SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

The author thought he'd become famous for the article. Unfortunately for him, still, no one knows his name but, every left loving, tree hugging, overly opinionated moron in America now knows the name, Phil Robertson! Awesome job, Phil!

Just my thought!
Old 12-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I'm confused as to why the "Duck Show" is the focus here. To most people I've talked to, its not. Its about the backlash towards his comments. The liberals and LGBT community can say whatever they want, but when a conservative or Christian speaks about their beliefs, its wrong and they are persecuted.

I could careless about what happens to the show. Its the fact that yet again, if someone speaks out against the masses, they get snuffed out.

Its the principle of the thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
All that sounds great, but that's just the way things are. Way to much wasted energy on crap like this. It didn't matter if these words where said by a north Louisiana redneck or Senator from California the press was going to have a field day with it. You are confused why the duck show is the focus here? I just wanted to express my dislike for scripted redneck show about nothing, so please don't persecute me for expressing my opinion.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:46 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
All that sounds great, but that's just the way things are. Way to much wasted energy on crap like this. It didn't matter if these words where said by a north Louisiana redneck or Senator from California the press was going to have a field day with it. You are confused why the duck show is the focus here? I just wanted to express my dislike for scripted redneck show about nothing, so please don't persecute me for expressing my opinion.
I'm not man, I guess its just one of those things that some people get riled up over and others don't. But the "that's just the way things are" arguement is a lethargic way of going about it. That's why the country is what it is now, because people sat back and let things happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,556

Quote:
Nice job With the racist "redneck" remark...it's okay to say that...right...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 12-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Nice job With the racist "redneck" remark...it's okay to say that...right...
When you choose to make your living in public eye, you are free game for every group of people to knock you down one way or another. As far as me using the word redneck, nobody cares I am a private citizen an nobody gives a crap what I say. My point is Phil being in his position knew his comments where not politically correct, and it would cause him attention good or bad.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
When you choose to make your living in public eye, you are free game for every group of people to knock you down one way or another. As far as me using the word redneck, nobody cares I am a private citizen an nobody gives a crap what I say. My point is Phil being in his position knew his comments where not politically correct, and it would cause him attention good or bad.
Best part is, he shouldn't have to be. Everybody done went and sissified in our country and, sneezing in your own house will now days offend the neighbor! Personally, I refuse to get on board with political correctness. The mere term is a contradiction! Politics and, correct should never be lumped into one another!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Flounder

Cash: 731

Mr. Cruz of GLAAD is the one that quoted some poll the 56% of Louisiana Residents approved of gay marriage. I imagine the poll was taken on the east side of Bourbon Street. Mr. Cruz is the same person that called Phil an uneducated redneck. Phil never condemned gays, he just said he doesn't understand their attraction to another man. If he was racist against African Americans and he is the patriarch of his family, think he would have handed over the company to Willie when he adopted "little" Will. Phil said this past summer that he did not see himself on the show much longer, he may have figured on going out with a bang. I personally think the Robertson's should beat A&E and GLAAD at their own game, get a lawsuit proving that both organizations were trying to prevent first admendment rights and used bullying / hate tatics to do it. That would be so funny to watch. I would love to do jury duty on that case!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Look I could care less what he says but clearly he says gays are full of murder and all kind of stuff in this video. Here's a shocker ! A bible thumping Jesus bearded man that lives in the woods from Louisiana doesn't like gays.

http://youtu.be/m1XhzVOm3JQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Using a somewhat time honored saying....

Here is how the cookie really crumbles;

1) Phil is within his rights to have, and voice an opinion

2) GLAAD & other gay activist communties are within their rights to have an opinion of Phil's opinion.

3) A&E is within their rights to "cancel" the show / stop filming phil....etc

4) you are within your rights to therefore either stop watching the show in protest, start watching another show on another network that picks up duck dynasty (or whatever it becomes) or your also within your rights to go fly a kite.

Human beings did not evolve to be exactly the same as each other. We can, should, and must celebrate all of our individuals.

In order to do so we have to tolerate all people's viewpoints.

How boring would the world be if there were only Phil & Kay Robertson's, or everyone was a Kanye & Kim or everyone thought and acted just like "W" (I think this last one could quite possibly cause the whole space / time continuum thing to implode)

Lastly, i wonder what the odd's are that this is all a "manufactured" crises to bump up ratings on the show. I mean really i just got back from the store and saw Duck Dynasty sugar cookies for sale?????????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post

2) GLAAD & other gay activist communties are within their rights to have an opinion of Phil's opinion.

4) you are within your rights to therefore either stop watching the show in protest, start watching another show on another network that picks up duck dynasty (or whatever it becomes) or your also within your rights to go fly a kite.

Human beings did not evolve to be exactly the same as each other. We can, should, and must celebrate all of our individuals.

How boring would the world be if there were only Phil & Kay Robertson's, or everyone was a Kanye & Kim or everyone thought and acted just like "W" (I think this last one could quite possibly cause the whole space / time continuum thing to implode)

Lastly, i wonder what the odd's are that this is all a "manufactured" crises to bump up ratings on the show. I mean really i just got back from the store and saw Duck Dynasty sugar cookies for sale?????????????????????????????????????????
I believe you just summed this whole shebang up with this post.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I believe you just summed this whole shebang up with this post.

I do really think that the most likely reason for all this was the last line of my post.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:

I do really think that the most likely reason for all this was the last line of my post.
Bring yourself over to the Mallett Building thread, it's just heating up to legal action.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Red Snapper

alright will have to grab the popcorn and come on over.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:

Oh you aint going there bro. I had the sugar cookie thing about 4 pages earlier. You showed up late to that party.
All jokes aside they are making a killing on merchandise.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Oh you aint going there bro. I had the sugar cookie thing about 4 pages earlier. You showed up late to that party.
All jokes aside they are making a killing on merchandise.
Yeah they are, I seen at academy they also had remote control trucks and boats for sale.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

Profiling, racist ^^^ Its on now
Old 12-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Profiling, racist ^^^ Its on now
whatever "W" you know darn good and well they broke the darn mold after you jumped out.

or if you prefer .... Bring it... :P
Old 12-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
Yeah they are, I seen at academy they also had remote control trucks and boats for sale.

Just need some duck dynasty condoms and it all over after that.lmao
Old 12-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Quote:
Imagine them hiving those away in Gay bars.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:

Put Phil's face on em prolly be a huge hit in the gay community.