SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Flounder

Cash: 790
Default First post

mornin fellas,

been a member over at the hull truth for a while and several people pointed me to saltycajun.

Im based outta youngsville. Love trout/reds/flounder fishin' just wish I was better at it Just started fishing 3 years ago. I have a 21' hybrid type boat.

Im takin the wife to big lake Sunday/Monday..stayin on the Hackberry side. I was gonna hit the weirs as that is pretty much the only place I have ever fished in the 2 times I have been to big lake. Have the fish moved in to the marsh in big lake yet, or would I be better off on the outside at the jetties or even a rig out there?

thanks for any help and HI! from a new member
Old 05-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

What do you mean by hybrid type boat? If you're going to run to the rigs or the jetties Sunday looks like it would be the day to do it, due to wind. The problem with fishing Big lake when you're not experienced there is most of the good fishing is on reefs that are not marked. Buy a hook and line map there are a few good spots marked on it. Rule of thumb is fish the bank that the direction the wind is coming from.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Flounder

by hybrid I mean 21' with 19 degree deadrise at the transom and 2700 pound dry weight. So it can cut a wave pretty well, but I also can run it on a trolling motor and it will draft under 2 feet, but I don't go under 2 feet if I can help it

Also can I ask where you are seeing wind forecasts out to Monday....I think NOAA stops giving wind at Sunday..they are showing SE 10 mph, but nothing for Monday

thanks for replying
Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,491

Windfinder.com or they make a great android app Windfinder Pro
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Flounder

just switched from my android to windows 8 phone....great device goes well with my windows 8 PC's, but damn I miss some of my android apps
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,084

Welcome aboard. Got any pictures of the boat?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Flounder

ya..its basically a custom boat at this point.

Here are some pics of the boat with the upgrades this year, including but not limited to new console, new cooler seat, new wheels/tires...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Et9YRVXX6diBjk

If you look at the second pic and the last pic you can see the difference in the new console/seat versus the old one.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,084

The hull looks like wellcraft. Clean boat though
Old 05-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Flounder

its 1991 cape craft/key largo..the liones always reminded me of an old Mako, which is one of the things I liked about it
Old 05-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Boat with an ipad rack, thats pretty slick.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I frequent THT also. Love to keep up with the rebuild threads. Did you do all the work yourself?
Old 05-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I frequent THT also. Love to keep up with the rebuild threads. Did you do all the work yourself?
every bit...I consider it more of retrofit work than rebuild since everything below deck is sound....transom is solid not a single soft spot anywhere. but I did some cool stuff too.

I did take out my below deck baitwell(hated that thing) gave me HUGE bilge access...I also hooked up a cargo net where the baitwell was and it holds all my life vests and such without them sitting in the bilge.

The console work was fun..the previous console was HUGE, I went with a small pathfinder console to open up fishing space on the deck. Made a big difference. I added the hatch to the front for wiring access..mounted the blue seas fuse panel there. rigged up a MR. Bubbles to a switch on the new switch/breaker panel and put it in the livewell on the front of the console. that was a pretty good idea too I think. I just drain the livewell on to the deck and don't need any plumbling for my baitwell.

the new enertia you see in the first pic took me from 37.4 WOT to 42.5 on my first test run with it...I didn't even get it trimmed out properly so I am hoping to get close to 44-45 with it trimmed right.

the iPad mount gives me about the cheapest 10 inch touchscreen navigation in the world It will get put to the test this weekend running through any slop in Big Lake.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopheso View Post
every bit...I consider it more of retrofit work than rebuild since everything below deck is sound....transom is solid not a single soft spot anywhere. but I did some cool stuff too.

I did take out my below deck baitwell(hated that thing) gave me HUGE bilge access...I also hooked up a cargo net where the baitwell was and it holds all my life vests and such without them sitting in the bilge.

The console work was fun..the previous console was HUGE, I went with a small pathfinder console to open up fishing space on the deck. Made a big difference. I added the hatch to the front for wiring access..mounted the blue seas fuse panel there. rigged up a MR. Bubbles to a switch on the new switch/breaker panel and put it in the livewell on the front of the console. that was a pretty good idea too I think. I just drain the livewell on to the deck and don't need any plumbling for my baitwell.

the new enertia you see in the first pic took me from 37.4 WOT to 42.5 on my first test run with it...I didn't even get it trimmed out properly so I am hoping to get close to 44-45 with it trimmed right.

the iPad mount gives me about the cheapest 10 inch touchscreen navigation in the world It will get put to the test this weekend running through any slop in Big Lake.
sweet setup man!! Boat looks like it would be comfortable, affordable, and looks pretty high tech with that ipad on the dash! I LIKE!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Flounder

thanks bro...got several other ideas(both my own and other peoples) but the wallet seems to stim the upgrades to the boat