SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271
Default Vermillion Bay Anglers!!!

Just wanted to see how many people fish V. Bay?? Was thinking about pretty much just watching this site, the other one is getting ridiculous. Seems like everyday someone is criticizing the other. Please throw a comment at me if you fish V. Bay that way i know if its worth posting on here lol

PS I'll still like this site even if theres NOBODy fishing V. Bay

Old 07-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

There are a few guys here that fish V-Bay....Tell your buddies to on over a post reports!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

I live north of it and have fished it a few times, would be interested in going back from time to time.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Redfish

Cash: 645

I fish it when I don't have time to hit cocodrie.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Here's my schedule!-
Jan., Feb., March - Usually fish Bayou Dularge, not big fish, but very strong catches in the interior marshes.

April-May - Big Lake, throwing big baits to catch big fish

June - July - boat is kept in Bayou Dularge and do alot of fishing with the kids.

Ausgust - November - boat is back at my house to fish Vermillion Bay. The best fishing of the year is getting ready to start, and it is right in our back yard! The bite was later than normal to start this year do to late snow melt, very heavy rains in the northern states that kept rivers way high for so long. Now, this has also helped in bringing in water that silts up and provides nourishment for the little things, which feed the bigger things. The amount of baitfish out there right now is incredible, and the trout will be in a feeding frenzy in the coming months before the cold fronts get here.

I really love September! I take clients teal hunting in the morning, then jump in the boat about 5:00 for a late afternoon speck run in Vermillion Bay! Can't wait!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525

I fish the bay often...That is a great schedule Finfeatherfur...I wish I had that schedule.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripinlips View Post
I fish the bay often...That is a great schedule Finfeatherfur...I wish I had that schedule.
I wish I could get on the water as many times as he moves his boat. Tough to find fishing partners for weekdays and hate weekends.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I live near abbeville so I fish the bay a pretty good bit. I have been trying new places this summer but its about time to fish the bay the rest of the year
Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525

After my last summer class finishes next week, I will be hitting the water every good weather day I hope...until fall classes begin. I hear you Ducktrickster about avoiding those weekend crowds.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

the bay is my home. been catching really good lately just havent had time to post. work has picked up and dont have much time between fishing and working.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I fished the cypremort point area sunday ended up with 20 nice trout,3 reds,and a flounder.Caught most of them on live shrimp under a cork,and a few on a super spook.The water is absolutly awesome over the reefs where we caught most of them.I fish the area alot,i work at the prop shop in lafayette so I hear where there biting at pretty often.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

i fish cypermort point just about every other week...my best friend got a camp down there
Old 07-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
the bay is my home. been catching really good lately just havent had time to post. work has picked up and dont have much time between fishing and working.
Well quite working, that is another area I am going to learn.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

I live in Abbeville so I fish it from now till bow season opens on oct1.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

I fish V. Bay every now and then. My father in law has a camp in four bayous so we just get in the boat go fishing.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

I fish Cypremort Point area every fall. My family has had a camp since 1968 at the Point and I usually take a month off of work every year and stay at the camp. Usually first week of Sept, one week in Oct, and the first 2 weeks in Nov.
Looks like this year I should have taken more time off earlier as salinity is very high for July in addition to the fact it has been low up until now which probably has tons of bait in the area. Looks like a stellar year. I live on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain so usually do not make the trip in to the Point unless I have at least 3 or more days off.
Just found this site. Hope to get some info. and always willing to give away most of my secrets to a few.
Fisherofthebass, I see your posts on other websites, often see your posts when we have fished the same day in the same area. What are you fishing in? I have a 22' white Blackjack with Yamaha 250 and Powerpole if you see me this fall.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 830
Brew v-bay

I work 14 & 14 and fish the bay at least 5 times when i am off,i don't post much on the other site because all of the BS.Maybe this site will be diferent.The fishing is about to get great,but as we all know all the crazy,disrespectful people come along with it.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:33 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587
Default V Bay

I usually fish Big Lake but with the new boat now (22 Pathfinder) I have something that should be able to handle what V Bay can throw at me when it gets angry. I'm looking forward to learning the Bay now. Made my first trip to the pass Tuesday afternoon and caught 37 trout before we had to run from a bad storm.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192
Default Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tete Dur View Post
I usually fish Big Lake but with the new boat now (22 Pathfinder) I have something that should be able to handle what V Bay can throw at me when it gets angry. I'm looking forward to learning the Bay now. Made my first trip to the pass Tuesday afternoon and caught 37 trout before we had to run from a bad storm.

Same here........looking forward to getting out in it soon............Never had the boat to go thru the pass safely, now, it's on!!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,552

Quote:
Please throw a comment at me if you fish V. Bay that way i know if its worth posting on here lol
Looks like you got some fellow Vbay fisherman!!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .