SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908
Default DU or Delta Waterfowl

Is anybody a member of one of or both of these organizations? What are ya'll opinions on either one of them? I'm a member of Delta Waterfowl, I feel they do more for hunting down here than DU does.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,549

I'm going for delta waterfowl...not sure about the things that DU is doing or has done, you hear different stories.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Delta Waterfowl ...... I have supported DU all my life, but not any more. It is my opinion that the migration of mallards has changed over the years, due to short stopping of ducks up north, more northern farmers realizing the $$$ in duck hunting etc..I am not saying this is DU's fault, but they have contributed to some of the problem. In the future, the Mallard will be a rare occurance in Louisiana, just like the Canadian Goose.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Entering A World of Pain

I agree totally...especially with the alternate fuel source crap...people are growing more and more grain and corn, we are growing less rice therefore there is no reason to fly south for food...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 699

Delta for one of many reasons they support trapping of natural predators on breeding grounds (IMO) there are to many eggs and ducklings lost due to predators.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellalilyslicker View Post
Delta for one of many reasons they support trapping of natural predators on breeding grounds (IMO) there are to many eggs and ducklings lost due to predators.
That's one of the major things that got me supporting Delta over DU also.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

all of ya have made the right points on trapping predators and the northern boys are after the $$$$$. It took them long enough to figure it out that there is a lot of money in the hunting market. If it doesnt freeze solid up there for at least 5 days we will always be in trouble to get the ducks to migrate this for south with all the food supply they have up north.I am a chairman of Delta Waterfowl in my area and I support them 100%. I like there nesting and trapping program they have. For those of you that dont know much about Delta it was established in 1911. This isnt a new organization it has been around for awhile. I would like to encourage all of you to help support us. We are making great strides to help protect our major breeding grounds. You can visit our site at WWW.DeltaWaterfowl .org. you can find local chapter's in your area there
Old 09-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Swordfish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n D View Post
all of ya have made the right points on trapping predators and the northern boys are after the $$$$$. It took them long enough to figure it out that there is a lot of money in the hunting market. If it doesnt freeze solid up there for at least 5 days we will always be in trouble to get the ducks to migrate this for south with all the food supply they have up north.I am a chairman of Delta Waterfowl in my area and I support them 100%. I like there nesting and trapping program they have. For those of you that dont know much about Delta it was established in 1911. This isnt a new organization it has been around for awhile. I would like to encourage all of you to help support us. We are making great strides to help protect our major breeding grounds. You can visit our site at WWW.DeltaWaterfowl .org. you can find local chapter's in your area there
I couldn't agree with you more! I joined Delta about 6 years ago after a friend of mine told me exactly what they do for the habitats and protecting the eggs. More eggs = More ducks!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Delta all the way!!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 652

Delta here too.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 600

Never been to a Delta banquet......Anything like the DU ones? I remember the old days when the "ducklings" used to get kinda wild.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Swordfish

I went to the Delta banquet last year for the Acadiana Chapter and I had a good time. It was nice, fun and informative. I hope that I can make it to the one this year.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 652

Boudreaux, come to our Delta Banuqet tomorrow night in Baton Rouge and see for yourself.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
Delta Waterfowl ...... I have supported DU all my life, but not any more. It is my opinion that the migration of mallards has changed over the years, due to short stopping of ducks up north, more northern farmers realizing the $$$ in duck hunting etc..I am not saying this is DU's fault, but they have contributed to some of the problem. In the future, the Mallard will be a rare occurance in Louisiana, just like the Canadian Goose.
I am with you on that one
Old 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Swordfish

Anyone here planning on going to the Acadiana (Lafayette) Chapter Delta banquet on 10/22?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Had a great time at the Lake Charles Banquet...lots of folks attended too..Really good turn out and plenty of booze...
Old 09-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 525

do you even remember the banquet sulphite?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
Default Both

I am a supporting member of both groups. I think there is a place for both Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl, they both have their pros and a few cons. Everyone bashes DU for the short stopping of birds when they do not have their facts straight. DU does their best to preserve the wildlife, they have little control of where a bird decides to migrate.

Like I said before, I believe both organizations try their best to preserve wildlife. If you are a waterfowl hunter, it's your choice which group to support. Both do a GREAT job of preserving the waterfowl.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
do you even remember the banquet sulphite?
What banquet???
Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 AM
Redfish

Cash: 661

Delta