SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default 2 days

We had a 2 day trip with 2 boats fishing for Fish Intimidator. At the dock the other guide said he was going looking for trout. He had 150 live shrimp. This was not my plan but they wanted to fish together so last minute I got 100 livies and met them there. They already were on the fish and we followed suit as soon as I changed all my setups. I had 3 generations on board with me.

About 11:00 We ran out of live bait and the bite had slowed. We did get some trout on plastics and also dead bait. With a box of nice trout we had lunch and then went looking for some slot reds and maybe a flounder or 2. We actually only had a few short trout. Most of then we did not even have to measure. Ended up with 65 trout before things died down.

I started looking in some of the cuts for flounder or reds. Picked up a small flounder right off and lost another and a rat red.

I was not happy with what was going on so I went to another pass all together. This move allowed us to find a few slot reds.

We had to weed through a lot of rats just to find a few good reds but we added to our fish box.

For a pair of young kids they fished hard all day and never got tired or bored until around mid afternoon. I was looking forward to fishing with them the next day. I discussed it with the dad and he wanted to load up on live bait and kill the trout again. This would keep the kids interested as long as there was action.

The next day I loaded up with 200 live shrimp and headed back to where I was the day before. I got there early but it was already a parking lot. The winds were still honking. The water was a bit dirtier and before I realized it my bait in the live well was dying. This explains why the trout were scarce to say the least. The fresh water had moved in enough to shut down the trout. In 2 hours we only boated one trout. I am sure a lot of our missed fish were trout but nobody was setting the world on fire. The other boat was going to wait for the bite to turn on. He had about 7 or 8. I told him I was going elsewhere and would keep in contact.

I made a move across the rough nasty Mississippi with wind and current fighting each other. Not what I wanted to do but I had no choice if I wanted to get some fish. As we were fishing the bank the youngest boy Jack hooks up with a good fish that goes back into the grasses. This fish is about 3 feet deep into the grass and thrashing trying to get free. I instruct Jack to just keep good pressure on the fish but do not fight it. I have found that with the steady pressure the fish eventually go to the place of least resistance and should soon find the way out following the line's lead. As I go to net the fish I realize it is not a redfish but a good size bass. Turned out to be 3.0 pounds weighed on the marina's digital scale.

Within the next 15 minutes he puts 2 more into the boat. The other 2 went 2.6 and 2.8 pounds. Only second time I came in with a bass without targeting them. It was tough even finding a place to cast without the wind killing us. We did pick up a few slot reds but it was a struggle.

We managed to ice down a few and earned every one of them.

2 days of fishing with some fun people. Although not a bragging limit our catch made for a nice picture.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM