SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
If you would take a step back and look at what you are saying it's exactly what arguing against

Trump or Cruz can win. They are not like your last two Republican Party candidates like Romney or McCain. cruz is an actual conservative Trump is trump and listening to some of these Bernie supporters they are very against Hillary and will stay home or vote for a 3rd party if she gets the nomination. She will get the nomination
Looks like we misunderstood each other somewhere along the way. I am saying that we all should get behind whoever gets the nomination, either Trump or Cruz. If we all do that, we will win!!
Old 03-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
Then get ready for a Democrat in the White House.

As a someone in the financial sector I don't like that some of Trumps companies have filed bankruptcy. But like smart business people he took advantage of loopholes created by Washington. Those filings were a strategic move that every businessman would most likely have made.

PS: See bolded text. Are we supposed to care about this?
You don't need to care about it at all. I choose to "Care" because it represents a very clear thing to me.... This guy strives for excellence..... not mediocrity..... This guy was known as "VETO Johnson" for using his line item veto powers to veto bills more than 200 times in his first 6 months in office. He did that to cut government waste and spending.... All the other gov's combined in the USA didn't veto 1/10 of that amount collectively during his two terms in office. To summarize.... not only does he talk the talk... he has indeed walked the walk.....

As far as Trump just being a smart businessman and taking advantage of loopholes, If you buy that... then i must presume you have no issue in any form with the millions of american's living (no THRIVING) of welfare..... because they are one and the same... except Trump does it on a so much larger scale.

Again your arguing that me supporting someone else with some morals, is going to mean that trump will lose and we will somehow end up choosing the "greater" evil once again..... When in reality both the evils are just washing corporate america's hands.

Me.... I wan't a star QB leading my team... not some second rate, no account, has been, that never really was.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:23 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
You don't need to care about it at all. I choose to "Care" because it represents a very clear thing to me.... This guy strives for excellence..... not mediocrity..... This guy was known as "VETO Johnson" for using his line item veto powers to veto bills more than 200 times in his first 6 months in office. He did that to cut government waste and spending.... All the other gov's combined in the USA didn't veto 1/10 of that amount collectively during his two terms in office. To summarize.... not only does he talk the talk... he has indeed walked the walk.....

As far as Trump just being a smart businessman and taking advantage of loopholes, If you buy that... then i must presume you have no issue in any form with the millions of american's living (no THRIVING) of welfare..... because they are one and the same... except Trump does it on a so much larger scale.

Again your arguing that me supporting someone else with some morals, is going to mean that trump will lose and we will somehow end up choosing the "greater" evil once again..... When in reality both the evils are just washing corporate america's hands.

Me.... I wan't a star QB leading my team... not some second rate, no account, has been, that never really was.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:

So the millions thriving on Welfare won't have to worry about being drug tested with Gary's liberal drug policy, their not hurting anybody - right?
Old 03-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

It's going to be interesting to see who wins this election. Just as most of you guys are going to vote for Trump no matter what to keep Hillary out of office from what I've seen most of the democrats are going to vote for Hillary no matter what to keep Trump out of office.

As far as voting for a third party candidate I'd rather vote for one of those that has a platform that more closely aligns with what I'm looking for in a president than the popular candidate that I disagree with. Maybe if more of us would start supporting third party candidates that we can believe in a third party would become viable. Meanwhile most of us will hold our noses and vote for someone we really don't like mainly because the republican candidate isn't quite as bad as the democratic candidate. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
So the millions thriving on Welfare won't have to worry about being drug tested with Gary's liberal drug policy, their not hurting anybody - right?
If a drug that has a significantly lower impact, than either Alcohol or Tobacco is legalized, then i strongly suspect that the same thing happening with users of those drugs will happen with users of weed.... they will enjoy it when they are not working.... and when they are working they will abstain...

Certainly that's whats happening in states who have chosen to de-criminalize / legalize.

crazy concept isn't it....
Old 03-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Oh and by the way, if we get a libertarian in office who can cleanse us of some of the crony capitalism going on. Real capitalism (via a laissez faire policy) will take hold again and our economy will be booming so much that those people will want to work... because the rewards will be truly meaningful.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Redfish

Quote:
If a drug that has a significantly lower impact, than either Alcohol or Tobacco is legalized, then i strongly suspect that the same thing happening with users of those drugs will happen with users of weed.... they will enjoy it when they are not working.... and when they are working they will abstain...

Certainly that's whats happening in states who have chosen to de-criminalize / legalize.

crazy concept isn't it....
The flaw in that concept is when your company drug tests you for marijuana there is no distinction to determine if you were using it on your days off or at work, it's the number of nanograms in your bloodstream at the time of the test, and thats stored in your fat cells so those levels diminish over long periods of time, it's not an exact science that can say when and how much you've consumed.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
The flaw in that concept is when your company drug tests you for marijuana there is no distinction to determine if you were using it on your days off or at work, it's the number of nanograms in your bloodstream at the time of the test, and thats stored in your fat cells so those levels diminish over long periods of time, it's not an exact science that can say when and how much you've consumed.

That will be a problem that companies will have to figure out. Maybe the testing will improve if weed is legalized in more states. I know this is something my coworkers and I have talked about.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
ummmm... if you can't pass a drug test... then you can't work for that company.... so... no different than what goes on in places that currently allow pot use.

not saying its a perfect system... but its not a system that is so flawed that it will keep me from voting for someone who actually has some moral fiber and a sense of both responsibility and ethics.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

If the Republican Party would get out of their own damn way, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Say what you want about the Democrat party, but they have their $#!+ together, while the Republican candidates look dumber than a stage full of rodeo clowns with their d!€k measuring contests and all. That's why we will not see a Republican hold the POTUS position for at least another decade. A true libertarian candidate (fiscally conservative and socially liberal) with the backing of the Republican's money would be one Hell of a combination. We'd be watching the Democrat party die right now instead of the Republican Party.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
If the Republican Party would get out of their own damn way, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Say what you want about the Democrat party, but they have their $#!+ together, while the Republican candidates look dumber than a stage full of rodeo clowns with their d!€k measuring contests and all. That's why we will not see a Republican hold the POTUS position for at least another decade. A true libertarian candidate (fiscally conservative and socially liberal) with the backing of the Republican's money would be one Hell of a combination. We'd be watching the Democrat party die right now instead of the Republican Party.

I totally agree! They ran out John McCain with Sarah Palin and the Mitt Romney and now Donald Trump is leading for the nomination. These are horrible candidates. The only reason a republican might win this year is because Hillary is such a horrible candidate.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Oh and by the way, if we get a libertarian in office who can cleanse us of some of the crony capitalism going on. Real capitalism (via a laissez faire policy) will take hold again and our economy will be booming so much that those people will want to work... because the rewards will be truly meaningful.
If your definition of crony capitalism is business depending on gov't for their success, rather than gov't getting out of the way I agree 100 pct.

Last edited by Baychamp1; 03-12-2016 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott craft View Post
I totally agree! They ran out John McCain with Sarah Palin and the Mitt Romney and now Donald Trump is leading for the nomination. These are horrible candidates. The only reason a republican might win this year is because Hillary is such a horrible candidate.

I respect McCain for his service, but he is a closeted Democrat. He didn't need that fool Palin to help him lose. Romney ran a horrible campaign to lose to Obama with such a low approval rating going into the 2012 election. For that, I blame the Republican Party. Once you are their candidate, they own you. Plain and simple. Watch Trump do a 180 from his current persona if he gets the nomination. It was already evident in the debate Thursday night. Democrats win because they can count on their voter block to walk through sleet, rain, or snow to push that button for a D. Republican's will stay home if their candidate didn't make the cut. If the Republicans would drop the hard line stance on social issues, they may stand a chance. As far as I can tell, they are too tete dur to do it. So I'll sit here and drink beer on my porch, and pay higher taxes to do it, while the Democrats run this country in the ground with help from the Republican Party.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Last election Libertarian Party got .9 pct. of the vote, they won't even know who their candidate is until May from what I understand, not saying they don't have some really good ideas, just so unorganized & underfunded it's unfortunately not their time yet, so we're stuck with what we got.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

they are too tete dur to do it

Love it!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
If your definition of crony capitalism is business depending on gov't for their success, rather than gov't getting out of the way I agree 100 pct.
Pretty much that. Crony Capitolism aka good old boy networking etc... When mega business gets to finance lifestyles of the rich and famous episodes (washington DC season) in return for getting laws written in such a way as it favors them.... yes.

for a rather glaring perfect example look to "obamacare" the name of which should really be... "Mega Insurance company care" Those same mega companies lobbied with untold millions probably even billions of dollars to be able to WRITE the actual new laws..... They won that right and voila the country is stuck with the biggest joke of a healthcare program that has ever been seen... yet its a VERY VERY PROFITABLE program...

Across the board look at every single large insurance providers stock since "obamacare" was rolled out....Kaiser, Aetna, Humana, Cigna, Wellpoint...you name it. They have ALL nearly tripled their stock values............................................ ...............

Yet you, I, and everyone else who is not a public servant is required by law to participate in this pyramid scheme.... and if you don't.. you get slammed with repressive hidden tax.

It's the corporate version of fish in a barrel!!!

Which leads me right to my original point... IT AINT BOUT DEM CRAT'S OR DEM PUBLICAN'S .... OBAMACARE PASSED WITH STRONG SUPPORT FROM BOTH PARTIES..... because the people paying their bills (insurance companies) said it better pass!

When you look at the above versus taking a Laissez Faire attitude towards capitalism (think in terms of no government intervention, a business either sinks or swims based on its own abilities and merits)

Then the truth of what path we should be own becomes much more self evident.

simple... FOLLOW THE MONEY.... and SEE WHO BENEFITS.....
Old 03-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Ling

Quote:
Last election Libertarian Party got .9 pct. of the vote, they won't even know who their candidate is until May from what I understand, not saying they don't have some really good ideas, just so unorganized & underfunded it's unfortunately not their time yet, so we're stuck with what we got.
I completely agree with you and that's why I'll be casting my vote for whoever the republican candidate is. As much as I wish this weren't the case, I'm not naive. I know how the game is played. Until Libertarians hold a handful of nationally significant offices, a vote for them equals a vote for a Democrat. I'm saying the Republican Party as a whole need to reevaluate their position. Hold fast to fiscal conservatism and lighten up on social issues. Hell, if they would just agree to legalize marijuana, that would make a world of difference on their acceptance to independents. Let's face it, most of us in south Louisiana are high functioning drunks. What's the difference between a 6 pack a night habit and getting a little Chinese eyes at night, other than the government telling you it's bad? I though Republican's were supposed to be leery of government regulations? And for the record, I do not smoke weed nor will I when it is legalized..... I'm a drunk. Not a pothead.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Pretty much that. Crony Capitolism aka good old boy networking etc... When mega business gets to finance lifestyles of the rich and famous episodes (washington DC season) in return for getting laws written in such a way as it favors them.... yes.

for a rather glaring perfect example look to "obamacare" the name of which should really be... "Mega Insurance company care" Those same mega companies lobbied with untold millions probably even billions of dollars to be able to WRITE the actual new laws..... They won that right and voila the country is stuck with the biggest joke of a healthcare program that has ever been seen... yet its a VERY VERY PROFITABLE program...

Across the board look at every single large insurance providers stock since "obamacare" was rolled out....Kaiser, Aetna, Humana, Cigna, Wellpoint...you name it. They have ALL nearly tripled their stock values............................................ ...............

Yet you, I, and everyone else who is not a public servant is required by law to participate in this pyramid scheme.... and if you don't.. you get slammed with repressive hidden tax.

It's the corporate version of fish in a barrel!!!

Which leads me right to my original point... IT AINT BOUT DEM CRAT'S OR DEM PUBLICAN'S .... OBAMACARE PASSED WITH STRONG SUPPORT FROM BOTH PARTIES..... because the people paying their bills (insurance companies) said it better pass!

When you look at the above versus taking a Laissez Faire attitude towards capitalism (think in terms of no government intervention, a business either sinks or swims based on its own abilities and merits)

Then the truth of what path we should be own becomes much more self evident.

simple... FOLLOW THE MONEY.... and SEE WHO BENEFITS.....
Get your facts straight, No Republicans in the House or Senate voted for Obamacare - check the roll call vote! A perfect example of crony capitalism, forced on the insurance companies by the Democrats, not both parties!!!

Last edited by Baychamp1; 03-12-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott craft View Post
That will be a problem that companies will have to figure out. Maybe the testing will improve if weed is legalized in more states. I know this is something my coworkers and I have talked about.

No, this won't be a problem that companies have to figure out, just like it is now, you will have to figure out how much your job is worth compared to the alternative. Can't sugarcoat it, at least not now.

Last edited by Baychamp1; 03-12-2016 at 11:07 PM.