SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587
Default 2011 duck Lease needed

Hey all,

I am looking hard for a duck lease somwehere between the Kaplan and Welsh areas. The closer to Welsh the better. I know it is hard find any good open leases in these areas, but the only way to get an opportunity is to ask. If anyone knows of anything that is opening up I would appreciate the tip.

My lease I was in last year was absolutely HORRIBLE. Even a step up to an average lease would be an appreciated upgrade. I also have a pup that should be ready for teal season but I still need my own place to hunt so I can use my dog some.

Thanks

Last edited by Tete Dur; 04-20-2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: wanted to add more to the content of the post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

What are you looking to pay?
Old 04-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525

I am going to say Good Luck to you on finding something decent up that way. Two years ago me and my brothers looked a while then finally came across some leases in Kaplan. All I can say is if you like straight goose hunting then maybe you would like the normal setups in Kaplan. I know there is a guy on here that has some decent success with his lease in Kaplan but ours was no good. The farmer was nice and friendly but did not really understand Duck Hunting. His idea of hunting Teal during Teal season was for us to get all our buddies together, line the levee and skybust ??? Not really what we wanted and he changed what he said he would do after we paided of course. There were some ducks in the area but they had quite a few safe fields year after year for them to hang out in. I am no expert hunter but stick to the Welsh area from what I have heard. We tried unsuccessful to find something in our price range so we moved back to public hunting for now. We are still keeping a watchful eye out for some leases and I will let you know if I see anything in that area. Good Luck!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

I used to have a lease in Kaplan and it was awful. Stay away from Neal Landry!! He is a crook!!! He put us in a blind right off of 35 about 6 years ago. Prob killed 10 ducks all year. Quit going for a while and showed back up a few weeks later to make a hunt. Our ponds were full of crawfish traps. I called him to ask him *** he was doing and he told me "I thought you guys had quit hunting out there!!" Unbelievable!!! Now I pass in front of this blind on my way to Pecan Island and I havent seen it leased out to anyone since we leased it!

A lease with good hunting is hard to come by through advertisement, cause those are usually the crappy ones.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

stay away from David Boudreaux too. He is from Crowley
Old 04-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
What are you looking to pay?
I am willing to pay the going rates. I know what blinds in the Welsh area can cost and am willing to pay the fair amount to hunt.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
I used to have a lease in Kaplan and it was awful. Stay away from Neal Landry!! He is a crook!!! He put us in a blind right off of 35 about 6 years ago. Prob killed 10 ducks all year. Quit going for a while and showed back up a few weeks later to make a hunt. Our ponds were full of crawfish traps. I called him to ask him *** he was doing and he told me "I thought you guys had quit hunting out there!!" Unbelievable!!! Now I pass in front of this blind on my way to Pecan Island and I havent seen it leased out to anyone since we leased it!

A lease with good hunting is hard to come by through advertisement, cause those are usually the crappy ones.
That is exactly who we leased from
Old 04-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripinlips View Post
That is exactly who we leased from
LMAO!!! That dude is a tard!! I go out there with him and he shows me all these good looking spots. Then a week later he tells me he got a spot that we didn't look at that he was gonna lease to me. What prob happened is he leased up all the good spots, but instead of just being honest with me and telling me that, he sticks me in his crap hole he prob hadn't leased in years just to get my money. I was young and stupid, will never happen again.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

stick to welsh.. atleast you will kill geese..Which i'd take over ducks any day.. Something about watching specks lock up into my spread gets woody awake...
Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
stick to welsh.. atleast you will kill geese..Which i'd take over ducks any day.. Something about watching specks lock up into my spread gets woody awake...
With SPECS, you better know how to call. If not, you will only get a few stupid ones on a fly by that you hope are low enough to unload on.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

What is the goober from Duson's name that used to offer guided hunts?
He is another one to steer clear of, can't believe none of these guys have not been give a beat down over their business practices.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
What is the goober from Duson's name that used to offer guided hunts?
He is another one to steer clear of, can't believe none of these guys have not been give a beat down over their business practices.

Can't remember his name, but been there done that..........
a "hot" breakfast to him was pulling us through the local donut place. At least the donuts were hot .........LOL

Guy served red eared turtle gumbo for supper......edible, but not very good.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Found him, Kevin Babineaux! Gives all the Babineaux's a Black Eye

http://www.cajunhunt.com/Registration.html

Put this dood on ya do not call list, unless ya like picnics.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
stay away from David Boudreaux too. He is from Crowley
Whats the story with David Boudreaux?