SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

if catching small trout, stay there keep them for eating. Then go on a search for the big one.

Large trout are only good for mounting or releasing, and now days you can do replica mounts, so I'd release them all.... IMO.....

And for me, its gotta be 8+ before I put it on a wall. I'm still searching....

Large trout are carniverous, meaning they will eat small trout. Big trout are spooked much easier, so if someone's already in your hole, and you're looking for big ones, I'd suggest moving on as they likely scared the big ones off.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Banned

i wouldn't use troutmasters as the bible on speck fishing, didn't they put that dude shoop or whatever from seabrook in there?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
if catching small trout, stay there keep them for eating. Then go on a search for the big one.

Large trout are only good for mounting or releasing, and now days you can do replica mounts, so I'd release them all.... IMO.....

And for me, its gotta be 8+ before I put it on a wall. I'm still searching....

Large trout are carniverous, meaning they will eat small trout. Big trout are spooked much easier, so if someone's already in your hole, and you're looking for big ones, I'd suggest moving on as they likely scared the big ones off.
Large Trout eat just as good as small trout...and trust me i know..ive ate a few 6 lb. trout before....got a 7.2 and a 7.9 at the taxidermist right now...thats a crock a **** about how large trout are flakey and all this BS...i dont release trout unless they are 7+ now...i got me 2 to hang so y not start releasing....anything 6 and under is food in the deep freeze i dont care wat anybody thinks of that...remember fellas...theres no way in our lifetimes we will fish this species to extinction...no way....
Old 10-08-2009, 10:07 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
i wouldn't use troutmasters as the bible on speck fishing, didn't they put that dude shoop or whatever from seabrook in there?
ya lol...he chunks croakers but that dudes a beast....he looks like a bum
Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Banned

i'd bet the farm he's also selling gamefish
Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I dont read trout books.....Reason think about it!!! If I was slinging huge trout day in a day out...I would not tell a sole..... I just fish!!! Thats how you learn!!! I promise you get out there enough you will learn a lot.....the more time on the water the better....I learned something last trip!!! ...... And look look look.... If you see somthing try it.... never second guess your self.... I get to the landing and 90% of the time I know where im heading..... Why...Data... I keep data from every trip I make over the years....fish follow that data.... this is important also.... it gives me a better chance that others...... My 2cents
Old 10-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
If I was slinging huge trout day in a day out...I would not tell a sole.....

stop it
Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

LMAO!!! I said if!! Hell with them big trout!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,303

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoke222000 View Post
Trout Masters is a great book to read for this type of information. Alot of different opinions on the subject of sow trout, but it is all good info. I highly reccomend getting the book.
Got the book and is very informative.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
I dont read trout books because I can't read.....Reason think about it!!! If I was slinging huge trout day in a day out...I would not tell a sole..... I just fish!!! Thats how you learn!!! I promise you get out there enough you will learn a lot.....the more time on the water the better....I learned something last trip!!! ...... And look look look.... If you see somthing try it.... never second guess your self.... I get to the landing and 90% of the time I know where im heading..... Why...Data... I keep data from every trip I make over the years....fish follow that data.... this is important also.... it gives me a better chance that others...... My 2cents
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
This is true and false in the same way.... Big trout will school with smaller trout....Big trout will also chase shrimp.... I my self have pulled trout out from under birds in the 6lb range..... And I know that one of the 10lb trout that were caught was chasing bait under some birds working.... BUt your right Big trout dont move from area to area like smaller trout....but they will school up with other big trout also.... I saw a 32lb 5 trout stringer that was all pulled in from one school and they let 6 or 7 more 5lb trout go..... Bruce can tell you about a trip he went on last year where they caught around 20 trou over 5lbs..... Lot of this also has to do with whats area your fishing....

Wasn't that the same day that you boated a 7 lb. stringer?