SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

We use the mojo teal and baby mojo......Do not waste your money on the remote. After one year (season) of use you can throw it in the trash....
Also, I think overall MOJO's help you kill birds. At times it may flare them but I rather have one than not. Greys and Teal love them. Sometimes they want to land on the mojo.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossLake View Post
So, numbers of decoys and picking up each hunt really worth it? Think it makes a big difference?

Hunting in the marsh or any place where the ducks congregate and stay in the area, it definitely helps.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

have a guy at work that just told me about how they used that vortex that cabelas sells that suspends to mojo's under poles then spins the poles also. They said it worked real well but a pain to set up and you still have to purchase 2 mojos and the 180$ contraption ( i think its that much) then buy either a T post or their mounting post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OFwlKlr View Post
Hunting in the marsh or any place where the ducks congregate and stay in the area, it definitely helps.
First split I had all of them out, with a few V spaces for them to land closer in.
Second split, I start removing some of them each day and moving them around each day. Lots of work. Sometimes all of the decoys were behind the blind, some days on the side, some days all teals separated from the big ones and towards the end of the second split, only coot decoys were left, right in front. Them coot decoys are the best for late season ducks.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
First split I had all of them out, with a few V spaces for them to land closer in.
Second split, I start removing some of them each day and moving them around each day. Lots of work. Sometimes all of the decoys were behind the blind, some days on the side, some days all teals separated from the big ones and towards the end of the second split, only coot decoys were left, right in front. Them coot decoys are the best for late season ducks.
Great stuff Ray. Thanks. So do you normally pick em up every hunt or just move em around some? We normally just pick em up during split. Always wondered how much difference it really made but couldn't get any ducks to tell us what they thought about it. I'm sure alot of it depends on how many new ducks are showing up in your marsh. Other question we always ask ourselves is - More or less decoys? What's the magic number?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I picked up during the split and left them in the blind. I had a 3 man fiberglass blind.

The magic number depends on the size of the pond.
The more new ducks that come down, the better chances you have of killing the dumb or younger ones.

I never picked them up between hunts. It was too much. I moved them around in different patterns during the second split. I picked up most of the big decoys and left the coots and teal for last. That worked best for me.