SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 02-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallardFish View Post
I call bullshat on all big numbers of trout yesterday! The tide didn't move til later in the day and by that time the wind was howling from the south. Up north (aka " where the trout are") looked like chocolate milk when the tide started to move.
Caught 10 trout, 4 reds, and a flounder in Prien Lake yesterday afternoon. Water was not as clear as it was the weekend before. Dang wind was WHIPPIN! Had a 12 yr old with us who has never really fished, had to watch out for hooks flyin and that wind multiplied that 10-fold. Caught enough trout for them to eat and went to some sheltered water and caught some reds. Had to end up putting a circle hook on for the kid and he finally caught a redfish - the drifting and slack in the line was not too favorable for him. Heard it was SLICK that morning out there though. Will post some pics later, but buddy caught a 35+ lb 'W' (black drum) on 12 lb test, got drum slime all up in the boat
Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
LMAO...where is the love wrap around

LMAO!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Tide moved all day...morning was the best...from 7am to 2pm.... over 1ft half...
what is 1ft half is that a NASA term? All I know is all morning when we were potlicking your hole, my boat did not move - i.e. if the tide was moving you must have put some NASA force field around my boat. Fog set in, so we had little choice but to stay put.

I admit we got skunked on trout, but we caught reds till our hands hurt and it sure beat a day in the office
Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

In the Big Lake area a rising tide often does not = moving water, except in the lower part of the ship channel and in the washout/9 mile cut areas. That area usually has good water movement.

On a rising tide......it is more like the ship channel is "blocked" creating a dam like effect. When the ship channel is "blocked" the water upstream has no where to go so the lake level starts to rise.

When the tide shifts to a falling tide.....then it is more like a "bath tub" effect.....and the water drains out.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
In the Big Lake area a rising tide often does not = moving water, except in the lower part of the ship channel and in the washout/9 mile cut areas. That area usually has good water movement.

On a rising tide......it is more like the ship channel is "blocked" creating a dam like effect. When the ship channel is "blocked" the water upstream has no where to go so the lake level starts to rise.

When the tide shifts to a falling tide.....then it is more like a "bath tub" effect.....and the water drains out.

One would think that W would know this.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post

On a hard fast moving tide I would agree...but a steady incoming will move...and up North you will notice the movement in Turnners bays.. you will get a push from Texaco or straight up West bank.

Falling tide will move everywhere.....