SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,201
Default No negative comments towards sponsors?

I'm writing this post in reference to a post on this site yesterday that was shutdown because of negative feedback towards a site sponsor.

I realize that Casey owns this site and as much as we like to think we are share holders, we aren't. Therefore, this site can be run anyway the owner likes, and I understand that it's not good for business to bash the sponsors because of that whole "bite the hand that feeds you" concept.

However, I didn't find the poster to be "bashing" as much as stating an opinion possibly fact.
My question is will sponsors interests always be above the other members as long as they are paying this site money? What if they operate nefariously and to the detriment of the rest of the members on this site? Members, some like myself, who pay money for a premium membership that do not want to spend their hard earned money on an inferior product.

If I went to your accounting firm, paid you, and let you know about my Ponzi scheme, should I be protected because I was paying your firm?

Not griping, just curious where the line is of sponsor interest vs. good of the salty community?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Redfish

Cash: 778

i'm waiting to see how this one goes.......
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I would say if you have a problem with a sponsor try to contact them. If after several failed attempts contact Casey or a mod. I know Casey probably doesn't want bad business practices associated with his site. But rules are rules. Sponsors are what makes this site run.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

What's the issue with Duce rods??
I seem a closed thread on that.

There are many companies out there that sell junk ; most don't last long.
I can't understand why or how a company expects to grow by not backing thier products / warranties.

As far as the bashing.... I have seen an "opinion" turn into a bash thead fast fast on here.
I gues that's the reason for closing the thread
Old 05-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,510

The OP did not bash, was not given an infraction and the thread was not deleted.
The thread was locked so it would not become a bash fest.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

This one will probably get closed too.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

I agree with what Bob said, but, I also see the point of the OP. If I were to buy a "custom" rod from Jude, paid for it in advance and, 2-3 months later I haven't received it, along with no reason why.....I would contact Jude and unless he told me up front that it would take 8-12 weeks to complete...he better have a satisfactory answer. Let's say, after a half dozen attempts by phone to contact him over a week span, he never answers or acknowledges my phone messages......I would have no problem blastin' his azz on Salty Cajun. And, I think I would have every right to do so....sponsor or no sponsor.

I realize Jude has nothing to do with this situation. His name was used for reference only. Besides...it's the first name that came to mind.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
The OP did not bash, was not given an infraction and the thread was not deleted.
The thread was locked so it would not become a bash fest.
As I suspected.

So if there is a serious issue with a company who is a sponsor & someone wants to inform the members of what happened....

How could that be accomplished??
Old 05-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
As I suspected.

So if there is a serious issue with a company who is a sponsor & someone wants to inform the members of what happened....

This is exactly my point...
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post

Do as the OP did without bashing the sponsor. We are all adults and we all know there is a right way and a wrong way to state our opinions. Choose the right way and you should be good. Choose the wrong way and get an infraction. If you're not sure, don't take a chance.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Do as the OP did without bashing the sponsor. We are all adults and we all know there is a right way and a wrong way to state our opinions. Choose the right way and you should be good. Choose the wrong way and get an infraction. If you're not sure, don't take a chance.
I understand this and I thought he brought up his complaint properly, but if he did the right way why was the discussion silenced?

This seems similar to how the main stream media and the current administration handle things... Benghazi anyone?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsufish View Post
I understand this and I thought he brought up his complaint properly, but if he did the right way why was the discussion silenced?

This seems similar to how the main stream media and the current administration handle things... Benghazi anyone?
It was so others would not ruin the thread. If you have specific questions about this particular incident, pm the OP and ask him.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Redfish

Paul,
Thank you for the suggestion.
I'm not in the market for a rod and that wasn't my point, the questions I want answered were directed at Casey, not the OP.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

The power of the dollar....nuff said
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Paul,
Thank you for the suggestion.
I'm not in the market for a rod and that wasn't my point, the questions I want answered were directed at Casey, not the OP.
Then I suggest you send Casey a PM so "w" can quite trying to ruin this thread with his attempts at humor.

I understand your questions and concerns but you can see how some people are. Kinda proves the point for locking the thread.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Ling

Mo money mo problems
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,214

I am going to re open this thread. I was coaching my sons baseball game tonight when this was posted so I could not respond.

The op did nothing wrong and was not given an infraction. If I wanted to cover it up I would have deleted the thread. He made it clear he is having an issue with Duce rods and if his issues are true then I have no problem with people hearing about it as long as it was done in a respectful manner which it was.

Threads on here get out of control fast, the thread was closed to avoid a bash fest of one of our sponsors. That being said they are not above criticism if they are not doing right by people then people should know about it so the thread was not deleted.

Does there need to be a 768 page thread to warn people? No the thread stayed so that if people do a search for that company they can still see what people had to say. I think it is a very fair way to handle a very bad situation.

For the record I will also always try to contact our sponsors myself when a member has an issue.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

i just took a fat duce!