SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default BL 11-6

Hit the water early and caught quick at our first stop, then nothing for the rest of the day. Real windy, but found nice water - thought it was gonna be on fire after catching on the first cast, but it musta been a fluke because we picked hard for a while to catch what we left with.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384043880.900126.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384043892.016940.jpg

Had a boat broke which left us with too many people, so those that got left behind loaded up the truck with beer and bait, and headed off to find a place to bank fish. They had never been to the area and I have minimal experience, so they went on an exploratory mission. Well, the smoked the folks fishing from my boat (and let us know about it). Live bait had them non stop, they threw back about 15 rubber lip drum and kept what's in the pic below.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384044074.900017.jpg

Got back on the water late to see if we could get some action before the front, knowing dang well we would be on the water for the rain. So, we loaded up the panchos and headed out. Hit west cove and found slick calm water, beautiful storms moving in, and eerily calm wind compared to what was the norm that morning. We quietly drifted reefs and fished our butts off as quick as we could hoping that we played our cards right... Nothing! Not a a single sign of bait or any hints of fish aside from how pretty the water was, and how perfect the conditions were.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384044538.999873.jpg

Then came the rain, so we geared up. I dropped the anchor just off a reef and the beers kept opening for the next hour while we rode it out. A couple of us kept throwing everything we had in the box (except live or dead bait) just praying for something to take it, but we just weren't in the right spot!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384044474.533219.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1384044483.933710.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1384044495.066523.jpg

All in all it was a great trip for our company, definitely got some good team building in. The Big Lake continues to beat me down, I've caught more trout in a single day in VBay this year than I have in multiple trips spanning 100 miles of running on Big Lake - I'm even more driven to go back, I won't stop til I figure it out. That's the whole point of fishing, it's not about loading the boat, it's about piecing the puzzle until you can load the boat. If it weren't for the challenge, what would be the point?

Hats off to you Big Lake producers
Old 11-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Redfish

Cash: 893

I've been skunked at BL more times than not. You're not alone bro.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Flounder

Cash: 676

Nice pics. What a crew!