SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Sweet and I gave my opinion...

Baits catch more fisherman than they do fish = Fact
I think it's hilarious
Here is on more type

Ok, you gave your opinion. Thanks. So that should be your last post on my thread then.

I use sparkle beetles also and do well on them." BUT", i was asking if anyone used these and if they were durable. I want a bait, any bait, that I can be confident in and quit wasting time tying on 50 baits because I get discouraged with the one I am using if the fish aren't biting. So far I've been loving the Gulp Swimming Mullets. But you know there are times when those trout only seem to want shrimp. Especially in Cocodrie where i usually fish around the well heads, you know, when the guy next to you is smoking the trout on live bait and they won't touch anything you throw in the water.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Mo Shramps

http://www.biminibayoutfitters.com/b...olo_shrimp.htm
Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Guys.. Could some one that uses the VUDU please tell me if U had ONLY one COLOR to fish.. What color would it be???

Can u fish this shrimp tight-lined WITHOUT a cork??? Or is most using it under a cork??

Thks

Gunn
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

I havemt fished all of the colors but have caught on the tiger pattern and natural.

They say you can fish it tigh lined but it seems a little small and too light for that to me. Jmo
Old 05-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

Great looking baits, would love to try one up shallow next to a gut on a falling tide when the shrimp run is on. How much do they weigh?

Does Sparkle Beetle sponsor average joe fishermen?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596
Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
I havemt fished all of the colors but have caught on the tiger pattern and natural.

They say you can fish it tigh lined but it seems a little small and too light for that to me. Jmo

yea i tried it once. way to light to throw tightlined. and as fer dub..... he mad cuz yall buying up all his vudu....he bought stock in vudu today... thats what he said
Old 05-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
yea i tried it once. way to light to throw tightlined. and as fer dub..... he mad cuz yall buying up all his vudu....he bought stock in vudu today... thats what he said
Do you think it is lighter that a sand eel jr or a lil John on 1/32 oz weighted 4/0 worm hooks?

Anyone know where to find info for vudu on the web or the manufacturers contact info? A 6-7" slow sinking model that you can cast the same distance as a corky fatboy would be killer on floating tripletail
Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

how much action does a shrimp bait actually need? only action i see from shrimp is they swim backwards in straight lines and short burst. then they suspend. then they swim. havent tried the vudu's yet but seems the best thing about them is the kevlar holding the tail on. the natural does look more like a shrimp than most of the others out there. but how do we know what a shrimp looks like to a trout?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
Do you think it is lighter that a sand eel jr or a lil John on 1/32 oz weighted 4/0 worm hooks?

Anyone know where to find info for vudu on the web or the manufacturers contact info? A 6-7" slow sinking model that you can cast the same distance as a corky fatboy would be killer on floating tripletail
Egret baits, check out their site.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,491

http://www.egretbaits.com/
Old 05-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I have zero... i catch thousands of fish a year on a simple 2 Cent sparkle beetle!!
I could catch thousands of fish on a Shakespeare ugly stick rod but i don't go bashing you for using a waterloo...

I just think you can give an honest opinion on things on this site without being a tool about it... There are many people here that have a lot to learn about fishing and you are a great fisherman with a lot of knowledge to pass along...

i do believe you are an asset to this site and you seem to have a great sense of humor on most things... You just need to exercise a little tact at times

Sent from my iOS using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post
I could catch thousands of fish on a Shakespeare ugly stick rod but i don't go bashing you for using a waterloo...

I just think you can give an honest opinion on things on this site without being a tool about it... There are many people here that have a lot to learn about fishing and you are a great fisherman with a lot of knowledge to pass along...

i do believe you are an asset to this site and you seem to have a great sense of humor on most things... You just need to exercise a little tact at times

Your advise is solid but he's been doing the same thing for years. There is no changing the way he is on here. Learn to ignore it or fight it.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Sailfish

that made my 2000th post... What did i win? PAck of vudu?
Old 05-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post

This is well worded thanks for your comments.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
This is well worded thanks for your comments.

Suck up.... lmao

They forget internet = entertainment!!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
Well aren't you the freaking man. Maybe you would catch even more and bigger fish if you opened up you mind instead of your mot. I love me some sparkle beetles too, but it's not the only bait on the market. With all do respect, all you do is bust everybody's ball$ and talk about how you and your equipment are the greatest around. You literally have an OPINION on every subject on this site (really, search posts by W). you are single handedly ruining this sight for me. Sad thing is, according to the pics you post, you appear to be a really good fisherman. The poor guy just asked a question, and not your personal story. Sorry W, just had to vent.
PS
ROLL TIDE!!
You had my attention until you said those two words at the end. Can' handle bama fans that live in Louisiana or people that live in Louisiana and celebrate LSU losses more than there own teams wins. But that conversation is a sports bar topic.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Pahaha
Old 05-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Egret baits is a local company that makes great products and has many happy customers. They are also a site sponsor so proceed with extreme caution.

Take it from me, it is not possible to please everyone despite the best of intentions. There will always be people that do not like you or believe they can do it better...... Time to move on.

Good original post and question lets get back on topic.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post

Good original post and question lets get back on topic.

Yes Please. Thanks

I couldn't see where these wouldn't work with just a hook in it with a split shot above with or without a cork just like a live shrimp. But the question still is, how durable is it? Will it be destroyed after a few trout hit it?

More pics from facebook page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reeldat.jpg (52.5 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg shrimp.jpg (42.7 KB, 304 views)
Old 05-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Sailfish

They look pretty durable. Split shot may add too much wieght to nose of bait. They flutter in strike zone IMO that's the idea. You add weight seem like you throw off the look of the shrimp. On a poppn cork they'd do work. Don't need much tail action to a shrimp bait. They just flutter and tail twitch backwards