SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908
FlagUS Together for Tipper Fundraiser

Hey guys, this is a benefit fundraiser for one of my brother's close friends. He hit his head while in basic training for the National Guard and is now pretty much paralyzed from the chest down. I know alot of people on here like to cook so maybe we could get a SaltyCajun cookoff team together and maybe even collect some money to donate or some prizes to auction off or raffle.

The event will be held December 12 at the Shrimp Festival Grounds in Delcambre. Live bands, cookoff, auction, refreshments. If you have anything you or anyone you know would like to give to the cause, please contact me @ rlandry@al-llc.com or you can contact my mom at alandry@mandllaw.com. Accepting soft drinks, beer, paper products, hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, nachos, hot chocolate, items to auction or raffle, $$$ ..... I will follow up with more details as I receive them.

If you would like to volunteer to help for the event, the next organizational meeting will be on Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. at the Delcambre Shrimp Festival Building.

For those of you who do not know Tipper, he is the son of Marcelle Migues Alexander (originally from Erath) and Chris Esponge and a 2009 graduate of Delcambre High School. Tipper sustained a spinal cord injury on August 25 while at basic training with the National Guards in Fort Benning, Georgia. He is currently undergoing rehabilitation at The Shepherd Center in Atlanta, Georgia.