes no sense that I cannot do the same on acreage that is completely disked around it with no house for atleast a quarter to half mile away...
are their any special permits I could buy? Is their anyway around this..other than straight out ignoring it and burning anyway? what are the penalty's/fines for burning now?
Old 10-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 715

accidental fires happen all the time when its this dry.......dunno what else to tell ya...
Old 10-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert View Post
I need to burn 5 acres of field so I can start my dirt work on it....I called the local fire dept to get permission to do it but they won't let me......but yet everyday I see fields being burnt around here....I know farmers are exempt from burn bans for agriculture purposes but it makes no sense that I cannot do the same on acreage that is completely disked around it with no house for atleast a quarter to half mile away...
are their any special permits I could buy? Is their anyway around this..other than straight out ignoring it and burning anyway? what are the penalty's/fines for burning now?
Idk but I'm sure they'll be alot higher now that they see it was done intentionally....
Old 10-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

You gonna have a dozer? Scrape where you house pad is going to be, pile what you scrap & save it to fill or spread later. Plus equipment running around on the rest will make quick work of it, unless its knee high
Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
You gonna have a dozer? Scrape where you house pad is going to be, pile what you scrap & save it to fill or spread later. Plus equipment running around on the rest will make quick work of it, unless its knee high
no I wont have a dozer.. I am hiring a guy to come in a build a pond.make pads,driveway and level the whole property...i've already bushhogged it.. just need to burn it....and running into this brickwall wanting to do it the right way...

longside.. a fine is a fine...I don't think there is a sliding scale for intentional or unintentional.......like I said.. the fields around me are being burnt everyday...if they aren't hurting anyone, I won't be either...I will take all precautions possible IF I decide to do it..
Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

the ban exemptions only apply to agriculture practices
Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
the ban exemptions only apply to agriculture practices
Just tell 'em you fixing to plant rye grass
Old 10-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Not even aware of a "ban", I set some boxes afire a week ago in the back yard and burnt up a good portion of my (wife's) privacy fence. My daughter called 911 when she thought dad wouldn't be able to put it out. I got a swift lecture from the fire department but no citation.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Go talk to the farmers near you and see what they are doing, to contain their burning to just their fields. They might have some helpful tips.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
Go talk to the farmers near you and see what they are doing, to contain their burning to just their fields. They might have some helpful tips.

Farmers and timber companies are exempt from the burn ban. Haven't figured that one out yet, because we have been fighting to keep the fires that a farmer had set away from the houses near by.

Warren
Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

I have a guy that just burned his millet fields last week for dove hunting. Made a pass with a disc, and lit the sucker, went fast and was contained, no problems. If you have equipment their (tractor w/ implements) to containt the area, they will not mess w/ you, at least around my parts. As stated, the farm practices are exempt and it is time to plant winter wheat, just FYI.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Not even aware of a "ban", I set some boxes afire a week ago in the back yard and burnt up a good portion of my (wife's) privacy fence. My daughter called 911 when she thought dad wouldn't be able to put it out. I got a swift lecture from the fire department but no citation.
nice work
Old 10-19-2010, 09:34 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
There is no way in he!! I would have posted that on this site!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
not even aware of a "ban", i set some boxes afire a week ago in the back yard and burnt up a good portion of my (wife's) privacy fence. My daughter called 911 when she thought dad wouldn't be able to put it out. I got a swift lecture from the fire department but no citation.
that explaines your love for ou>>>
Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenrod View Post
that explaines your love for ou>>>
Old 10-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

I wouldn't burn right now, ban is for a reason.... if something did happen and it got out of control, you would be liable for damages.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:42 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
I wouldn't burn right now, ban is for a reason.... if something did happen and it got out of control, you would be liable for damages.

Your no fun..........no fun at all!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Flounder

Cash: 655

I like the Rye Grass Idea. BURN IT!!!!!!!!!

Fines cant be that Much.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

my dads been burning brush piles for a week.....on about day number 4 this plane kept circling his place over and over. he said not long after allen parish sheriff came up and gave him a lecture no ticket. didn't do no good my dad was burning the next day. they ain't been back
Old 10-19-2010, 11:34 AM
King Mackeral

Brew

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
my dads been burning brush piles for a week.....on about day number 4 this plane kept circling his place over and over. he said not long after allen parish sheriff came up and gave him a lecture no ticket. didn't do no good my dad was burning the next day. they ain't been back

I just love fiesty old men!!!!! That's how I'm gonna be!!! I will be the old fart calling the law when someone is speeding on my road, then kicking the law man in the knee when he comes talk to me about shooting old stray dogs!!! Shake his hand for me!