SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189
Default NDT ??

I know I've asked before but for some reason I can't find the thread... But any of you west siders who know of any good NDT companies to start looking over there at Id appreciate y'all letting me know again??? Trying to get outta this area.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,562

all tech inspection
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Check out Savoy Technical Services.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

PM biglaketiger
Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Swordfish

http://savoyndt.com/index.html
Old 08-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
I know I've asked before but for some reason I can't find the thread... But any of you west siders who know of any good NDT companies to start looking over there at Id appreciate y'all letting me know again??? Trying to get outta this area.
I second ALLTECH inspection, i know the area manager well, his name is Derrick Coleman, he is currently staffing for upcoming turnarounds. Plus they staff all the nde work out at citgo.

Also try National Inspection Services, i'm also friends with their manager, Scott Theriot.

Savoy Technical Services also, David Savoy is the owner, good guy and very smart.

JZR Industries, also a good friend there...Get in touch with Virgil Ward or James Russel, james is the owner and virgil staffs jobs.

Hope this helps and good luck

What are your certs?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283

I worked for Savoy's Technical Services, Team, National Inspection,Central Testing...what do you do...X-ray, shear wave, API, CWI??
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Swordfish

They got acuren as well
Old 08-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Trophy Trout

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
They got acuren as well
I believe Acuren has closed it's sulphur office and currently don't staff anything in the sulphur/lake charles area, they do staff all the Exxon/Mobile work in Beaumont though.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglaketiger View Post
I believe Acuren has closed it's sulphur office and currently don't staff anything in the sulphur/lake charles area, they do staff all the Exxon/Mobile work in Beaumont though.
They at PPG
Old 08-23-2011, 02:34 PM
King Mackeral

Thanks for the responses so far guys...ive been in the industry for about 9 months now I went to ndt school...I'm a carded radiographer and am level 2 ut thickness mt and pt...I also draw isos and read p&id's...and have a good bit of cui inspection experience....I'm at a crossroads right now stuck between going the API route or the flaw detection route...but either way I gotta get outta the place I'm in...
Old 08-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I'd say go API. I know some guys who have the 510, 570 and 653 along with a CWI(for good measure) and they pretty much say what they are gonna make. If you've ever considered going overseas and really knocking it down, API pays VERY well. That being said, you need 5 yrs tech experience or 2 yrs college before they'll let you test.

Good luck! I know when I was still interested in the business, API was what I wanted to go for.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Default Well...

Quote:
Thanks for the responses so far guys...ive been in the industry for about 9 months now I went to ndt school...I'm a carded radiographer and am level 2 ut thickness mt and pt...I also draw isos and read p&id's...and have a good bit of cui inspection experience....I'm at a crossroads right now stuck between going the API route or the flaw detection route...but either way I gotta get outta the place I'm in...
Not to discourage you but you don't yet have the years or experience to go the API route BUT doing the UT thickness, PT's and MT's will get you there, you're going to have to do your time before you can expect to test for your API's. Work as many turnarounds as you can get on and follow the API inspectors around and ask questions, never a dumb question. There is SO MUCH more to learn than passing a test. What we API inspectors do is not to be taken lightly, peoples lives are at risk directly with what we inspect. Not to bash you are any others but i've been in the business for over 18 years now and I have seen alot. There are a lot of sharp young guys that get a inspection company to sign off on their experience so they can test. These young smart guys pass the test then get in the field and they have no idea what they are looking at or what to do with it when they find a problem, what happens now is your reputation goes to crap and in this business your rep is all you got, your only as good as you last job. So what i'm getting at is get your time in the field in before your API's. Also, nde techs (PT, UT, MT) are getting really good wages now, 3 years will go by quickly , you'll learn the trade and then you can make a great career on the API side. If you contact Alltech i'm pretty sure they can get you going, you seem aggressive and sure of yourself which is a great trait, you will need them qualities when making crucial decisions.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Do you have a current resume? email me it at biglaketiger@aol.com, i'll personally get it in the right hands.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:59 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I'd say go API. I know some guys who have the 510, 570 and 653 along with a CWI(for good measure) and they pretty much say what they are gonna make. If you've ever considered going overseas and really knocking it down, API pays VERY well. That being said, you need 5 yrs tech experience or 2 yrs college before they'll let you test.

Good luck! I know when I was still interested in the business, API was what I wanted to go for.

Thanks Corey....but it's only 3 years for a API certain and 5 for cwi....dunno y that's silly though.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:05 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglaketiger View Post
Do you have a current resume? email me it at biglaketiger@aol.com, i'll personally get it in the right hands.

Thanks man I do appreciate it and I will shoot you a email this evening...Im really just trying to make a livin right now...not looking to get rich fast and I am willing to learn as much as possible before I take the next step...just trying to decide what it's gonna be and I really have been leaning to the inspection side
Old 08-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Hopefully, your present employer ain't a member here.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Default ..

Quote:
Thanks man I do appreciate it and I will shoot you a email this evening...Im really just trying to make a livin right now...not looking to get rich fast and I am willing to learn as much as possible before I take the next step...just trying to decide what it's gonna be and I really have been leaning to the inspection side
I hear you man, i was in the exact same place as you 18 years ago and can not believe how fast time has gone by. I assure you, you get with a good inspection company and you will do fine, as someone posted above, once you get your experience and do your time you will be able to set you desired salary, especially if you travel. I wasn't trying at all to discourage you, was just letting you know that there really is no fast track program out there. I used to have a few NDE techs that I would work on turnarounds, they put their time in, they asked a ton of questions, they learned what to look for, they learned why it happened, they learned how to fix it and they learned how to write good reports. Two of them have recently passed their API 510's and both are currently doing very well out on the TA circuit.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,562

Now that the proffesional stuff is out of the way...

watch out...your not gonna be used to the waves over here on big lake compared to lake P waves...freeboard is key...

Good luck bro!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-23-2011, 04:00 PM
King Mackeral

Gonna order a haynie with 2ft of extra freeboard it's gonna be a side console too