SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Tacky Jacks is a great place!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Just got back yesterday for a quick weekend trip. Check out Cobalt. Best restaurant I have been to down there.

I didn't get to fish, but bringing my boat down there in September. I'll be looking for your fishing report from down there.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Think i might just go with a guide they run 300-400 bucks and ill spend that on gas pulling my boat, then have to worry about pulling my boat around all week so shat on that, but ill GPS the spots we hit lol
Old 07-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenrod View Post
whatever you do do not rent through Bret Robinson....just came back on sat and they are the worst....I have always went through meyers or vrbro...I learned a hard lesson
I went through VRBO.com found one at Phoneix East II booked it tonight! Got an ice machine and is on the ground level step off our patio in to the pool and few steps to the beach im stoked!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 715

the phoenix's are awesome.....we just got back yesterday from a 5 day trip.....we stayed at the royal palms right next to the state park on the beach this trip. I've stayed alot of different places down there and the phoenix's are one of my favorites.....The steamer is good for crablegs, the hangout is good, tacky jacks, lulus, mikees, sea n suds, the shrimp basket are all good food in my book....timing is everything as to whether you wait in line for an hour, or walk right in.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Sailfish

Thanks Chris!
I plan on doing some beer drinking at Live Bait, Florabamas, and The Hangout. All pretty good beer drinkin joints?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Flounder

Cash: 784

All of those are good drinking spots, don't forget Tacky Jacks. As far as fishing goes, I've spent a pile of time fishing there and it's not a difficult place to get around, finding fish can be a chore. If you go with a guide, the going rate is around 100 per hour and most trips last 4 hours. Don't expect to load the boat, fishing in August is tough. If wade fishing is your thing, you can catch some decent flounder off the beach early in the morning and the pass in Little Lagoon can be really nice if you have some tide moving just get there early to stake your spot.

Let me know if you need any guide recommendations. We know a pile of good folks over that way.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshworks View Post
All of those are good drinking spots, don't forget Tacky Jacks. As far as fishing goes, I've spent a pile of time fishing there and it's not a difficult place to get around, finding fish can be a chore. If you go with a guide, the going rate is around 100 per hour and most trips last 4 hours. Don't expect to load the boat, fishing in August is tough. If wade fishing is your thing, you can catch some decent flounder off the beach early in the morning and the pass in Little Lagoon can be really nice if you have some tide moving just get there early to stake your spot.

Let me know if you need any guide recommendations. We know a pile of good folks over that way.
Shoot me an email with the guide recommendations
shawkade@yahoo.com
Thanks!
I'm gonna try a little wading while I'm there hopefully, just mainly want to catch some trout while I'm there lol i got to catch some fish in every state I visit