SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Best 4th of July ever!!!

My original plans were to have a couples offshore trip on Saturday with some friends in the Contender, but plans started falling apart so I pushed the trip back to Sunday. After another cancelation, we had no choice but to scrub the plans all the way since it is not feasible for me to run that boat on my checkbook alone!
So we go out partying on Friday night and have a blast, wake up Saturday morning w/ no plans at all. I call my dad down in Dularge to see what the camp situation was and we decide at the last minute to head down there for a 4th of July trip that we always enjoy. Pull up at 3pm on Saturday and leave the Blazer Bay on the trailer, spending the entire night eating, drinking, dancing, and signing kareoke! Had a blast and met up with old friends I haven't scene in 20 years.

On Sunday morning I call one of my buds from Baton Rouge that was suppose to come with us on Saturday. They are able to make a speck trip down there and wanted to bring his 15y/o daughter Hanna along. I told him I was leaving the dock at 3pm to fish the afternoon tide so roll out of Brusly and meet us down there. As luck would have it, I timed it perfect. We had a strong storm off towards MCY, so that cooled us off while we made our way out to the Gulf. Ran to the Pickets, and found pretty water and a few trout, but they were small. Ran over to the big platform at SS-26, but they had sandblast/painting operations going so I didn't want to mess up the "seafoam green" with yellow paint. I moved over to Mardi Gras and it was on!!

All trout came in on plastics of all kinds and some really nice fish. Most were in the 16-18" range, but we had a few at 20". I had the shot at a 15# triple tail that came right to the boat, but I was throwing a double rig at the time and just landed a fish when I saw it. My second hook that got lodged in my wife's fish towel that was laying on the deck, and by the time I grabbed another rod, he was gone. Sure wish I could have gotten him! We ended the day when the trout stopped and the sailcats started, total count was 64. Headed in just in time to watch the fireworks show from the boat in Fisherman's Retreat. Thanks to my bride and good friends for a very special 4th of July weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dulargefish 039.jpg (68.9 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg dulargefish 041.jpg (50.4 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg dulargefish 045.jpg (50.2 KB, 257 views)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

hell yeah "Brain"..... good job bro !!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

Great Job Man!!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,352

Sounds like you had a good relaxing weekend.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Redfish

Cash: 809
Default Nice Trip

Brian, way to go!!! Ole Mike looking good...We did well on Sunday morning until the sharks moved in....by the hundreds....every cast was hooking up with Teeth playing the 30lb powerpro music on my rod as they headed to cuba....We released a 5-6 footer at the boat and watched the guy wade fishing go from nipple deep to ankle deep in about 30 seconds...>THIS was the highlight of the trip....I was trying to pull anchor and move cause of the sharks and was laughing so hard, I could not pull it up for a while....That was some funny stuff....Another good trip logged Brian....Great job!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

Nice catch guys and gals.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,303

Great job and pics.