SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Banned

Default Monsterquest

Any of you all watch monsterquest on the history channel? They seem to focus mostly on bigfoot, etc. One of the programs did a story on the Honey Island swamp monster in SE LA.

Anyone here ever seen anything weird? bigfoot? ghosts? monsters?

I like this show but i wish they would kill or snag one of these things soon.

btw, I had to turn a light on in the next room
Old 05-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Redfish

Cash: 650

I won't swear to it but I've been spooked fishing toledo bend by myself no night lights!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I saw that same show.....about 6 months ago.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

I agree with Angler. You think if they could find Saddam in a hole in the dessert, they could catch a bigfoot or something. LOL
Old 05-25-2009, 08:17 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

ask mark (mechanix000) about the sound in the bayou while frogging!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

no lie here- i was runnin the river today and i was looking for a place that is flat and clear on a bank to camp..as i was runnin i look..there is a 4 ft tall statue of something..2 tree crosses (t like that) and one big ole bon fire waiting to be lit. no tents. no 4-wheelers, no nothing.

i think some weird group of people go and do some ritual stuff back there...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

I remeber the first time I went froging by myself an was thinking out loud an said I wonder how deep the water is here aaaaaaaaaaan then I herd kneeeeee deep kneeee deep . talk about scared!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 600

I remember when I was probably 6 or 7 my dad and I went to launch the boat at Ward 8 in Lebleu. He was getting the boat ready and I went down to the river to skip rocks or something, when I was almost to the bank I saw a huge 'sea serpent' come up out of the water in the middle of the river. I had seen gators before and it definitely was not that, to this day I am not sure what it was, probably a big alligator gar, this is what I still see when I think of that day...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (2.4 KB, 94 views)
Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Sailfish

When you are froggen, you want to hear............Ankledeeeeep.....Ankledeeeep....
Old 05-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Sailfish

Killa.....it might have been a log.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa k View Post
I remember when I was probably 6 or 7 my dad and I went to launch the boat at Ward 8 in Lebleu. He was getting the boat ready and I went down to the river to skip rocks or something, when I was almost to the bank I saw a huge 'sea serpent' come up out of the water in the middle of the river. I had seen gators before and it definitely was not that, to this day I am not sure what it was, probably a big alligator gar, this is what I still see when I think of that day...

there is some freaky stuff in the lil burns too!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Killa.....it might have been a log.
I don't think so because whatever it was came out of the water, rolled and went straight back down and i never saw it again, and it was heading upstream. You know at W8 the old launch that goes right into the river? That's where I was standing and it was going from left to right.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 640

Seen "mists"...Caught them and orbs on camera...We were staying at the Place d' Arms and herd kids running up and down the stairs at like 2 in the morning, laughing and giggling. Went out to check; there was no one there and the noises just vanished...As soon as we went back in the room, it started back up again...We moved rooms the next morningYou spend enough time down in the Big Easy with all the freaky stuff that goes on down there, you're bound to see something...Trying to get Hackberry Hustler to take me to the Myrtle's Plantation to stay the night, but he refuses...Scared of the ghosts I'm a nerd though; I think it would be fun
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
Any of you all watch monsterquest on the history channel? They seem to focus mostly on bigfoot, etc. One of the programs did a story on the Honey Island swamp monster in SE LA.

Anyone here ever seen anything weird? bigfoot? ghosts? monsters?

I like this show but i wish they would kill or snag one of these things soon.

btw, I had to turn a light on in the next room
I watch this show all the time, do you ever notice how when one of the searchers or eye witnesses comes in contact with whatever they are trying to catch the camera isn't on or stopped working or something like that? And all the physical evidence (blood, hair, etc.) is always contaminated?

The chupacabra one is pretty good too, they have a lot of footage from east tx and actually have some specimens, which all turn out to be mangey coyotes.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:30 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

I have stayed the night at the Myrtles twice. And "Yes" that place is haunted. Did not sleep either time...It was a cool experience though...
!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone, but don't book it for 2 nights because you will only stay one, trust me...
Old 05-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I have stayed the night at the Myrtles twice. And "Yes" that place is haunted. Did not sleep either time...It was a cool experience though...
!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone, but don't book it for 2 nights because you will only stay one, trust me...
I want to stay there either at the beginning of one of our New Orleans trips or at the very end...Hustler says he's gonna take a tranquilizer so if they jack with him, he won't know it... Another good place to visit is St. Louis Cemetary #1 in NOLA...EXTREMELY HAUNTED!!! That's another on my "chickens" won't go to...lol...
Old 05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie View Post
Trying to get Hackberry Hustler to take me to the Myrtle's Plantation to stay the night, but he refuses...Scared of the ghosts I'm a nerd though; I think it would be fun
You guys should at least go eat there and take one of the nightime tours, pretty cool, we went and while we were on the tour my wife saw one of the rockers on the back porch rocking by itself, thing was there were 3 rockers next to each other, this one was the only one rocking, no one was on the porch, and it was the middle chair. The lady next to my wife saw it too and was so freaked out she accidentally pulled down one of the curtains, which of course surprised everyone else on the tour, I laughed so hard I had tears.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:43 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie View Post
I want to stay there either at the beginning of one of our New Orleans trips or at the very end...Hustler says he's gonna take a tranquilizer so if they jack with him, he won't know it... Another good place to visit is St. Louis Cemetary #1 in NOLA...EXTREMELY HAUNTED!!! That's another on my "chickens" won't go to...lol...
Stay their on the way back, it will make for a great ending to a road trip. I have never went to the St. Louis Cemetary but will have to check it out next time I'm down in N.O. Do they give tours to the cemetary or do you just go on your own or what is your recommendation??? You must go to the Myrtles, you will not sleep all night and then when the morning finally gets there you were so scared all night you are wide awake to drive home. LOL....
Old 05-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default Have U ever seen this ONE

This thing has been lurking around big lake for years!!!! They say it lives off of trout but I have never seen it with any trout!!! Only comes out few times a year and hard to track!!! FBI,State Biologist,Cameron police and WL&F have been tracking it!!!! I got this close up pic one day!!! Haven't seen it since!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1185136488153382.jpg (23.6 KB, 81 views)
Old 05-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa k View Post
You guys should at least go eat there and take one of the nightime tours, pretty cool, we went and while we were on the tour my wife saw one of the rockers on the back porch rocking by itself, thing was there were 3 rockers next to each other, this one was the only one rocking, no one was on the porch, and it was the middle chair. The lady next to my wife saw it too and was so freaked out she accidentally pulled down one of the curtains, which of course surprised everyone else on the tour, I laughed so hard I had tears.
I think that kind of stuff is a blast! You get the adrenaline rush without the risk...