SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:29 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710
Default dog toys?

Ok fellas the lab we have is growing and he seems bored in our back yard. He is biting on everything he can get his mouth on! . He isn't destroying anything, just playing with it.
What can I get him to play with in the back yard? What do you have for your lab?
Old 10-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Redfish

Cash: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
What do you have for your lab?
A couple of mine have been partial to trailer wires
Old 10-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Lots and lots of raw hides! Labs are very destructive!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

A time machine to fast forward a couple of years. other than that, mine like ropes, their favorites are old crew boat ropes I cut into 1' sections.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

So far with countless dollars lost on products that say indestructible the only thing that has held up are the black Kong toys. Also deer antlers take a couple of months to whittle down but unless your getting them yourself they are pretty expensive.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

yep, the kong toys are about the toughest. Just got my lab a new toy sat night(not kong) It was destroyed by Sunday morning. My Lab is now 2 years old now, but I have to say, she has been very good about not chewing me out of house and home. My last lab chewed everything from patio furniture, swingsets,truck brake lines, ac. thermostat lines,to tractor seats,hydraulic hoses, light switches and everything in between. That was all before she was 2. Another good chew toy that is cheap too, is an empty gatorade or water bottle. Water bottle makes a nice crunchy sound when they chew it. Glad this dog loves chew toys, dont know if I could afford another one like last one.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Kong toys are nice and I use em for puppies. Rawhides work good for chewing satisfaction and cleaning teeth. But if you really wanna combat a chewer, exercise them more, and most important, give them a "job". Dogs become destructive and chew incessantly when they're bored. Especially Working and Sporting breeds. Exercise tames the boredom and a job gives them purpose and fulfillment in their life. Just my 2¢. But the Black Kong balls are the strongest and don't forget to buy the stuffing to fill the inside with. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Gatoraid bottles/water bottles are the favorite and cheap. Buy a few of the Cow legs they sell mine will chew on that and be so into it her eye's will roll back. LOL
Old 10-21-2014, 07:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,379

This is Beaux, and plastic bottles are is crack. I just got home from work and opened my door and turned around to grab some paper work and then I heard him so I grabbed my phone to film it. He will go to great lengths to get one! He's even taken them right out of my hand when I was on the phone and not paying attention. He try's to be real quiet and sneaky when he does it too, extremely funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk